Brechin City 2018 /19

On 6/20/2018 at 15:41, citydiehard said:

Not hearing potential or definite signings is scary as other teams seem to be way ahead of us, maybe last seasons dire performances and results is putting them off,where as seasons before players would jump at the chance in coming to City.Or maybe its Dodds's tactics that is putting them off. 

I take it you were elsewhere when  Jim Weir was  still signing players a week before the season started ? 

And Duffy for that matter

Edited by theoriginalhedge

I would like to see Brechin do well this season after the horrendous one they have just had.  I would hope that does not affect them and they can at least challenge for a promotion playoff spot.  I have a soft spot for both Brechin and Montrose as I used to go to see both when Utd were not playing or away from home, when I used to stay up at Inverbervie.

6 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Tonight is an ideal opportunity to turn up at the glebe and hear directly from Darren about his plans for the season.   

The club have been bitten before , announcing a big name signing before he actually put pen to paper .....then signed for someone else.  So understandably they are reluctant to let info out . 

I agree perfect opportunity , if i wasnt on backshift this week i would have been there to hear what Darrens thoughts were on the season ahead. If you have any news from said meeting then please share. I wont be near the Glebe till the Dundee friendly next Friday night where i will renew my season ticket.

I agree perfect opportunity , if i wasnt on backshift this week i would have been there to hear what Darrens thoughts were on the season ahead. If you have any news from said meeting then please share. I wont be near the Glebe till the Dundee friendly next Friday night where i will renew my season ticket.
I'm the same I was on 2 till 10 .I was actually expecting the "Why we're nt you there brigade " having a go when I asked if there was any gossip.
All I got was a story about my mum working at the Northern [emoji23][emoji23]

So what's the new strip like then (other than the return to red and white)?

The opposite of the current away kit. Red and white as opposed to red and black from last season.

Thought it was a really poor turnout last night with a lot of regular faces nowhere to be seen - probably not helped by the fact the Supporters Club AGM was going on at the same time through in the Platinum Lounge.

Last season was a difficult one to take and in all honesty it’s still hurting but hopefully plenty of City fans snap up season tickets to help with the budget for this season.

Shields a bit of a strange one - was playing in the South of Scotland League last season at Moffat-based Upper Annandale (15 goals from 24 games), one of the league's also rans, with a return to Malta in-between stints there.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Aye Dene must be getting on a bit but with Templeman at Montrose last year aged 38 there is hope.

Good to see Lynas sign up but nae idea about Connor Burns.

What of Storie and Graham?

Squad already looking defence heavy.

Is Burns a midfielder or defender?

2 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Aye Dene must be getting on a bit but with Templeman at Montrose last year aged 38 there is hope.

Good to see Lynas sign up but nae idea about Connor Burns.

What of Storie and Graham?

Squad already looking defence heavy.

Is Burns a midfielder or defender?

Storie picked up a long term injury .  We asked the other night but didn't get a definitive decision on him.  Graham is obviously not wanting to sign .  An offer on the table but by all accounts he wants to go full time.  Think his agent is filling his heid full of big ideas !!!  :rolleyes: