Brechin City 2018 /19

On 15/06/2018 at 19:55, citydiehard said:

I have known how the club has been run for years and actually thought it was a well run club  until Mr Ferguson took over and know for a fact he doesn't care about the fans opinions.A realistic judgement is for the team to win a league game which didn't happen last season yet Mr Dodds is still in a job,anywhere else he would've been sacked.

Whilst you are clearly a trolling halfwit I must reply to your comment about Ken Ferguson,  he has given a huge chunk of his life  to Brechin City  and is a Brechin supporter thru and thru and without people like him through out the years Brechin City would not exist. I do not agree with everything that happens in the boardroom but no one should doubt his passion & commitment to Brechin, why not offer your help instead of trolling away your time on here. I am currently winding down to retirement and hope that next year I can offer some of my time to help out the hard working committee at Brechin. Mon the City

Whilst you are clearly a trolling halfwit I must reply to your comment about Ken Ferguson,  he has given a huge chunk of his life  to Brechin City  and is a Brechin supporter thru and thru and without people like him through out the years Brechin City would not exist. I do not agree with everything that happens in the boardroom but no one should doubt his passion & commitment to Brechin, why not offer your help instead of trolling away your time on here. I am currently winding down to retirement and hope that next year I can offer some of my time to help out the hard working committee at Brechin. Mon the City
In all honesty I don't think it's Kens commitment that's being questioned. I think it's his manner towards the average City Fan .
All he has to do is look at his predecessor s Messrs Will, Birse , etc and realise that a polite hello or thank you would make a world of difference.
Instead he seems to have an uncanny knack of driving folk away with his ( I'm so much better than you persona )
I know folk will criticise me for this but it's true ! unless your in Kens clique he s not interested in what you ve got to offer .
He's driven away a lot of potential sponsors and helpers over the years .
But he s chairman and he does give up his time and family life and for that we re grateful .

4 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

In all honesty I don't think it's Kens commitment that's being questioned. I think it's his manner towards the average City Fan .
All he has to do is look at his predecessor s Messrs Will, Birse , etc and realise that a polite hello or thank you would make a world of difference.
Instead he seems to have an uncanny knack of driving folk away with his ( I'm so much better than you persona )
I know folk will criticise me for this but it's true ! unless your in Kens clique he s not interested in what you ve got to offer .
But he s chairman and he does give up his time and family life and for that we re grateful .

Well you have the perfect opportunity coming up to put all these points to him and see what he and the rest has to say, as I said I am not a  fan of some short coming with the committee but I do not see people clambering to get on the committee when as this year members come up for retirement. Been there and worked with both David Will & Dave Birse both as you say gentlemen and Ken probably could learn a bit from them he certainly could learn fae Dave how to hold his drink:lol:

Well you have the perfect opportunity coming up to put all these points to him and see what he and the rest has to say, as I said I am not a  fan of some short coming with the committee but I do not see people clambering to get on the committee when as this year members come up for retirement. Been there and worked with both David Will & Dave Birse both as you say gentlemen and Ken probably could learn a bit from them he certainly could learn fae Dave how to hold his drink[emoji38]
I think they re are folk who d love to join committee but it's Ken s type of person or no one that gets on . He has to move with times and young Robert Black's the perfect type . Your right though Birsey [emoji23][emoji23]

35 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

I have found the mood in the club to be a lot more positive than some folk make out.  Having been involved with the club in various ways  over the years I would say that constant bitching does nothing but harm to the club and the enthusiasm from those giving their time soon turns into a grudging duty.  We can all have our opinions but surely it is better to try and work together and talk things over .  Much more can be gained from people all pulling in the same direction. 

The club are currently doing a mass tidy up at the glebe including painting , replacing broken seats etc.  and are keen for volunteers to help out.   It is a fine chance for folk to get together and have a bit of chat and banter while helping the club.  Ken and other committee members  are  usually there and are quite approachable in this relaxed environment.  Sometimes it helps if folk make a bit of an effort themselves instead of always being on the offensive. 

I have found the mood in the club to be a lot more positive than some folk make out.  Having been involved with the club in various ways  over the years I would say that constant bitching does nothing but harm to the club and the enthusiasm from those giving their time soon turns into a grudging duty.  We can all have our opinions but surely it is better to try and work together and talk things over .  Much more can be gained from people all pulling in the same direction. 
The club are currently doing a mass tidy up at the glebe including painting , replacing broken seats etc.  and are keen for volunteers to help out.   It is a fine chance for folk to get together and have a bit of chat and banter while helping the club.  Ken and other committee members  are  usually there and are quite approachable in this relaxed environment.  Sometimes it helps if folk make a bit of an effort themselves instead of always being on the offensive. 

Yep and I ve been there helping

Ah ok thanks. Dosnt surprise me about Fin thought he would maybe have other offers or would be looking to move on Dods seemed,to like dropping him for no real reason
It's all too quiet .Usually hear snippets about pretty season training sessions. I heard one revelation last weekend about a potential loan signing which would be the mother of all loan signings but I just can't see us pulling it off . If players have nt signed yet then [emoji112] they obviously don't want to be here .

It's all too quiet .Usually hear snippets about pretty season training sessions. I heard one revelation last weekend about a potential loan signing which would be the mother of all loan signings but I just can't see us pulling it off . If players have nt signed yet then [emoji112] they obviously don't want to be here .
Our training sessions Are pretty ? [emoji23]. Oh who was that ?

Ha ha I would ve went to Bank St [emoji5]... I'm keeping hush because it could be and likely will be the biggest let down when he does nt come .
Code for.
"Someone told me a name they'd like on board that's way above L1 level but I won't want to say in case I look like a tw@t when he does not appear".

The silence from the Glebe is beginning to fill me with fear.  We have signed Hill good signing and some dude from Queens Park. Other clubs are making better progress with their signings and our first friendly is only next Friday. I hope that Dods has a couple of rabbits to pull out of his hat in the form of a couple of strikers who can produce as this is where imo we were lacking . Jackson and Orsi cant do it all themselves.  Maybe i'm being a bit of a worry wart and Dods is waiting till teams are out of the World Cup and pick up a find or two from there. 

On 17/06/2018 at 06:47, Best Team in Angus said:

And the Mafia strikes again.

Not hearing potential or definite signings is scary as other teams seem to be way ahead of us, maybe last seasons dire performances and results is putting them off,where as seasons before players would jump at the chance in coming to City.Or maybe its Dodds's tactics that is putting them off. 

5 hours ago, underpar said:

The silence from the Glebe is beginning to fill me with fear.  We have signed Hill good signing and some dude from Queens Park. Other clubs are making better progress with their signings and our first friendly is only next Friday. I hope that Dods has a couple of rabbits to pull out of his hat in the form of a couple of strikers who can produce as this is where imo we were lacking . Jackson and Orsi cant do it all themselves.  Maybe i'm being a bit of a worry wart and Dods is waiting till teams are out of the World Cup and pick up a find or two from there. 

Tonight is an ideal opportunity to turn up at the glebe and hear directly from Darren about his plans for the season.   

The club have been bitten before , announcing a big name signing before he actually put pen to paper .....then signed for someone else.  So understandably they are reluctant to let info out . 

Unlike some other clubs we only announce signings once the paperwork is signed. Despite the fact it’s been quiet in terms of signings being confirmed there will be plenty of activity going on with a few close to being completed.