Brechin City 2018 /19

Thought i'd be as bold to start a new one for the upcoming season . First off sad news about John Ritchie 's passing . Rip John .                                                                                                                                                                                           Playing Dundee on a Friday night ? Saturday date may have drawn a bigger crowd. Then again we play them in the Betfred Cup , strange that we'll face them twice  within  a week or two. Happy enough with Dougie Hill coming back but what we sorley need after last time out is forwards who can score goals .

Going to give Dodds some credit here, the signings have been very good, hill is a cracking signing that’s twice Dodds has sold him the club also tappin and sinclare are cracking players I think we are looking better already this year , let’s hope Jacko gets fit he’s what we are missing 

10 hours ago, underpar said:

I'd like to see Finn  , Lynas and Storie sign on again  . Mc cord and Barr would be nice too .  A striker who can score  goals would be advantageous ........got all that Darren ?

No fussed about finn if I’m being honest, a midfielder that doesn’t score goals win tackles or dictate play won’t be hard to replace, stories could be a cracking player after a good pre season, I like Lynas but again easily replaceable , bobby Barr will go to Morton with ray but he would be a cracking signing, stay away from McCord he looks like he’s ate another midfielder

No fussed about finn if I’m being honest, a midfielder that doesn’t score goals win tackles or dictate play won’t be hard to replace, stories could be a cracking player after a good pre season, I like Lynas but again easily replaceable , bobby Barr will go to Morton with ray but he would be a cracking signing, stay away from McCord he looks like he’s ate another midfielder

I think Finn ended up getting p o y etc and a few m o m so must have done something right but you are correct in saying he won’t be hard to replace like most of the squad

McCord is a big lad, but in the right team with the correct players around him, he is a top player

Season tickets the same price as last season think that's pretty poor by the club. We are in a lower league and after forking out all that money to not see the team win a game last season . Goes to show how much they actually care about people who out their hard earned cash in to the club

5 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

Season tickets the same price as last season think that's pretty poor by the club. We are in a lower league and after forking out all that money to not see the team win a game last season . Goes to show how much they actually care about people who out their hard earned cash in to the club

I agree. Not even free friendlies or Bet Fred as an added incentive. And if u r 80+ you get a free one, so 50% of our support.

Paying this money Dods needs to hit the ground running or he's out before October.

3 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

Why? Our season ticket prices will be cheaper than Airdrie, Dumbarton, Raith, Stranraer, East Fife and Arbroath whilst they will probably be on par with Montrose, Forfar and Stenhousemuir. The prices have remained the same but in my opinion the season tickets were hugely underpriced for Championship football last season (although in hindsight we may feel we didn't get our moneys worth!). The season tickets has always allowed you into friendlies for free for as long as I can remember as well.

The walk up prices of £15 and £8 are slightly steeper than I'd have expected but unfortunately this is the going rate for League 1 football...at least half of the division will be charging the same if not more with several clubs yet to announce their admission prices.

If you have problems with the prices then bring this up at the AGM as they need to be agreed by the members, but I really fail to see why you'd have a problem with the season ticket pricing.

14 hours ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Disagree about Finn. 

Barr away to Dumbarton

I dont have an issue with the price of the season ticket , if you attend all the home league games there is still a very good saving to be made compared to walk up prices . I am however disappointed with not getting the friendlies included on it . I think they could have left that alone .

Where does it say you don’t get into friendlies with the season ticket? Friendlies have always been included on it and I don’t see anything to suggest that has changed.