Shan things that aren't a patch on the real thing

13 hours ago, harry94 said:

Just to return to the bean thing - it's something I feel very strongly about.

Heinz have the most overrated brand on earth and it makes me despair for humanity that people buy into the myth. Their stuff is just the cheapest brand stuff but watered down much more and there isn't really much redemption in terms of bean quality.

I was arguing with a mate who is a bit of a posey p***k that likes his brands and his argument (which was backed up with substantial external support) was that the high water content assisted in 'soaking up' other parts of the meal. Fucking hell.

Absolutely correct.

I was making a vegan alternative to a standard meal to "include" a friend. I had to check ingredients, and found that none of the Heinz variants were vegan-friendly as they all had milk solids in them.

Checking ingredients further, Heinz were mid-table or worst on all the bad stuff, like sugar, salt, and "percentage that is beans". Also, they consistently lose on the double-blind tastings.

Batteries: apart from high/low drain, just check the total energy capacity (the milliamp-hours). There's no brand that breaks the laws of physics, and you can even decide to pay a lower price per joule rather than going for the longest time between reloads.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IDShot_540x540.jpg
Used to have a gaffer at work who brought cans of lager with him whenever we would go out to play golf. Only thing was it was Hampden Lager, and I'm sure it was even weaker than 2.1%. You would drown before getting close to being drunk on this stuff.

6 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

1......from the boy who sets up a secondary account for red dotting and calls himself 'Linkin Farts?'

2. More film review-style fantasy.  You need to go back and check who got the ball rolling. Think you'll find that gold members can't leave 50 red/green dots in a day either.
The 63 hours a day you spend watching telly is frying your head mate.

Since you want to whine about this in a public forum I’ll take you on. 

I red dotted a racist remark. You red dotted a random post back. This went on for a few. YOU escalated to about 5, I reciprocated. YOU then used started using your daily allowance red dotting me. I reciprocated. 

I understand for every else this sounds incredibly childish but you want to keep mentioning it so I’ll give my side.

I couldn’t give a flying f**k about red dots but it obviously matters to you since you thought they would have an impact on someone, its simply now just amusing me to see you keep posting several times whining about it while still trying to up the ante.

PMs to the effect of “this ends when you want it to” and “I’ve 6000 of your posts left to dot while you’ll have almost run out of mine” aren’t really reflecting the shite you posted about simply telling me “that’s plenty” then bombarding me with reds.

Youve some imagination.

STILL AT LEAST I’M NOT BOTHERED! AMIRIGHT! 

Since you want to whine about this in a public forum I’ll take you on. 
I red dotted a racist remark. You red dotted a random post back. This went on for a few. YOU escalated to about 5, I reciprocated. YOU then used started using your daily allowance red dotting me. I reciprocated. 
I understand for every else this sounds incredibly childish but you want to keep mentioning it so I’ll give my side.
I couldn’t give a flying f**k about red dots but it obviously matters to you since you thought they would have an impact on someone, its simply now just amusing me to see you keep posting several times whining about it while still trying to up the ante.
PMs to the effect of “this ends when you want it to” and “I’ve 6000 of your posts left to dot while you’ll have almost run out of mine” aren’t really reflecting the shite you posted about simply telling me “that’s plenty” then bombarding me with reds.
Youve some imagination.

STILL AT LEAST I’M NOT BOTHERED! AMIRIGHT! 

Heads gone thread for this pish!

14 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Batteries.
Duracell are the best. The likes of Asda Smart Price batteries are for jakes.

Low end car makers like Hyundai and Kia.
It doesn't matter if it looks sporty, it's still a Kia.

On a similar note, I'm almost certain that you're statistically far better off paying a little bit more for a higher quality lightbulb than the cheaper ones. It'll vary a bit from brand to brand but I'm sure that as a rule of thumb it works out you're paying less per hour of use before breaking, on average, for a dearer lightbulb than the cheap shitey ones.

Archived