Promotion / relegation

amigan

10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Of course the SPFL should be more open, so I'll ask again, what has promotion to the SPFL got to do with prom/rel to the EoS? Nobody has answered that point.  You need to flip it around and look at it as an opportunity to put pressure on the SPFL.

If you want to claim I was anti-LL feel free to post up evidence of that.  You're intelligent enough to know the difference between criticism and being totally against something, again, why get personal, it has nothing to do with the subject being discussed?  Now you're implying I have another ID - behave yersel man :rolleyes:

Aye flip it round as an opportunity maybes but like I said there's at least 11 clubs who I reckon are happy where they are at present so speeding up a relegation process aint going to go doon to well. Just my opinion like you have yours 

Who was getting personal,just stating a fact ;)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye flip it round as an opportunity maybes but like I said there's at least 11 clubs who I reckon are happy where they are at present so speeding up a relegation process aint going to go doon to well. Just my opinion like you have yours 

Who was getting personal,just stating a fact ;)

So if that doesn't change, where does it leave the Pyramid, and why do you think the SPFL clubs should think any differently?

25 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

So one up via a 4 game play off into the SPFL is completely alright is it. 

Again al ask why would the existing 16 clubs in the LL vote for extra relegation places when they are restricted to a ridiculous system getting up a higher league as it stands just now.

The SPFL and LL would need to come to some sort of agreement surely. 

Aye go and get them junior forums up when YOU very much were anti  LL .

I wonder when yer pal Hamish the goalie will pop up ;)

Having a reasonable relegation system from the LL increases the chance of direct relegation from the SPFL, it's not exactly rocket science. Defending a ridiculous promotion/relegation system while complaining about another ridiculous promotion/relegation system (as I agree there should be a fairer system with the SPFL as well), won't exactly help your cause.

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

So if that doesn't change, where does it leave the Pyramid, and why do you think the SPFL clubs should think any differently?

As I've awready stated once the west get more involved then we maybes talking extra relegation places.

The 11 clubs that I was talking aboot (and we all know who they are,there is not a lot between them imo) I just don't think will go for it.

Just an opinion though. 

23 minutes ago, Marten said:

Having a reasonable relegation system from the LL increases the chance of direct relegation from the SPFL, it's not exactly rocket science. Defending a ridiculous promotion/relegation system while complaining about another ridiculous promotion/relegation system (as I agree there should be a fairer system with the SPFL as well), won't exactly help your cause.

So what makes you think the SPFL would guarantee direct relegation should the LL go wi your ideas.As someone quoted it's  like turkeys voting for Christmas. 

I think they (SPFL) are more stubborn than anywhere in the pyramid. That's no rocket science either...

18 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

As I've awready stated once the west get more involved then we maybes talking extra relegation places.

The 11 clubs that I was talking aboot (and we all know who they are,there is not a lot between them imo) I just don't think will go for it.

Just an opinion though. 

I think the addition of a possible WoSFL is a bit of a red herring because let’s face it, none of the clubs will be Licenced and it would be 2020/2021 at the earliest before any of them would be eligible for promotion.

Of the realistic promotion contenders in the EoSFL next season, LTHV and Linlithgow are already Licenced, Bonnyrigg, Camelon and HoB will likely be Licenced during the course of the season. Blackburn will (but we won’t be contenders) as will a few others.  Preston also Licenced and can’t be ruled out.   So there’s a very good chance that the three EoS Conference winners will be Licenced.

All three would add quality and strengthen the LL yet only 1 can go up, that doesn’t help the “flow” in the Pyramid, it doesn’t help the LL case for more access to the SPFL.

You’re probably correct in that the 11 LL teams who could be relegated may not vote for that, but then that’s no different to the problem everyone had with the SFL for umpteen years, turkeys voting for Xmas etc, I genuinely thought everyone involved in the Pyramid had moved beyond that given they were victims of the same attitude for so long.  

Clearly not, and that’s deeply disappointing to discover.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You’re probably correct in that the 11 LL teams who could be relegated may not vote for that, but then that’s no different to the problem everyone had with the SFL for umpteen years, turkeys voting for Xmas etc, I genuinely thought everyone involved in the Pyramid had moved beyond that given they were victims of the same attitude for so long.  

I'm not a spokesman for all things pyramid especially LL,I'm just giving my opinion like you give yours so I'm surprised you are deeply disappointed with my thoughts. :lol:

I could be totally wrong and for all I know the LL might already have spoken aboot it.

I'm just a fan who enjoys watching my not so local now team. :thumsup2

18 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

So what makes you think the SPFL would guarantee direct relegation should the LL go wi your ideas.As someone quoted it's  like turkeys voting for Christmas. 

I think they (SPFL) are more stubborn than anywhere in the pyramid. That's no rocket science either...

The "old" EOS clubs voting for 26 new clubs, including some very big ones, to join and be at tier 6 straight away is probably the biggest example of "turkeys voting for Christmas" anywhere in Scottish football for a long time. I hope the example gets followed.

For a proper pyramid, we need a reasonable promotion/relegation structure. That means SPFL opening up to automatic relegation, HL accepting relegation & feeder leagues, but also the LL agreeing to at least 2 automatic relegation places. I'm a strong advocate for all of them, but it has to start somewhere...

Just now, newcastle broon said:

I'm not a spokesman for all things pyramid especially LL,I'm just giving my opinion like you give yours so I'm surprised you are deeply disappointed with my thoughts. :lol:

I could be totally wrong and for all I know the LL might already have spoken aboot it.

I'm just a fan who enjoys watching my not so local now team. :thumsup2

I appreciate that, imagine if Newky Broon was in charge :o   (or me....)

But your take on it, allied to a couple of others on here does seem to indicate an unwillingness to expand rel/prom spots for next season.

14 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I think the addition of a possible WoSFL is a bit of a red herring because let’s face it, none of the clubs will be Licenced and it would be 2020/2021 at the earliest before any of them would be eligible for promotion.

Of the realistic promotion contenders in the EoSFL next season, LTHV and Linlithgow are already Licenced, Bonnyrigg, Camelon and HoB will likely be Licenced during the course of the season. Blackburn will (but we won’t be contenders) as will a few others.  Preston also Licenced and can’t be ruled out.   So there’s a very good chance that the three EoS Conference winners will be Licenced.

All three would add quality and strengthen the LL yet only 1 can go up, that doesn’t help the “flow” in the Pyramid, it doesn’t help the LL case for more access to the SPFL.

You can't really include a bunch of EoS clubs getting licenced during the course of 2018/19 and dismiss potential WoS clubs getting licenced over the course of 2019/20.

Any WoS league could start with a similar number of licenced clubs as the EoS this year and could likely get a similar number of clubs licenced in its first season.

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You can't really include a bunch of EoS clubs getting licenced during the course of 2018/19 and dismiss potential WoS clubs getting licenced over the course of 2019/20.

Any WoS league could start with a similar number of licenced clubs as the EoS this year and could likely get a similar number of clubs licenced in its first season.

I'm referring specifically to season 2018-19 (and 2019-20), no WoSFL ex-Junior club will be Licenced during either of those two seasons apart from Girvan, so the earliest that promotion could happen from a WoSFL to the LL is in time for season 2020-21, two years away.

8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'm referring specifically to season 2018-19 (and 2019-20), no WoSFL ex-Junior club will be Licenced during either of those two seasons apart from Girvan, so the earliest that promotion could happen from a WoSFL to the LL is in time for season 2020-21, two years away.

Surely if a WoSFL starts in 2019, there will be ex-juniors getting licensed on time for promotion to the LL in 2020? Kelty only took a few months to get their license.

31 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I appreciate that, imagine if Newky Broon was in charge :o   (or me....)

But your take on it, allied to a couple of others on here does seem to indicate an unwillingness to expand rel/prom spots for next season.

So me and a couple of others are now spokesmen for the LL. 

As you said to me earlier behave yersel man :lol:

35 minutes ago, Marten said:

The "old" EOS clubs voting for 26 new clubs, including some very big ones, to join and be at tier 6 straight away is probably the biggest example of "turkeys voting for Christmas" anywhere in Scottish football for a long time. I hope the example gets followed.

For a proper pyramid, we need a reasonable promotion/relegation structure. That means SPFL opening up to automatic relegation, HL accepting relegation & feeder leagues, but also the LL agreeing to at least 2 automatic relegation places. I'm a strong advocate for all of them, but it has to start somewhere...

The LL does have a new committee now so who knows what they're thinking. 

The HFL are another stumbling block as well as the SPFL and yet the LL have to be the ones who make drastic changes.

I know it has to start somewhere but.........

Surely if a WoSFL starts in 2019, there will be ex-juniors getting licensed on time for promotion to the LL in 2020? Kelty only took a few months to get their license.
Yeah that what I said, earliest would be promotion for 2020-21

51 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

A WoSL is a slight red herring for promotion (West teams may or may not be licensed by June 2020) but is less of a red herring for west based LL teams who want a decent league with local matches to get relegated into. Neither S0S or EoS are ideal at the moment for LL teams in Salt and Vinegar land. 

5 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

A WoSL is a slight red herring for promotion (West teams may or may not be licensed by June 2020) but is less of a red herring for west based LL teams who want a decent league with local matches to get relegated into. Neither S0S or EoS are ideal at the moment for LL teams in Salt and Vinegar land. 

Restricting relegation wont solve that conundrum, they are already faced with going to EoS or SOS as it stands.

Either way, a WoSFL in some form will exist in 2019-20, so if EK, CC or BSC get relegated next season they will more than likely go there.

Archived