Promotion / relegation

amigan

I would guess the top 5 will be a close fight but ill go for 

1.East Kilbride  2.Spartans  3. East Stirlingshire 4. BSC  5.Kelty

The middle pack not much too chose and in any order 

Bottom 5

16.Vale of leithen 15.Dalbeattie 14.Edinburgh Uni 13 .Whitehill 12.Stirling Uni

A lot more exciting without Hawick as the teams left are far more closely matched 

But looking forward to taking in a few games as the pressure not to go down given the Quality now in the EOS  will be a real incentive to keep out the drop zone 

good luck to all 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/25/2018 at 13:45, Marten said:

I don't think it's officially been announced yet.

There should definitely be at least 2 automatic relegation spots from the LL with the EofS now over flowing with clubs. 14th place should be a playoff as well

On 25/06/2018 at 09:27, Golum said:

I would guess the top 5 will be a close fight but ill go for 

1.East Kilbride  2.Spartans  3. East Stirlingshire 4. BSC  5.Kelty

The middle pack not much too chose and in any order 

Bottom 5

16.Vale of leithen 15.Dalbeattie 14.Edinburgh Uni 13 .Whitehill 12.Stirling Uni

good luck to all 

Al take that right now :thumsup2

You could also add edusport and gala in the bottom 5 mix. 

What Selkirk will we see this season,the one that was impressive last season or the Selkirk of old struggling near the bottom?

From the sides outside the top 5 you mention I don't think there is much between them all at all imo. 

On 6/28/2018 at 07:02, newcastle broon said:

What Selkirk will we see this season,the one that was impressive last season or the Selkirk of old struggling near the bottom?

From the sides outside the top 5 you mention I don't think there is much between them all at all imo. 

Given that Selkirk appear to have lost the majority of their team i would now put them in the bottom 5 danger zone 

Gala gathering a more than decent squad, no danger of bottom 5

30 minutes ago, Tommyssocks1998 said:
On 28/06/2018 at 07:02, newcastle broon said:

Gala gathering a more than decent squad, no danger of bottom 5

Good to hear.  Josh will hopefully bag ye a few goals though seemed to struggle a bit at ww.

The lad Addison is a player who's always stood out in games for me. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, edinabear said:

Has the 2nd relegation spot been confirmed yet? It really is a must with the EofS  now overcrowded and the demise of Selkirk.

Nope. Think things will stay the same until the WoS League issue is resolved.

At the moment the EoS has updated their policy section for 2018 but there's no longer any mention of promotion/relegation issues in previous years. The Lowland League still has last year's consititution up. So there's a slight hope of some change this year, but i'd doubt it.

Don't think they can change the number of relegation places after the league has started but I would hope that there would be a minimum of 2, possibly rising to 3, put in place for next season, depending on having enough licenced clubs in the tier below. 

27 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Don't think they can change the number of relegation places after the league has started but I would hope that there would be a minimum of 2, possibly rising to 3, put in place for next season, depending on having enough licenced clubs in the tier below. 

Would hope two definite if Selkirk don’t continue this season then there will be nothing to fear at the bottom of league and only a playoff chance of promotion making it the hardest league in World to get out of good or bad 

14 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Would hope two definite if Selkirk don’t continue this season then there will be nothing to fear at the bottom of league and only a playoff chance of promotion making it the hardest league in World to get out of good or bad 

Always thought the EvoStik League was the hardest one to get out of. 

8 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Even if Selkirk go bust, clubs are still going to want to avoid 15th place. Vale of Leithen were on the shoogly peg right up until Cowdenbeath won their SPFL playoff.

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Even if Selkirk go bust, clubs are still going to want to avoid 15th place. Vale of Leithen were on the shoogly peg right up until Cowdenbeath won their SPFL playoff.

And no just vale ww dalbeattie and gala were added to that mix in the final few weeks of the season.  

It was tight at the top till the last day as well.

You'd think this league was boring :whistle

I'm going to nominate the Isles of Scilly Football League for that; two teams playing each other 17 times, nowhere to go up, nowhere to go down.

I'm going to nominate the Isles of Scilly Football League for that; two teams playing each other 17 times, nowhere to go up, nowhere to go down.

Bear in mind that many Glasgow journalists think this an absolutely ideal setup [emoji6]

6 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Bear in mind that many Glasgow journalists think this an absolutely ideal setup emoji6.png

Imagine the gruesome twosome arguing about the venue for match 17.

Archived