Promotion / relegation

amigan

1 minute ago, heedthebaa said:

What risk ??? They all fucked off with no regard towards the Eos whatsoever, basically leaving them to rot. I can’t remember many complaining about it, the Eos cut their cloth accordingly and got on with it, because it was what was needed to forward Scottish football. Now the Eos have opened their doors, basically fucking many of their loyal clubs to weekly pumpings, but again it’s whats needed to further the game in this country. Now it’s the turn of the LL clubs to do the same, regardless of what happens above. It doesn’t matter what’s happened in the past, who wouldn’t come on board then and who said what, there’s something big happening beneath you and although some LL clubs must be shitting themselves right now,  in my opinion that’s what a pyramid is all about is it no. The LL should do their part, sooner rather than later and let’s get everyone where they should be 

Can’t really disagree with a lot of that Heed. WW are looking over their  shoulder as much as anyone but yes that’s what a pyramid is all about. Hopefully through time the WoS situation gets sorted, we can get the SPFL relegation sorted and get things shifting. 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Can’t really disagree with a lot of that Heed. WW are looking over their  shoulder as much as anyone but yes that’s what a pyramid is all about. Hopefully through time the WoS situation gets sorted, we can get the SPFL relegation sorted and get things shifting. 

It’s simple rab, look what’s left from last season, LTHV have in a sense fucked themselves up for promotion,  Preston are unlikely to see tier 5 again, the middle to bottom half are gonna get pumped tae f**k, but they still said aye in ye come, all welcome, that took balls that did. The LL need to show some. These juniors are at last here, some from doing their homework, some from the scales tipping but who cares, we now have in the east a chance at a proper structure and self interest shouldn’t be a part of it. Get the weak oot the LL and get the strong in,then let’s start getting the shite oot that 2nd division. 

25 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

It’s simple rab, look what’s left from last season, LTHV have in a sense fucked themselves up for promotion,  Preston are unlikely to see tier 5 again, the middle to bottom half are gonna get pumped tae f**k, but they still said aye in ye come, all welcome, that took balls that did.

The middle to bottom half were getting pumped last season, and would have been pumped again anyway (if Bonnyrigg replaced Kelty), so they might as well allow everyone in to limit the pumpings to just one more season.

My thoughts on all this are that while it would be nice to have more promotion/relegation for this season, I understand why the LL haven't, especially when there's not that many licensed EoS clubs. In 11 months time if all the conference winners are licensed and there's more waiting in the wings then I'd say winning the 2019/20 EoS Premier Division should be automatic promotion.

7 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

It’s simple rab, look what’s left from last season, LTHV have in a sense fucked themselves up for promotion,  Preston are unlikely to see tier 5 again, the middle to bottom half are gonna get pumped tae f**k, but they still said aye in ye come, all welcome, that took balls that did. The LL need to show some. These juniors are at last here, some from doing their homework, some from the scales tipping but who cares, we now have in the east a chance at a proper structure and self interest shouldn’t be a part of it. Get the weak oot the LL and get the strong in,then let’s start getting the shite oot that 2nd division. 

I’d rather see at least some (1!) of the weak defy the odds and stay in the LL for years Heed but yes you are right ... :D 

Unlike some I’ll no repeat my thoughts over and over but I think the LL are right to think carefully before conceding further relegation but through time of course it needs to happen. 

43 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I’d rather see at least some (1!) of the weak defy the odds and stay in the LL for years Heed but yes you are right ... :D 

Unlike some I’ll no repeat my thoughts over and over but I think the LL are right to think carefully before conceding further relegation but through time of course it needs to happen. 

LL have not made any concessions at all so far. You can't say you support a pyramid and fair promotion/relegation if you are against a fair relegation from the LL. It has to start somewhere and the LL would be the best place to start to ultimately get changes elsewhere (like SPFL) as well.

26 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Ye could nae be a wee bit more cryptic there rab :lol:

Theres also a certain team in that same league who ,shall we say a more senior representative keeps reminding me that in all their history they have NEVER been relegated. 

Unfortunately the reality of the modern game and the dramatic changes that have arisen recently this senior member is gonnae be in meltdown (Well a bit more than usual) when sadly that time comes.  :unsure2:

9 minutes ago, Marten said:

LL have not made any concessions at all so far. You can't say you support a pyramid and fair promotion/relegation is you are against a fair relegation from the LL. It has to start somewhere and the LL would be the best place to start to ultimately get changes elsewhere (like SPFL) as well.

Yeah so you keep saying.

It's interesting the west clubs are more involved on the board of the LL now. 

Let's see what changes  (if any) they come up wi.

24 minutes ago, Marten said:

LL have not made any concessions at all so far. You can't say you support a pyramid and fair promotion/relegation if you are against a fair relegation from the LL. It has to start somewhere and the LL would be the best place to start to ultimately get changes elsewhere (like SPFL) as well.

I’ve said my piece on all of that already so I won’t waste anyone’s time repeating myself ... :) 

8 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Will ye still keep me a seat at the dinner. :wub:

Bigger venue required now  :thumsup2

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Will ye still keep me a seat at the dinner. :wub:

Bigger venue required now  :thumsup2

Bring back the EoS Dinner ... if we can still come too we’ll swap you a relegation / promotion spot a night out involved now we are talking ... :D 

12 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

What risk ??? They all fucked off with no regard towards the Eos whatsoever, basically leaving them to rot. I can’t remember many complaining about it, the Eos cut their cloth accordingly and got on with it, because it was what was needed to forward Scottish football. Now the Eos have opened their doors, basically fucking many of their loyal clubs to weekly pumpings, but again it’s whats needed to further the game in this country. Now it’s the turn of the LL clubs to do the same, regardless of what happens above. It doesn’t matter what’s happened in the past, who wouldn’t come on board then and who said what, there’s something big happening beneath you and although some LL clubs must be shitting themselves right now,  in my opinion that’s what a pyramid is all about is it no. The LL should do their part, sooner rather than later and let’s get everyone where they should be 

12 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Nail on Heed!

4 hours ago, Marten said:

We are told the LL, EoS & SoS meet every month and I am sure it will be discussed, probably more than once as the season goes on..

We really have got to give them time to have their first meeting since the agm's and we will find out in due course what has been agreed between them.

24 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

We are told the LL, EoS & SoS meet every month and I am sure it will be discussed, probably more than once as the season goes on..

We really have got to give them time to have their first meeting since the agm's and we will find out in due course what has been agreed between them.

Don't you come in here and talk common sense. 

36 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

What I said was more criticism towards the people on here who said that the LL shouldn't (yet) move to more than 1 relegation spot, not towards the LL themselves. I still hope a fair promotion/relegation system gets agreed for next season. :)

6 minutes ago, Marten said:

What I said was more criticism towards the people on here who said that the LL shouldn't (yet) move to more than 1 relegation spot, not towards the LL themselves. I still hope a fair promotion/relegation system gets agreed for next season. :)

some of us back then even  tried to tell ye give  the new board a chance :whistle

22 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

some of us back then even  tried to tell ye give  the new board a chance :whistle

I am giving them a chance, as said: my criticism wasn't against them, more against people like Rab B Nesbit who is unreasonable in his views imo.

I dont think it will simply be up to the LL saying - here you are have an extra however many relegation spots.

From what i have gathered from comments made in the past, the 3 leagues do work together for the common benefit of their members.

I dont see that changing as we move forward into this brave new era !

28 minutes ago, Marten said:

I am giving them a chance, as said: my criticism wasn't against them, more against people like Rab B Nesbit who is unreasonable in his views imo.

I think you will find that the 'gentleman' in question has the reputation of being a wum who like a bit of fishing from time to time !!

Archived