Denzel Darku Deportation

Neil Bibby the Labour MSP for the West as Scotland raised this terrible situation at FMQ's.

Well Done Neil.

Denzel Darku is a student nurse here in Scotland, he has served in The Scottish Youth Parliament and carried the Commonwealth Games Baton.

The former Paisley Grammer School pupil came to Scotland nine years ago from Ghana but is now facing deportation as the Home Office  has said that he cannot prove he is dependent on his father who is a European citizen.

Denzel has had two appeals rejected and because of the Home Office appeals process he has been forced to drop out of his degree studies at Stirling Uni.

Denzel sees Scotland as his home and has no ties in Ghana.

As the First Minsister rose to answer Neil's question the chamber erupted into spontaneous applause from all parties EXCEPT for the TORY SCUM who all sat stone faced.

As FMQ's are tabled beforehand they knew that this question would arise and obviously had been told by their party not to respond, absolutely feckin shocking.

Nicola Sturgeon, to her credit, responded positively, and said she would do all in her power to stop the deportation.

On concluding she reminded the chamber that week after week Ruth Davidson demands answers to the state of the NHS yet here was a lad training to be a nurse who her party were throwing out of the country.

The Tory's as in all things are lower than a snake.s belly.

It’s this kind of response (from the Tories) that betrays any pretence that they’re a modern, caring party. No one with a shred of moral being joins the “send him home” brigade. Every last one of the c***s, with Cosplay as their master, is either openly or secretly in agreement with the very worst extremes of Toryism.

I watched FMQs live and it was utterly sickening, they way they sat there simply turns your stomach, didn't hear the send him home comment myself.

FMQs was a clusterf'ck for Ruth, and Nick simply handed her her arse, I read it was all glossed over on the Scottish news though and reported as the FM having to defend the Growth Report

14 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I watched FMQs live and it was utterly sickening, they way they sat there simply turns your stomach, didn't hear the send him home comment myself.

FMQs was a clusterf'ck for Ruth, and Nick simply handed her her arse, I read it was all glossed over on the Scottish news though and reported as the FM having to defend the Growth Report

That's par for the course,  apart from the BBC all print and television/radio media are privately owned and regardless of their claimed allegiances none of them apart from the Glasgow Herald and the National give the SNP fair coverage.

The BBC though funded by us does what the Government of the day tells them to adhere to, otherwise the director gets a no lube reaming arse tear.

3 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

What a load of utter lies. You not think a media outlet, such as the daily record, or the herald, or any other one that loves to stick the boot into the tories night not have mentioned it? You know, seen as their political reporters were actually there!

Not lies . I watched it on that day and the recording confirmed that it was said from the Conservative benches. I know my hearing is starting to go according to the wife but it did happen. As to the idea that those two papers would highlight it, let's agree to differ.  If I accept your argument that it did not happen then the silence from the Conservative benches would also back up how much in concert they are with Home office decision making over these cases. 

6 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

The case of this boy had been raised twice by Ruth Davidson.

I will indulge you for a second and pretend I believe you- Who said it then? How do you know it came from the Conservatives side? Because some crackpot on Facebook said so??

The shouts were “says it all” and “shame on you” because they never clapped the speech.

To believe there is some systemic, deliberate cover up at play just illustrates tin hat brigade paranoia.

You not think it’s is strange that the first minister or any leading SNP MSP hasn’t mentioned it or sought to make any political capital out of it? If you lot are so gullible over that then it’s no wonder you’ve all been taking in so easy with the call for separation....

As I watched it and the comment came from the right of the chamber I expect it was from the Conservative seats but I agree I have no idea who said it.  I agree the other shouts did happen but IMO they came after the other comment. It is true they never clapped the speech  and that is understandable as they are unlikely to differ from Home Office decision making. I wonder when Ruth raised this issue and can find no comments from her on it but you will be able to find it for me. Why would she raise it as he is not her constituent? I don't think there is a cover up and I only go on what I heard. 

Each to his own and one man's meat is another man's poison.

But for the life of me I will never understand why any right and moral thinking man and woman would support the tories, a party born and bred in the little englander home counties who still see themselves as a world power and yearn for the Empire days when many Scots laid down their lives in  battles to preserve Westminster profits. The little englanders who despised being subject to laws and rules made in another country to the extent they created Brexit, and yet we as Scots were subjected to 300 years of  being subjected to laws and rules thrust upon us from another country.

A tory party who will spend £31 billion, (plus another £10 billion set aside for under estimates), on a new nuclear missile system and submarines to match while our NHS is almost at the point of collapse, it is no secret that the tories are keen to replace the NHS with private medical companies, Ruth Davidson has alteady advocated to abolish free prescription for instance.

And by the way what the tories are not making wholly public is that the british military will not be allowed to service the guidance systems of the new missiles as part of the deal is that the guidance systems will be serviced on the east coast of the USA by American personnel, the British will only service the warheads in Berkshire, some feckin deal eh?

On Immigration - The Scotland I was born into  many years ago and grew up in is very different these days, with a dwindling population we urgently require new people. Here in the Highlands  there are whole areas which were devastated when families were forcibly de-populated to make way for sheep by the rich tories of their day, ruins of villages and crofts are all over the hillsides and the people lost forever to our countryand shipped over to the Carolinas and Canada, it would be a plus to see some of these areas re-vitalised by immigrants.

Fast Forward over two hundred years and the same devastation continues in hundreds of central belt areas, including Airdrie, where tory austerity policies are being forced on ordinary folks and thousands of  families  depend on FOOD BANKS to provide some nourishment for their children, and don't forget that bedroom tax farce and many other policies which affect you and I and NEVER EVER THE RICH TORIES.

I do not knock wealth only where it is unfairly distributed as it is under the Tories and where has Scotland benefitted from any Tory Government.

Archived