West Super Saturday

Redbrae

43 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

According to Wiki it was the 2010 Ayrshire Cup.

Almost a decade of winning nothing.

Still at least the players kiss the badge a lot 

Wiki is wrong then ;-)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this the same Paul Burns that played over 300 games in the top two divisions in Scottish football, played in Scottish and Challenge cup finals and was part of a QOS side that won the Second division by an incredible 25 points?
Wow. That's some achievement [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

7 minutes ago, Talbot 78 said:

Wow. That's some achievement emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Misses out the word lost when taking about Scottish and Challenge Cup finals.  Add that to losing the WOS Final to Pollok and the Ayrshire Cup final to Talbot where his thuggery got him red carded. Guy is a serial loser

Misses out the word lost when taking about Scottish and Challenge Cup finals.  Add that to losing the WOS Final to Pollok and the Ayrshire Cup final to Talbot where his thuggery got him red carded. Guy is a serial loser

Not one Talbot player has had a footballing career even remotely close to that of Paul Burns.

For what it’s worth I think Paul Burns is a fine player and I’m sure most teams would love to have him.
Beith should have won the league last year and didn’t due to a number of factors and of course Glenafton persevered to claim it and they did the same this and hung in when it seemed beyond them. Good squad who work hard for each other.

50 minutes ago, Nock Nock said:

Not one Talbot player has had a footballing career even remotely close to that of Paul Burns.

Don't disagree with that but with his experience he should know better than to act like a Poundland Joey Barton.

The fact remains yesterday is and will remain the highlight of his Junior career instead of actually winning anything with Cumnock.

There have been Cumnock players in the past who Talbot fans loved to hate like big "kick the cup" but at least these guys could bring success to Cumnock. Burns is just part of the worst Cumnock team for decades

58 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Probably the first game some of them have been to all season :rolleyes:

You cannot jump to judgement like that. In fact, all boys in the clubhouse are followers of Cumnock and were genuinely buzzing to see their team stopping their rivals from winning the league. You are just thinking of excuses to slate Cumnock now. Fact is, Cumnock stopped Talbot winning the league and fans (and players) were buzzing that they did! If Talbot were in that situation, it would have been exactly the same!

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I shouldn’t say this but that photo of the Cumnock clubhouse made me laugh. Look at the boys at the window.

Again, let them have their moment. I think we can let this one slide.

I very much doubt letting it slide is on the agenda. They just need to use it in the right way. 

If Tucker has to make a team talk for the next Talbot v Cumnock game there's something far wrong because the players should be absolutely ganting for it!

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I shouldn’t say this but that photo of the Cumnock clubhouse made me laugh. Look at the boys at the window.

Again, let them have their moment. I think we can let this one slide.

It's all just a bit of fun and with Saturday and last Sundays dramatic talbot win proves how entertaining the juniors really is. 

13 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I very much doubt letting it slide is on the agenda. They just need to use it in the right way. 

If Tucker has to make a team talk for the next Talbot v Cumnock game there's something far wrong because the players should be absolutely ganting for it!

Same way our players were on Saturday after the p1sh your players were writing all over Twitter!

5 minutes ago, CC1987 said:

Same way our players were on Saturday after the p1sh your players were writing all over Twitter!

I think it's fair to say Saturday upped the ante somewhat, and I'm all for it.

A wee bit of needle is the lifeblood of any derby match. 

3 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I think it's fair to say Saturday upped the ante somewhat, and I'm all for it.

A wee bit of needle is the lifeblood of any derby match. 

It works both ways mate but you can only see it from your end! I'm all for the banter from both sides but got to learn to take it if you dish it out, simple!

2 minutes ago, CC1987 said:

It works both ways mate but you can only see it from your end! I'm all for the banter from both sides but got to learn to take it if you dish it out, simple!

If you're referring to me personally then I'm not sure what else I can add to convince you that I found Saturday to be a welcome return to meaningful derby matches and I've been more than supportive of Cumnock's right to exercise their GIRUY privileges, as have quite a number of Talbot fans. That's as good as you're going to get! 

Doesn't mean we shouldn't be thinking about the next installment. 

I don't think he was deliberately running to celebrate there because Talbot fans were at that end. More like because he was at that side of the penalty box when he scored.

I was always lead to believe the penalty spot was in the middle of the box[emoji15]

Archived