West Super Saturday

Redbrae

You're getting mixed up pal. The equaliser he was talking about was Beith's last minute goal at Pollok earlier in the season. A Pollok fan said earlier it was crucial.
And if your aunty had a pair of baws she'd be your uncle. End off the day they won we never. Yes sore 1 to take bit we won the Scottish last week ffs. Let's all move on

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If cumnock or ourselves could ever win a title at beechwood and Talbot stopped that, would Talbot fans not celebrate avoiding that? 
Yes. We'd do exactly what Cumnock did yesterday. That's football.

Well, if nothing else, this game has suddenly sparked to life a bit of "feeling" between the teams and the fans. It's been missing for donkey's years now, so hopefuly this might just kickstart the Cumnock vs Talbot derbies as something to really look forward to again.

5 minutes ago, TFW said:

Well, if nothing else, this game has suddenly sparked to life a bit of "feeling" between the teams and the fans. It's been missing for donkey's years now, so hopefuly this might just kickstart the Cumnock vs Talbot derbies as something to really look forward to again.

Certainly won't do it any harm that's for sure.  Are you boys still in the west Cup? 

As a Beith fan yesterday I went through every emotion possible. Before the games kicked off I was slightly confident that Cumnock could possibly do us a favour, but again I was thinking to my self its Talbot they are playing and they would get the job done. I had no doubts that Beith would do their part and win. As the games progressed and Beith were comfortable and with Talbot up 2-0, at that point I felt that was it and we would have to play the Bridesmaid for this year.  The crowd at Bellsdale fell silent as this news filtered through....but when Cumnock got their 1st  , the volume then increased inside Bellsdale  and when news filtered through that it was 2-2 the roof almost blew off the shed at Bellsdale. There was still around 20 mins to go or so at this point , again the excitement was building.... everyone in someway was glued to twitter or text messages waiting for any more news.... Beith game finished... at this point no one knew what to do players and fans a like as the other game was still on going, Bellsdale again fell silent for a full 5 mins waiting for f/t from Townhead park, this I have to say was the most surreal 5 mins as it was if time stood still, im still convinced my watch was going backwards :) f/t at Cumnock.... cue bedlam :)  

What a day and what a way to finish the league season.  Still lots to play for West, Ayrshire and Times cup still up for grabs, gooing to be a very short close season. :)

6 minutes ago, stumpy said:

As a Beith fan yesterday I went through every emotion possible. Before the games kicked off I was slightly confident that Cumnock could possibly do us a favour, but again I was thinking to my self its Talbot they are playing and they would get the job done. I had no doubts that Beith would do their part and win. As the games progressed and Beith were comfortable and with Talbot up 2-0, at that point I felt that was it and we would have to play the Bridesmaid for this year.  The crowd at Bellsdale fell silent as this news filtered through....but when Cumnock got their 1st  , the volume then increased inside Bellsdale  and when news filtered through that it was 2-2 the roof almost blew off the shed at Bellsdale. There was still around 20 mins to go or so at this point , again the excitement was building.... everyone in someway was glued to twitter or text messages waiting for any more news.... Beith game finished... at this point no one knew what to do players and fans a like as the other game was still on going, Bellsdale again fell silent for a full 5 mins waiting for f/t from Townhead park, this I have to say was the most surreal 5 mins as it was if time stood still, im still convinced my watch was going backwards :) f/t at Cumnock.... cue bedlam :)  

What a day and what a way to finish the league season.  Still lots to play for West, Ayrshire and Times cup still up for grabs, gooing to be a very short close season. :)

this stuff is 100% what football is all about for me. the World basically stops turning for a few minutes and there's only one thing that matters. Brilliant drama. 

1 hour ago, BC63 said:
11 hours ago, TheAftonArmyBear said:
If cumnock or ourselves could ever win a title at beechwood and Talbot stopped that, would Talbot fans not celebrate avoiding that? 

Yes. We'd do exactly what Cumnock did yesterday. That's football.

Finally someone with a sense of realism!  Same way we would never have been allowed to forget it if you had won the league on our patch.

Cumnock v Talbot West Final would be tasty :-)

wonder if anyone from cumnock gave the fat bloke from talbot
2 fingers from both hands ( u reap what u sow )
Well said that man i couldn't agree more. We have sowed quite a few trophies over the years. How's cumnock doing?

1 hour ago, TFW said:

Have no doubt you will get your wish For the first time in donkeys years  Cumnock seem to have a really good manager in charge It was a  different team that turned up at Beith 6 weeks a go to the one that we put 6 past them at Townhead in October Probably did them a huge favour that day

11 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

May have stopped us winning the league but we’ve won the Scottish and signed cumnock’s  best player:)

Have you? Did you happen to catch him celebrating yesterday...

12 minutes ago, CC1987 said:

Have you? Did you happen to catch him celebrating yesterday...

Yes I did like the rest of the team celebrating a draw.. as I said months ago the deals done he will be at Talbot next year winning some of that lyles won:P

2 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

Yes I did like the rest of the team celebrating a draw.. as I said months ago the deals done he will be at Talbot next year winning some of that lyles won:P

Celebrating a draw, haha!!! That patter is hoachin'

26 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

What cumnock player is Talbot signing?

27 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

What cumnock player is Talbot signing?

Samson done deal months ago. Let them have their moment the now as they should be focusing on getting players as many have jumped ship already , well done on finishing in the bottom 4 some achievement :whistle

Archived