West Super Saturday

Redbrae

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well done to Beith, Talbot had one poor result too many to win the league
Quite a coincidence that the internet seems to have finally reached Cumnock today.
As for Burns, today will be his most successful as a junior player. Pity he won't ever enjoy the feeling of winning anything of note and his only memory is celebrating a 2-2 draw.

I'm sure in his career he's had more enjoyable football memories than he had today. You lot seem to be obsessed with him.

1 hour ago, southerner said:

Imagine supporting a team where success is defined as stopping big teams win honours. I remember the days when Cumnock were challenging at the top, now the players long for a draw against Talbot to celebrate in front on Talbot fans and ignore your fans who pay good money to watch their team

Poor comment my man,any team that stops there rivals winning the league on there turf will celebrate as if they won the champs league,doesnae matter if cjfc-atfc klfc-bjfc or even the seniors,if you stop your rivals winning league on your turf you celebrate for weeks lol

2 minutes ago, Nock10 said:

I'm sure in his career he's had more enjoyable football memories than he had today. You lot seem to be obsessed with him.

Name me one in a Cumnock jersey.

My favourite memory of him is when he scored in the last minute of the WOS Final against Pollok to think he had finally won Cumnock the trophy they can't win only for Pollok to go up the park and equalise and then win on pens. I could watch that all day on youtube. His wee face is priceless. Serial loser

My favourite memory of him is when he scored in the last minute of the WOS Final against Pollok to think he had finally won Cumnock the trophy they can't win only for Pollok to go up the park and equalise and then win on pens. I could watch that all day on youtube. His wee face is priceless. Serial loser

Today

33 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

As for Burns, today will be his most successful as a junior player. Pity he won't ever enjoy the feeling of winning anything of note and his only memory is celebrating a 2-2 draw.

15 minutes ago, Nock10 said:

9 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

8 minutes ago, Nock10 said:

Today

You do realise you have proved my point. 

Hmmmm [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] i don't think he has. You'll need to enlighten everyone on his major honours

Ill sign off on this thread with congratulations to Beith worthy winners, our consistent adversaries over the past 10 years. Cheered you guys on when you won the Scottish against Pollok. So overall sad to lose the league but its the best way to win it, but am sure we'll get another chance.

EPPP

Well we have new worthy champions in Beith [emoji122], the rest of us will now dust ourselves down and get ready for the challenges of next season. Personally I was disappointed in Aftons run of results which left us 7th in the table and 15 points behind the champions.

Have a well deserved summer break one and all.

9 hours ago, superpollok said:

Can’t believe Talbot lost the league today from 2-0 up. I am sure both Cumnock and Talbot fans were wishing each other well at the end of the game.

Congrats Beith, the last minute equaliser at Newlandsfield meant more than I thought it would.

That last minute equaliser did not make the slightest difference to Beith winning the league  Thanks to Cumnock for helping us out and to the Auchinleck fans for there kind comments

Reading all this pish about Burns, Tucker would take him in a heart beat,Shankland is the only fitba player in that Talbot team, it’s aw long baw, play in the final third & score goals with headers, I get it, it works, but Christ they are stealing £6 to watch that

Trying to stand back after a wee night out south side what a great resolute performance by Beith.They never ever gave up as was exemplified against us at Newlandsfiekd and didn’t that last minute goal pay dividends!

Its a  great league but Auchinleck’s industrial dominance of the Cup is truly stunning.It just is beyond compare.And today they were so close to the league again-but the challenges of the league took those elusive points.

Great powerful sides both and I am sure that most Lok fans of any decency will applaud you both.The West certainly is the area of quality and standards in the juniors and has been for many years.Who knows now what all of these reconstruction moves will do-apart from further confuse and fragment!-but as a Lok diehard I salute the Ayrshire duo of Auchinleck and Beith tonight.Well done on winning the two biggest prizes in Junior football!

Brilliant season! Well done to Beith! If you give away silly goals you don’t win things was today’s lesson. but 4 months ago we were out the race so to take it to the last day after a fixture pile up is no sa bad. Hopefully next year :thumsup2

We????? Just remember u were a hurlford supporter a couple of year back you rocket

Archived