Best chip shop

NJ2

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silvery tay menzieshill dundee is good. Was meant to be going to the CHIPPER ????in anstruther last week but didn’t go. Heard it’s hard to beat it for a fish supper

The chippers are what I miss most about Scotland. There just isn't the same variety of deep fried shaped "meat" products in my locality and very few places will deep fry a pie, let alone a pizza. The fish here is always cod, which is obviously wrong and only about 1 in 30 places does a pickled egg.

If anybody wants to post a king rib supper to me i'd be very grateful.

Silvery tay menzieshill dundee is good. Was meant to be going to the CHIPPER ????in anstruther last week but didn’t go. Heard it’s hard to beat it for a fish supper

Agreed Silvery Tay is probably the best chipper in Dundee. I’ve heard good things about the TailEnd but not tried it yet.
The popular one in Anstruther is really good but you often have to wait 45min - 1hr in a queue. Hellish if you are starving (figuratively not literally).

Agreed Silvery Tay is probably the best chipper in Dundee. I’ve heard good things about the TailEnd but not tried it yet.
The popular one in Anstruther is really good but you often have to wait 45min - 1hr in a queue. Hellish if you are starving (figuratively not literally).

Heard tail end is good as well. Pepos in Arbroath is my favourite though.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

The chippers are what I miss most about Scotland. There just isn't the same variety of deep fried shaped "meat" products in my locality and very few places will deep fry a pie, let alone a pizza. The fish here is always cod, which is obviously wrong and only about 1 in 30 places does a pickled egg.

If anybody wants to post a king rib supper to me i'd be very grateful.

Here you go. Pickled eggs can get to f**k though.

3FB6BEE1-5146-4D0B-9870-B47C9335D4C2.jpeg.67b1cd96c7851c507adae53125598af1.jpeg

Agreed with my Missus when she rated the fish supper from Craigie Cross chippy in Perth better than the one from the famous Anstruther chippy back in 2015.

Not sure if that's still the case though as I believe the Craigie Cross chippy has changed hands in recent years.

Can someone send me a King Rib supper too please?

The word 'chipper' is used by the ones that the ones for the watching watch out for.............

The Hilton Fish Bar has always been my mainstay in Aberdeen. It shut for a while due to some unpaid tax or the like but has re-opened and still does a fabulous fish supper.

The fact that Edinburgh serves up your chips in Kwik Save brown sauce should bar them from any culinary opinion, ever.
You eat mushroom suppers, therefore your opinion is invalid. Don't let the door hit arse on the way out.

11 minutes ago, philpy said:
17 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
The fact that Edinburgh serves up your chips in Kwik Save brown sauce should bar them from any culinary opinion, ever.

You eat mushroom suppers tempura with chips, therefore your opinion is invalid. Don't let the door hit arse on the way out.

FTFY (version 1).

10 minutes ago, philpy said:
17 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

You eat mushroom suppers pakora with chips, therefore your opinion is invalid. Don't let the door hit arse on the way out.

FTFY (version 2).

Archived