Best chip shop

NJ2

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edinburgh is 80% English b*****ds and 20% junkies so probably know nothing about good chips.

For the chipper crew - do you call it a chipper supper?

Chipper is up there with granda in the tedi standings.

After living here for about 7 or 8 years I've yet to find an Edinburgh chippy fit to lace the boots of the decent Fife ones. Great chips aplenty. Top notch pizza suppers too but not so great with the fish. Everywhere seems content to use quite manky oil. 

After living here for about 7 or 8 years I've yet to find an Edinburgh chippy fit to lace the boots of the decent Fife ones. Great chips aplenty. Top notch pizza suppers too but not so great with the fish. Everywhere seems content to use quite manky oil. 
Jubilee down Granton if you've not tried it

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Take a quick dash across the bypass to Dalkeith. Francos across from the Kebab Mahal is well worth it. Fish and batter are top notch.

1 minute ago, Heart of Northern said:
4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Jubilee down Granton if you've not tried it

Might as well just go to Fife! Thanks though, will investigate when passing that way. 

1 minute ago, thistledo said:

I'm definitely gonnae go mate. At some point. I'm also going to hunt you down when i'm next in Dingwall, are you a Mallard, National or Caledonian man? 

I don't tend to drink in Dingwall to be honest, moreso Inverness.

7 hours ago, gkneil said:

The word 'chipper' is used by the ones that the ones for the watching watch out for.............

The Hilton Fish Bar has always been my mainstay in Aberdeen. It shut for a while due to some unpaid tax or the like but has re-opened and still does a fabulous fish supper.

It must have improved since I lived along the road from it from 2009-2012. 

L'Alba D'oro is the best I've been to in Edinburgh. I've got a soft spot for Francos, though.

Archived