Best chip shop

NJ2

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It’s a chipper. f**k the haters
Ive only ever dished out around 3 or 4 reds in my time here... but you have a red coming if i remember once i get to my laptop.
Chippy.
Chipper is for people from Southern Ireland.
Am i allowed to say ... go back where you belong?

38 minutes ago, Karpaty said:

Blue Lagoon in Gordon Street is good I heard. 

I walk past it early in the morning, It seems that tradition dictates you buy the stuff they sell, then tip it on to the pavement outside Central Station.

Making the pavement like a fucking ice rink with greasy squashed chips.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Chippy sounds lame as f**k.

Chipper is the correct term.

You call a roundabout a circle so you can f**k right off. 

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, Heart of Northern said:

Not looked at the list but Javits and the Jubilee are both a 5 minutes walk away and are both really good.
It's a chippie in Edinburgh obviously.
And no salt on the fish as it fucks the batter.
Salt n vinegar on the chips with a puddle of brown sauce in the corner for dipping.

The Jubilee on West Granton Road was the best chippie in the world. ANY supper was outstanding with no left over/recooked from last night/dinnertime shite ever served. 

3 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I know I'm cheering on the Aussies, and may expect it in downtown Brisbane, but do people in Scotland genuinely call the Chippy a 'Chipper?'

Strewth.

Only beasts and utterly reprehensible scum do. 

The Tail end is a quality chippy. My local, Giovannis is also pretty good and has won numerous awards.

Outside of Edinburgh, always remember the chippy in Pitenweem being excellent. Not been for a few years mind. Hands down the best fish and chips I've ever had were from a small place right on the prom at Largs last year.

7 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The Tail end is a quality chippy. My local, Giovannis is also pretty good and has won numerous awards.

Outside of Edinburgh, always remember the chippy in Pitenweem being excellent. Not been for a few years mind. Hands down the best fish and chips I've ever had were from a small place right on the prom at Largs last year.

Tail end was the one we used shut a month or 2 ago. 

The fish works on largs prom, relatively new but really good

20 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:
48 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The fish works on largs prom, relatively new but really good

Aye that's the one. Fucking outstanding.

Two Dutch folk started a chip shop in Clerk Street, across from the Queen's Hall. The batter was light and crispy, the chips were great. The only problem was they cooked everything from scratch so you had to wait a wee while to get your chips. This wasn't good enough for the ignorant drunks who frequented the shop and it eventually closed after facing competition from an inferior chip shop just up the road. A great pity as they were the best suppers I've ever had in my life. 

Archived