Best chip shop

NJ2

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Sure it'll have been mentioned multiple times, but The Bay in Stonehaven is absolutely sensational. 

Edinburgh has utterly shite chippies IMO. If The Bay opened up down here they would make an absolute fortune. 

Bar-B-que. Glasgow Rd, Corstorphine.

Thank you. 

I’m here all week, try the fish!

Tobys is decent enough. My parents moved up there last year, they went to the fish hoose once I think, but didnt think it was anything special.
I went once when it opened and on the board was the name of the fishing boat that they had bought there fish from proclaiming it "landed fresh today" only small problem was it was my nephews boat and he landed on the tuesday this was friday [emoji23]

All the chippies within walking distance of Haymarket are utter shite. There's one in Roseburn that's alright and the Gorgie Fish Bar and Fountainbridge Fry are serviceable but the delivery or walking time means it's all a bit soggy by the time you get it home. Fish suppers need to be consumed almost immediately.

The Bay in Stonehaven is fucking excellent. Before the lonley planet entry there was always queues out the door so I imagine it will be crazy queues now. A local tried to convince me the chippy in Gourdon was just as good but it wasn't.

The Bay in Stonehaven is fucking excellent. Before the lonley planet entry there was always queues out the door so I imagine it will be crazy queues now. A local tried to convince me the chippy in Gourdon was just as good but it wasn't.
I haven't been to either for quite a while but I always preferred the Quayside in Gourdon. Might take a trip up at the weekend and try both to see if I've changed my mind.

I haven't been to either for quite a while but I always preferred the Quayside in Gourdon. Might take a trip up at the weekend and try both to see if I've changed my mind.
Don't get me wrong it was a nice fish supper at the quayside but felt the batter was a little greasy.

12 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I wouldn't trust that guys opinion

"In Glasgow, a fish supper worth its salt and vinegar must pass the Jack McPhee and Blue Lagoon test, these being the midnight fish emporiums of choice for the city’s demi-monde."

the Blue Lagoon, the BLUE LAGOON!!! And he can't tell the difference between Haddock and Cod, he had to amend the article,.

56 minutes ago, Tommy Nooka said:

"In Glasgow, a fish supper worth its salt and vinegar must pass the Jack McPhee and Blue Lagoon test, these being the midnight fish emporiums of choice for the city’s demi-monde."

the Blue Lagoon, the BLUE LAGOON!!! And he can't tell the difference between Haddock and Cod, he had to amend the article,.

That guy has never been in a chippy in his life before.

He's clearly just googled "chippies in Glasgow" to get some names for his shite article.

1 hour ago, Tommy Nooka said:

By pass, does he mean "taste absolutely nothing like a fish supper from these hellholes"?

Like many Glaswegians I never require to be asked twice when a fish supper is being offered, and a trip north to Stonehaven to sample one on a rocky northern shore seemed like the perfect Saturday.

He should amend this to:

Like many Glaswegians I never require to be asked twice when a fish supper is being offered, and a trip to Stonehaven to sample one on a rocky northern shore gave me a nose bleed as Ive never been north of Milngavie.

ETA: Plus its on the, at a guess east south east facing shore, not a northern shore.  Fucking weegie Grauniad imbecile.

Archived