18/19 Kit Thread

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

Apparently Mo wearing same kit as last year but with no champions stitching round the badge. Really disappointing :(

I can see why you would be disappointed and some might say they're missing a trick commercially, but isn't it refreshing to see a club not desperate to fleece its fans at every opportunity? 

3 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I can see why you would be disappointed and some might say they're missing a trick commercially, but isn't it refreshing to see a club not desperate to fleece its fans at every opportunity? 

Its the first chance the club have had to fleece us in this manner for 33 years! I think they would get a pass! :D

3 hours ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

Its the first chance the club have had to fleece us in this manner for 33 years! I think they would get a pass! :D

Montrose must be doing alright financially - speaking to a Rovers fan earlier today who was at your dinner in the Apex in Dundee recently and after plying him with drink (no encouragement needed) managed to gently persuade him to shell out the thick end of five hundred quid's worth of hospitality for our game up there in December. 

Is it really 33 years ago since you last won a league title? I remember Montrose coming to Starks Park on the last day of that season - we'd been abysmal for most of it, but were going for a club record ten league wins in a row. The 3-1 pasting you gave us was softened by the fact that your win and Alloa's kept the Pars down. 

On 1 July 2018 at 17:01, the snudge said:

Why did Forfar play in green in the 60s?

It was the late 50s, my old man told me they got that set of strips for free. When they played Rangers in them there was a lot of trouble in the crowd and in town later due to the visitors assuming we were all Catholic.

We played in green and white again, our second strip (before all this separate home and away strip nonsense) during Tommy Campbell's reign in the early 90s.

On 7/1/2018 at 07:33, Specky Ginger said:

And that's exactly why they did it. The fan base grew so much last season both for home games and particularly away games latterly. With many replica shirts sold towards the end of the season, to youngsters as well (and with a lot of stock left!), it was more sensible to back those fans and stick with the shirt designs. Anyway home and away shirts were great. Missed a commercial opportunity maybe? I don't think so - I think they have taken a positive step in support of the local community and that itself will pay dividends. Only problem might be if we have a crap season on the pitch - not much action on the transfer in front yet ...... hmmmm.

2 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

And that's exactly why they did it. The fan base grew so much last season both for home games and particularly away games latterly. With many replica shirts sold towards the end of the season, to youngsters as well (and with a lot of stock left!), it was more sensible to back those fans and stick with the shirt designs. Anyway home and away shirts were great. Missed a commercial opportunity maybe? I don't think so - I think they have taken a positive step in support of the local community and that itself will pay dividends. Only problem might be if we have a crap season on the pitch - not much action on the transfer in front yet ...... hmmmm.

I suppose it is a better deal for the loyal fans. It's just that having waited 33 years for a title I would have liked a souvenir champions kit as a memento of a great season, maybe even a limited edition third kit.

2 hours ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

I suppose it is a better deal for the loyal fans. It's just that having waited 33 years for a title I would have liked a souvenir champions kit as a memento of a great season, maybe even a limited edition third kit.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Was a close call I guess but the club have a 'Champions' scarf on sale and last Saturday at the Peterhead 'friendly' there was a special 'champions' enamel club badge on sale. £4 a bit steep but then we only issue such a thing once every 33 years.

Archived