The Next Livingston Manager

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, MrDust said:

Anyone outside livvy eyes can see its rudderless now Hopkin is away.

Rookie manager or a needy manager who hasn't worked for a while will get the job now, its not an attractive job

It's a hell of a lot more attractive than trying to make up for your shambles of a season last year. Average looking squad, low on momentum/morale, high expectations from dissatisfied supporters raging that they just lost one of their best players to the Amber Machine... Good luck Hartley, or whoever it might should things start to unfold as they did last year.

Despite that fact that we're now in the top flight (I'll never get tired of saying that), the fans' expectations are still minimal. If we come back down immediately having used the season to reduce our debt and put the club in a more stable long-term financial position, I would regard that as a success. 

49 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:

It's a hell of a lot more attractive than trying to make up for your shambles of a season last year. Average looking squad, low on momentum/morale, high expectations from dissatisfied supporters raging that they just lost one of their best players to the Amber Machine... Good luck Hartley, or whoever it might should things start to unfold as they did last year.

Despite that fact that we're now in the top flight (I'll never get tired of saying that), the fans' expectations are still minimal. If we come back down immediately having used the season to reduce our debt and put the club in a more stable long-term financial position, I would regard that as a success. 

Sibbald hasnt consistently kicked a ball for a whole season since 2014/15 season, had half a good season 2016/17 and contributed to about 4 or 5 of our games last season which is why he ended up at Livvy. He has watched as players with lesser skill have left to go down south for £s for the club and themselves probably due to the fact of his weaknesses overall of no pace, consistency and his size will let him down with him having no pace. 

I'll watch on from afar on Sibbald like I do with a lot of ex bairns but my opinion post 2014/15 season is that bottom 6 team in the top league in Scotland is his ceiling to how far he will go and as far as our best player goes, 2014/15 perhaps but not since then for me.

I'm also not looking to hide from our shambles of a season either but in a post re Livvy manager, I decided to post re the subject matter, this isnt in the rules but is the general rule of thumb or otherwise you are just scrambling for references to hide from the truth of it all.

24 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Sibbald hasnt consistently kicked a ball for a whole season since 2014/15 season, had half a good season 2016/17 and contributed to about 4 or 5 of our games last season which is why he ended up at Livvy. He has watched as players with lesser skill have left to go down south for £s for the club and themselves probably due to the fact of his weaknesses overall of no pace, consistency and his size will let him down with him having no pace. 

I'll watch on from afar on Sibbald like I do with a lot of ex bairns but my opinion post 2014/15 season is that bottom 6 team in the top league in Scotland is his ceiling to how far he will go and as far as our best player goes, 2014/15 perhaps but not since then for me.

I'm also not looking to hide from our shambles of a season either but in a post re Livvy manager, I decided to post re the subject matter, this isnt in the rules but is the general rule of thumb or otherwise you are just scrambling for references to hide from the truth of it all.

My point was that, relatively speaking, it's really not that unattractive a job. I used  Hartley's situation at Falkirk to illustrate that through comparison. You are obviously just desperate to make out like things are going down the pan for us when they very much aren't. I reckon Sibbald's transfer has something to do with it, whether you rate him or not. 

2 hours ago, hoobahabba said:

My point was that, relatively speaking, it's really not that unattractive a job. I used  Hartley's situation at Falkirk to illustrate that through comparison. You are obviously just desperate to make out like things are going down the pan for us when they very much aren't. I reckon Sibbald's transfer has something to do with it, whether you rate him or not. 

Time will tell if it is an attractive job or not, my opinion is that it will be a rookie or a manager who is desperate for job having been out the game for some time as I personally cant see any upward projection after the last two seasons and they will be on a hiding to nothing because of that.

Hartley, Falkirk and Sibbald have heehaw today with the next Livvy manager, still bewildered why you are still even factoring that into it, still feel free to clutch at any straws possible and feel free when the appointment is made if it isnt a roookie or a manager out of a job and desperate to come back and say I told you so and I wont comeback with a side issue which has nothing to do with it.

P.s have you seen the price of petrol in Zimbabwe

18 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Time will tell if it is an attractive job or not, my opinion is that it will be a rookie or a manager who is desperate for job having been out the game for some time as I personally cant see any upward projection after the last two seasons and they will be on a hiding to nothing because of that.

Hartley, Falkirk and Sibbald have heehaw today with the next Livvy manager, still bewildered why you are still even factoring that into it, still feel free to clutch at any straws possible and feel free when the appointment is made if it isnt a roookie or a manager out of a job and desperate to come back and say I told you so and I wont comeback with a side issue which has nothing to do with it.

P.s have you seen the price of petrol in Zimbabwe

I don’t really see how this is news to anyone, our own director said so on the tv just the other night, so it’s hardly a secret that we are looking for someone who will be willing to work with the backroom staff that are already here so the likelyhood of it being someone experienced is pretty low and it’s more likely to be someone starting out with a bit of ambition or a manager willing to work with what’s here already. 

When we appointed Hopkin he had no managerial experience to note, that worked out ok. 

All the bookies shortening the odds on Hartson as the next manager, knows the club, knows the style, has contacts, but can he manage at this level for his first job.

I will get behind whoever gets the job, but this worries me slightly, but then again the expectation for next season are not high, anyone who keeps this club in the top division is a success.

He would have my seal of approval. 

• Knows the system and the players 
  • Seems to have a good relationship with the players
  • I think he talks very well and has a good knowledge of the game
  • Good connections in the game
  • Played at high very level. I think his experience might help us retain some of the players looking to eventually get to a bigger club
  • The guy is a fighter - how he overcame his struggles is evidence enough of that

Could go horribly wrong though lol

Hartson I’m really not convinced will be interested, is he not still having financial problems ? 

There is no way we are gonna pay anywhere near as much as what he’ll be getting for his punditry work. 

Kenny Miller is also an interesting one, im not convinced he’d be a good appointment either but I can see value in it. 

For me the fella Gregg Ryder is by far and away the one that intrigued me the most, I’m sure by the end of this week there will be someone in place.

Lee McCulloch is a good guy but I don’t think he is what you need at this time . He could spot a player alright but he lost the job at Killie as his management of the players was lacking and by his own admission didn’t know how handle or alter certain situations . He may have learned since then and prove me wrong but IMO Livi need someone different 

Hopefully Martindale picked up enough from Hoppy to help Hartson out if he takes the job, would prob be the one that caused the least disruption to the team, with him having coached at Livi last season and knowing the players, but an unknown quantity with him having no managerial  experience.

Archived