Championship Grudge Match

13 hours ago, Piracy said:

I'll be in Majorca this time tomorrow most probably tipping back Cocktails whilst regaling the locals with tales of the mighty Pars.

Unable to stop being an annoying gimp even when on holiday.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

At least having Ayr and Alloa around will make Falkirk feel less self conscious about just having three stands. 

Nice try but I doubt it.  

Somerset Park is probably one of the best grounds in Scotland based on it being a 'proper' old-style football ground. Always a good atmosphere and a bit of character and charm. Something that places like Cappielow, Love Street, East End Park (Main stand and North Stand) and even Brockville had, but the Falkirk Stadium will never have. That and all of the previous have/had fans on all four sides, unlike that soulless abortion that the croudw*nkers now call home.

21 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I think both teams need to give a shit for the game to be a grudge match. Otherwise, it just looks needy.

Both teams?  We won't have one then.

An away day to Ayr is one of life's pleasures.  Pleasantries all round when the Glasgow train arrives 12 mins late.  

On 31/05/2018 at 11:06, jagfox99 said:

Is there an actual 'derby day' set of fixtures in this league?

If so we'll probably get pumped with Greenock's finest.

I forgot about you lot being down for a min.  Shame there no St Mirren also, easy trip for the fans and good day out (in pub)

33 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

You been on the Freddie Daquiris already? 

Bacardis on the flight at 07.30am this morning. Necked few beers and Mojitos. Snooze fir an hour then Bronze Bar.

11 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Bacardis on the flight at 07.30am this morning. Necked few beers and Mojitos. Snooze fir an hour then Bronze Bar.

That’s beautiful! Will be over that way next month (though tucked away in a quiet spot on the other side of the island). 

Spent many a happy night being launched out of BCM’s.

2 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

A stick on to score against us. Whether we get ignored or a GIRFUY remains to be seen.

It'll be a pleasant change to have a player capable of scoring from set piece situations. I think we had one league goal from our merry band of central defenders last year.

21 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

It'll be a pleasant change to have a player capable of scoring from set piece situations. I think we had one league goal from our merry band of central defenders last year.

Conversely, without a fit Forbes to place it into his head, he struggled to score last season.

Out set pieces - corners in particular - were really awful last season. First defender saw most of them.

On 31/05/2018 at 10:23, Shandon Par said:

Pars v Ayr will be like the Royal Wedding. Welcome back Andy Geggan xxxx

Prince Jackson Longridge too :wub:

On 01/06/2018 at 10:07, Grangemouth Bairn said:

And I bet still posting on here.

Yeah totally. 

Funny we met a couple from Essex and her mum came from Falkirk with family in Grangemouth. Her exact words 'it's a real shitty area' .... of course I didn't challenge such an accurate assessment.

Well, you would have been on shaky ground mocking anywhere given that you are from the '80s wasteland of Fife.

Grangemouth is a shithole though, I'll give you that.:thumsup2

Archived