Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

18 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Pitch covers need to come off at 11 a.m. tomorrow to let the pitch get some sun & let the groundsman do his stuff  a  great turn out yesterday from and including the evening session with he players too. Easier task to lift if you are available & can help with this very much appreciated as there are a lot of other tasks to be undertaken  tomorrow .

Anyone know if a pitch inspection is planned? This would help with travel arrangements.

3 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Anyone know if a pitch inspection is planned? This would help with travel arrangements.

Not one planned at the moment that I'm aware of will depend on condition of pitch when the covers up and the prevailing weather/temperature after that forecasts are the temperatures increase after 11 am and remain above freezing until Sunday.

3 hours ago, Blue Oktober said:

That the disciple known as Harvey Swann tucks it away calmly, and that I'm not driving amen :angel 

:thumsup2 cheers, Rev!

Good replies on  here, guys! Personally, I side with the romantics,  but we can't really lose, can we? It's great to be in a cracker of a tie that will produce decent rewards and take a bit of pressure off the directors.  The club have backed the management team, and we're seeing the fruits of this. What a difference after the tortured seasons of recent times. We go into this tie off the back of a couple of good wins -  hopefully it'll be a good  experience for our young players. Then, with a more settled formation and a great team spirit, we can motor on and maybe get into that top four. Who knows?

3 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

If the covers can't withstand the temperatures expected between now and the game, is there really any point in persevering with them in future?

My concern is it’s colder in the bowl of the stadium than the temperatures you are seeing on the forecast. Also it’s not going to be much above zero tomorrow so it won’t soften.

suppose we will find out tomorrow how effective the covers are.

59 minutes ago, big al said:

My concern is it’s colder in the bowl of the stadium than the temperatures you are seeing on the forecast. Also it’s not going to be much above zero tomorrow so it won’t soften.

suppose we will find out tomorrow how effective the covers are.

How was the pitch when the covers went down? If the covers aren't too thin, they should insulate enough to keep the pitch from freezing. 

Did we not have a game off in recent years when we used covers because of a few frozen patches?

How is big Kris renton doing this time around ?
His work rate has been outstanding. While not the sharpest player, he does a lot of work chasing down defenders and good at bringing others into the game. I'd say Sheerin is a better player however his size is probably hindering his chances at starting ahead of Renton. I'd give him a 7/10 for this season so far.

6 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:
1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

His work rate has been outstanding. While not the sharpest player, he does a lot of work chasing down defenders and good at bringing others into the game. I'd say Sheerin is a better player however his size is probably hindering his chances at starting ahead of Renton. I'd give him a 7/10 for this season so far.

He could do better with more effort. He is slow to chase down defenders and makes a token run when it's too late.

He has potential, but I would say Allan, Sheerin and Muirhead are far more likely to score.

7 hours ago, PELE said:

He could do better with more effort. He is slow to chase down defenders and makes a token run when it's too late.

He has potential, but I would say Allan, Sheerin and Muirhead are far more likely to score.

That’s incredibly harsh. His work rate is his best feature and he constantly chases lost causes which sometimes creates chances for others. Agree he is murder in front of goal and very slow to get going but you can’t fault his effort. With Cox and Allan around they will get goals through Kris’s hard work and flick ons. He’s clearly a better option than Sheerin just now.

9 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Slow start to season, wasn’t playing much.

Been getting a start more recently and improving as the season goes on due to more game time. Played well at Elgin bringing others into the game and works hard off the ball.

Has a better balance of players around him now which will also help.

8 hours ago, PELE said:

How was the pitch when the covers went down? If the covers aren't too thin, they should insulate enough to keep the pitch from freezing. 

Did we not have a game off in recent years when we used covers because of a few frozen patches?

The pitch was great on Wednesday when the covers went down but the cold spell hadn’t started until Wednesday night.

Cowdenbeath golf course was in excellent nick on Wednesday, but was crap yesterday and will be like the car park today.

Bit left field question and mainly for the board. Have we stopped doing a hall of fame inductee.. I notice on website there is a lot of hall of famers but cant recall last time we did it.

Could it be something we open up for every season 3 new inductees. Chosen through social media/games etc to get a feel for new inductees. 

I would go with someone like 

Mark Baxter/John Martin/Mark Bradley/Bryan Gilfillan

Clearly we would all have favourites and hall of fame shouldnt necessarily mean best players but someone who has gave a lot to the club e.g bryan gilfillan or pat scullion who both gave a lot for the club (playing for next to nothing on occassions) turning up for fans events etc..

Just something to open up for next season potentially. (btw this may already be something we do ahaha)