Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

36 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

£10 from Warrington to Edinburgh is a bargain. Glasgow ( where I live ) to Inverness for the Raith game is £29 each way and that's having to return about midday in the following day. I could frigging drive it for that.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

prices from the central belt to the highlands are a disgrace

12 hours ago, Drifter said:

Using a blue 'Eiger' template (and a picture of one of my Cowden tops), I just photoshopped a rough design and reckon this would look pretty decent... the yellow obviously being a nod to the other Brazil!

cowden 18-19.jpg

This would be an absolute cracker! Definitely no to red featuring heavily in the home top though, it was bad enough playing in socks identical to that of Rangers in the game v Cove.

Watching old World Cup moments reminded me of the time we had the same class socks that Brazil wore to France 98. Big fan of that strip we had.

16 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

This would be an absolute cracker! Definitely no to red featuring heavily in the home top though, it was bad enough playing in socks identical to that of Rangers in the game v Cove.

Watching old World Cup moments reminded me of the time we had the same class socks that Brazil wore to France 98. Big fan of that strip we had.

Haha, when I added the red, I did think it looked a bit Sevco! And did actually mention to a friend the fact I wasn't impressed with the Rangers-esque socks on the kit for the Cove game. I'm surprised yellow has never really been incorporated into a home shirt before, though, so maybe a good time to start, with next season being a promotion push!!

3 hours ago, foreverarover said:

£10 from Warrington to Edinburgh is a bargain. Glasgow ( where I live ) to Inverness for the Raith game is £29 each way and that's having to return about midday in the following day. I could frigging drive it for that.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Aye, if I book well in advance, I can get a return to Edinburgh from Warrington for about £24. The Hearts game will be a £30 return so happy with that, though because I booked only a week or two before the Cove game at the end of the season, it cost over £60 to get to Cowden and back. Hopefully won't have to pay anaything like that again, but worth every penny in the end. If I wanted to do the Cove away game, that would have cost about £150! Crazy.

In case anyone fancies a lovely history of Cowden's kits, this site is an absolute blast; http://historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Cowdenbeath/Cowdenbeath.htm

I love the Eiger template, personally, really nice collar on it (as used by Norwich in 2016/2017), but odds are it will come with a mesh netting down the sides (aforementioned Norwich shirt, MK Dons 17/18, Blackpool away shirt 17/18) (click to enlarge images);

22751479_1921848601164511_1957108432_o.thumb.jpg.0153726f3b5b44071e95f2a6276e07b7.jpg26853078_2014596325223071_423284428_o.thumb.jpg.8895f5774362303effed9902d32dc8b0.jpg

Edited by DutchBorderer

5 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

In case anyone fancies a lovely history of Cowden's kits, this site is an absolute blast; http://historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Cowdenbeath/Cowdenbeath.htm

I love the Eiger template, personally, really nice collar on it (as used by Norwich in 2016/2017), but odds are it will come with a mesh netting down the sides (aforementioned Norwich shirt, MK Dons 17/18, Blackpool away shirt 17/18) (click to enlarge images);

22751479_1921848601164511_1957108432_o.thumb.jpg.0153726f3b5b44071e95f2a6276e07b7.jpg26853078_2014596325223071_423284428_o.thumb.jpg.8895f5774362303effed9902d32dc8b0.jpg

I think there's a ban on using that template.

It's the Eiger Sanction.

I'm a Clint. Good night!

9 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

This is the one, Drifter.

1 hour ago, HenryHill said:

I think we should bring back thay away top Jimmy Greaves wore that time on Saints and Greavsie.

I used to have the ling sleave version. Wore it as a goalie top.

a2b4c132afd9b7100d05eb83e9dda37c.jpg

Some crazy shirt designs back in the 90's. Personally would like to see us going back to the Brazil colours for the away kit again. As mentioned above 98/00 was my fav also, modeled below.

staylorvcowden.jpg

I wore my 97-98 Paulas Benara blue/white striped shirt to the cove match, wouldn't mind seeing us back in stripes again either, prob a long shot.

Edited by The Blue Brasilion

a2b4c132afd9b7100d05eb83e9dda37c.jpg
Some crazy shirt designs back in the 90's. Personally would like to see us going back to the Brazil colours for the away kit again.
I wore my 97-98 Paulas Benara blue/white striped shirt to the cove match, wouldn't mind seeing us back in stripes again either, prob a long shot.

Yeah, I’d love to see the stripes from the 70’s back