Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

4 hours ago, NELLY said:

Im actually no surprised at this and I actually said on Saturday he wont stay long if on the bench. Its a lot of travelling (playing elgin this weekend) thats over 5-6 hours of travelling one way plus the game then home. Its a lot and one thing is for sure I dont have any issues with him (if it is him as dont know exactly whats happened) saying he wants to leave.

He is kind of player who needs to play constantly as being on bench and coming on once in a while doesnt suit Bryan. He was a rock and a huge part of why we stayed up last season. In fact if it werent for him I dont think we would have. So cheers to Bryan who is a top lad as well. Gave his all for us and genuinely cares about the club and fans.

Not sure we will replace him from a defensive aspect but it frees up a wage to potentially add in other areas. Centre mid please...

Talbot any news how long he is away from being back?

Pretty sure if we didn't have him for the run in, we wouldn't have survived the drop.

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Don’t know about that. He’s probably the best of the lot.

Eveytime he went off early in games we ended up desperately scrambling to keep the opposition out for the remaining minutes.

On 21/08/2018 at 22:07, cowdenbeath said:

In 91/2 Neil Irvine started at 6 before a spell out with injury he returned at 4, the Colin Scott with 1 game but Dave McGovern was the regular in that number.

In 92/3 Irvine once again started at 6 before moving to Forfar. Shug Douglas was the most regular 6 that season  with Nicky Henderson and Billy Herd also appearing at 6.

Neil Irvine carried on playing (and robustly tackling folk!) well into his 40s with Spartans and then Edinburgh University. All round good guy too. 

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Neil Irvine carried on playing (and robustly tackling folk!) well into his 40s with Spartans and then Edinburgh University. All round good guy too. 

From that team Eric, Wrighty and Gus Malone also continued playing into their 40s. And that’s only the ones I know.

14 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

The next three games look really difficult. Don’t fancy our chances without Talbot, Sheerin and Gilfillan.

Just when things were looking good.

Fife times says talbot should be back and Sheerin out approx 4 weeks. Of course miller suspended.

dissapointed gilfillan away, the team is weaker without him.

Biggest problem with sheerin out is its unlikely he will come back in and be as sharp as he is looking. He may come back and pick up where he left off but he is getting better game by game. 

His goals have been great for us and I was looking forward to seeing if he could continue on this great run of form. Such a shame. Time for renton to step in and grab some goals.

Talbot back is a boost.

5 hours ago, PELE said:

Disaster. That'll be our goals dried up then until next month. Or, is Renton going to contribute now.

He hasn't exactly been given a chance to contribute thus far so the 'now' is a little unfair. Renton is a phenomenal replacement to have at our level so we should feel lucky. It isn't an Andy Russell coming in the team

30 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

He hasn't exactly been given a chance to contribute thus far so the 'now' is a little unfair. Renton is a phenomenal replacement to have at our level so we should feel lucky. It isn't an Andy Russell coming in the team

What level did he end up playing at compared to Greg Stewart? He was the better of the 2 wasn't he?:rolleyes:

On 22/08/2018 at 00:31, CowdenLoyal said:

McGurn
Gilfillian
Scott/Marsh
Sheerin

That spine should have been absolutely ideal for any side at this level. Don't agree with this decision one bit, he still had a big role to play for us.

On 21/08/2018 at 23:33, PELE said:

Gilfillan left and Sheerin injured. It's all going pear shaped again.

On 22/08/2018 at 08:29, NELLY said:

Im actually no surprised at this and I actually said on Saturday he wont stay long if on the bench. Its a lot of travelling (playing elgin this weekend) thats over 5-6 hours of travelling one way plus the game then home. Its a lot and one thing is for sure I dont have any issues with him (if it is him as dont know exactly whats happened) saying he wants to leave.

He is kind of player who needs to play constantly as being on bench and coming on once in a while doesnt suit Bryan. He was a rock and a huge part of why we stayed up last season. In fact if it werent for him I dont think we would have. So cheers to Bryan who is a top lad as well. Gave his all for us and genuinely cares about the club and fans.

Not sure we will replace him from a defensive aspect but it frees up a wage to potentially add in other areas. Centre mid please...

Talbot any news how long he is away from being back?

It's clear from the photo that Dave Allan has been lined up to take Big Bryan's place. A crash diet is needed, though...

5 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

I remember quite a few fans on here pre-season questioning why Sheerin would get in the team ahead of the likes of Renton, so now they have their wish.

Let's see how phenomenal he is, because Sheerin being out is a big loss (no pun intended).

1 hour ago, PRS said:

Did Renton and Sheerin ever play in the same Musselburgh Athletic side as they both stepped up senior from there? 

I don't think they would but it is worth noting that they both played 'senior' in Scotland before signing for Musselburgh.