Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

so cowden gona finish botom again this year lads your club is a joke and should be in lowland leage like east stirling grounds a joke and so is your team smelly lol

3 1/2 days later windows is still trying to spell check that. Bit of hypocrite your club have been scrapping the bottom of the barrel for years, we’ve seen it all from bomber ‘show me the deeds’ Broon, a George Albertz comeback, alan lithgow the phantom w****r, a remake of nedz featuring Barry Ferguson and now the convicted rapist goodwillie. A think its your club that’s clearly the joke here....

Slagging some ones ground aswell when you just rent your own from the council......

Away and count yer teeth on wan hand ya belter

I think we still need a right back. Mullen has actually done very well since being moved into there and I guess Swann could potentially play there (to the detriment of the balance maybe).

A creative midfielder would also go down a treat. We have a good solid spine to the team now which is what we've absolutely lacked the last few seasons.

What's Dean Brett up to these days?

1 hour ago, ronaldincoo said:

I note we haven't dipped into the loan market thus far. Do we still need anybody ?

Teams higher up the tree never loan players out until they sort their own squads out any loans are more than likely to take place next month I would expect.

26 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I think we still need a right back. Mullen has actually done very well since being moved into there and I guess Swann could potentially play there (to the detriment of the balance maybe).

A creative midfielder would also go down a treat. We have a good solid spine to the team now which is what we've absolutely lacked the last few seasons.

Brett's still at Bonnyrigg if your that desperate to see him the Haws are playing them at home on Tuesday:P

I am sure Pyper can play RB and ee have options for central defence

53 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Cammy Muirhead out on loan to Civil Service Strollers until January.

Probably do him the world of good gaining experience playing in a decent league and hopefully comeback and make a push to get back into our starting XI.

Having got back from a three-and-a-half-day trip last night, having travelled up to Edinburgh on Tuesday for the Hearts match, I've got to say I've never felt more confident for a team following a 5-0 defeat. I've still not watched the highlights so can't comment on whether it was a red card or not but my instant impression was it was a bad tackle with his foot going over the ball, and none of the players really complained at the time. I thought Cowden worked incredibly hard for each other in the first 45, forcing Hearts  on to the back foot a lot, making countless errors, but the sucker punch of the early second-half goal knocked the wind out the visitors.

Overall, though, despite the scoreline, the team appears to have shape, has a solid game plan and with the addition of a couple of loan signings over the course of the next few months, I really don't see why you shouldn't be pushing for the play-off this season. The spirit amongst the team and their willingness to work for each other, I think, will also only improve over time if a fine start to the campaign can be made and I'm really looking forward to the start of what could be a promising league campaign.

It was also great to meet up with a few more fans, spending the game with Big Al and a couple of post-match drinks with Steve. Hopefully see you, and many more, before the East Fife game next month!

All the best for the season fellas, get behind your team, keep the positive vibes going and who knows what might happen in 2018-19. Bring it on! C'mon Cowden!

Edited by Drifter