Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Sheran thinks Cove were the better team and only bad luck, the pitch and an offside goal stopped them from winning.
https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/cove-gaffer-insists-luck-was-not-on-their-side-after-cup-defeat-at-cowden/

He’s talking nonsense (no surprise). At least he’s refraining from blaming cheating officials for the defeat. It’s that pesky bad luck this time. Three attempts - no wins. That’s the reality. I have to agree about the pitch however. It’s not good.

6 minutes ago, onecowden said:

He’s talking nonsense (no surprise). At least he’s refraining from blaming cheating officials for the defeat. It’s that pesky bad luck this time. Three attempts - no wins. That’s the reality. I have to agree about the pitch however. It’s not good.

The pitch was about the only thing he got right. I suppose you never get wind at a Highland League game.......:lol: it wasn't even that windy  just a breeze by normal Central Park terms.

Bit of a cheeky one about us beating Raith the previous week as well.

His team just didn't look like scoring apart from the one that hit the bar in the 1st minute.

33 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Sheran thinks Cove were the better team and only bad luck, the pitch and an offside goal stopped them from winning.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/cove-gaffer-insists-luck-was-not-on-their-side-after-cup-defeat-at-cowden/

Goal wasn't offside from where I was standing and the standside lines man had a better view of it than he did.

43 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Goal wasn't offside from where I was standing and the standside lines man had a better view of it than he did.

There's no way he could admit to the Aberdeen press that Cowden were the better team. He just had to find something to complain about.

And re the pitch, yes it is in  poor state but so is just about every other grass pitch. 

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

why do bad things happen to good people

There's no way he could admit to the Aberdeen press that Cowden were the better team. He just had to find something to complain about.
And re the pitch, yes it is in  poor state but so is just about every other grass pitch. 

At this time of the year?

Gayf is like a bowling green [emoji7]

The problem with the pitch is that the recent heatwave has dried it out.  The club did arrange with the fire brigade to come down and water the pitch.....but of course it got called out to a fire :lol: 

Hopefully attack Hearts from the start and try and surprise them. Where is Gilfillan? Is he on holiday? Is it true he is really Andreas Granqvist and needs a break after his World Cup exertions?

Just now, PELE said:

Hopefully attack Hearts from the start and try and surprise them. Where is Gilfillan? Is he on holiday? Is it true he is really Andreas Granqvist and needs a break after his World Cup exertions?

Gilfillan cracked a rib against Dundee United he was on the bench on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

To be fair

Hadn’t thought of how unusually good the weathers been this summer

Its probably been the best in your lifetime:lol:

Never mind we'll get to see Hearts new super duper hybrid pitch tonight.

Obviously an early red card meant it was very likely we would lose by a few. Would loved to have seen what happened with 11 men as hearts were not confident and lack quality in several areas for a club their size.

fair play to Bollan, a goal down and a man down and went for it by putting Renton on for 2 upfront.

Backfired against us but rather go down 5-0 going for it than just sitting in and losing 1 or 2 nil.

Overall I'm satisfied with the team.  6 points was the maximum I would expect us to get in a group like this.  A decent win away to Raith and a 'get it up them' over Cove makes this a good start to the season.  Unlucky against ICT with some of the goals and a man down away to Hearts after half an hour.  Hopefully Cox will be recovered for the Clyde game next week.

20 goals conceded at Tynecastle in our last 3 appearances there! Was the previous match there another loss with 5 goals conceded in the Scottish Cup?

Obviously an early red card meant it was very likely we would lose by a few. Would loved to have seen what happened with 11 men as hearts were not confident and lack quality in several areas for a club their size.
fair play to Bollan, a goal down and a man down and went for it by putting Renton on for 2 upfront.
Backfired against us but rather go down 5-0 going for it than just sitting in and losing 1 or 2 nil.

When we tired it became a hard watch. I agree about the 10 v 11. Hearts huffed and puffed but created very little in the final third before the sending off. Very impressed with the 4g pitch.

8 minutes ago, onecowden said:

When we tired it became a hard watch. I agree about the 10 v 11. Hearts huffed and puffed but created very little in the final third before the sending off. Very impressed with the 4g pitch.

Is a hybrid grass pitch.