Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Happy with the performance last night. Caley in the forward areas were just too good for us and too quick. Overall the team battled well/played some good stuff and we scored 2 good goals.

Malcolm was good again as was mullen/talbot. Brad Smith for me was our best player really growing into a great player for us.

Sheerin is fast becoming a huge fans favourite not just for his goals but sheer workrate and presence. He is one hardy fcuker as well. The team is crying out for a new centre mid but we are well covered defensively now pat has signed. I wouldnt like Bollan to start playing Marsh or scullion in at centre mid to be honest.

Fitness was good last night too. Renton may struggle to get in the team at this rate...

2 hours ago, NELLY said:

Happy with the performance last night. Caley in the forward areas were just too good for us and too quick. Overall the team battled well/played some good stuff and we scored 2 good goals.

Malcolm was good again as was mullen/talbot. Brad Smith for me was our best player really growing into a great player for us.

Sheerin is fast becoming a huge fans favourite not just for his goals but sheer workrate and presence. He is one hardy fcuker as well. The team is crying out for a new centre mid but we are well covered defensively now pat has signed. I wouldnt like Bollan to start playing Marsh or scullion in at centre mid to be honest.

Fitness was good last night too. Renton may struggle to get in the team at this rate...

No so sure Nelly, Martin scott is near as bulky as Sheerin now.cant see him playing 90 too often. Our front 2 first half looked like 2 body builders, as solid a pairing as Iv ever seen. I really hope we persist with 2 upfront.

i think robust is the word to describe the front 2?

Edited by big al

Pretty pleased with that. Hugely entertaining game with chances galore. Inverness are a full time top end championship side with some good players, Tremarco and Walsh especially, but we gave as good as we got first half. Third goal kind of settled it and was a blatant hand ball, somehow missed by the officials,who were inept throughout. Midfield performed better without  Miller, though I would prefer Swann to Buchanan but perhaps the balance wouldn't be right then.Looks like Sheerin is going to become a legend in his own lunchtime.

On 18/07/2018 at 11:23, iateallthepies said:

Pretty pleased with that. Hugely entertaining game with chances galore. Inverness are a full time top end championship side with some good players, Tremarco and Walsh especially, but we gave as good as we got first half. Third goal kind of settled it and was a blatant hand ball, somehow missed by the officials,who were inept throughout. Midfield performed better without  Miller, though I would prefer Swann to Buchanan but perhaps the balance wouldn't be right then.Looks like Sheerin is going to become a legend in his own lunchtime.

His lunchtime consistes of munching a whole cow....

Brilliant start for the big man. Quite a change to have a front pairing that refuses to be intimidated. Last season we were weak up front and too easily bullied. These days are over.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

Just watched the highlights from the ict game

the 3rd looked a blatant handball and surely the 5th goal is offside by the player who sticks a toe out and deflects it in. Looks a howler by the Lino.

Haven't seen the highlights yet, but that's exactly what I thought on the night. I actually thought the third goal was chalked off at first for the handball. The linesman was looking directly at the incident. I could see it from further away than him. If Cox could finish anything, we could have even won the match. He could have rolled the later chance to Sheerin for his hat trick. It was like watching Croatia v France. Inverness were not anything special, although the three legitimate goals were well finished.

Why does Swann not play? He would be much better than Cox.

Bit harsh on Cox he has started much better this pre season already. His workrate is phenemonal. Harvey swanns is not. Cox is getting in the right areas to have these chances and will stick 1 or 2 away. Harvey is a better technical player no doubt but he lacks a work rate that is beneficial to the team. Cox closes off space well and wins possession back for us in key areas.

Harvey great player to have on bench for coming on.

So Hearts played an ineligible player in the midweek cup win at Cove, with potential consequences on Cowden's group. Be interesting to see what punishment they receive.

From memory, Dunfermline had to replay a cup tie against Stenny for fielding an illegible player (Callum Woods) and East Stirlingshire were kicked out of the cup and Buckie Thistle progressed after fielding Michael Andrews, who was not registered.

26 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

From memory, Dunfermline had to replay a cup tie against Stenny for fielding an illegible player (Callum Woods) and East Stirlingshire were kicked out of the cup and Buckie Thistle progressed after fielding Michael Andrews, who was not registered.

That was the Scottish Cup BB. I also remember years ago we had an ineligible player in a League Cup tie v Arbroath which we won 5-0 v Arbroath and had to replay the game and were fined five grand which was a lot of money in 1991.

Funny thing is his name was Andy Irving same as the Hearts guy from the other night don't know if they are related.

That was the Scottish Cup BB. I also remember years ago we had an ineligible player in a League Cup tie v Arbroath which we won 5-0 v Arbroath and had to replay the game and were fined five grand which was a lot of money in 1991.
Funny thing is his name was Andy Irving same as the Hearts guy from the other night don't know if they are related.

Father and son

It seems the general consensus will be Cove are handed a 3-0 win which, all theoretically of course, would put them above Cowden and into second on goal difference, with Hearts now bottom. Should Cowden beat Cove, it would actually mean we can head to Tynecastle with something still to play for. All hypothetical and certainly not expecting Cowden to progress from this group, but should Hearts be deducted their points, and Cove given the walkover victory, it'd certainly make the group a hell of a lot more interesting than it is at the moment.

I suppose this is a consequence of Craig Levein's recruitment policy at Tynecastle these last couple of years... and the fact they've got so many players on the books now that the secretary can't keep up!

Interview with Jordyn Sheerin now available to view on my website, here.

Jordyn talks about:

His move from Kelty

The toughest pre-season of his career

The BetFred Cup campaign so far

Goals

The season ahead

Good luck today against Cove! :thumsup2

Interview with Jordyn Sheerin now available to view on my website, here.
Jordyn talks about:
His move from Kelty
The toughest pre-season of his career
The BetFred Cup campaign so far
Goals
The season ahead
Good luck today against Cove! :thumsup2

Thanks Jordan. These interviews are terrific and great for lower league football

Arrived at 14.30 to ensure I could purchase a programme before the inevitable sell out of said publication. Wrong. The last one was sold when I was buying my 50-50 draw tickets. Hardly a soul in the ground at that time. Not a moan- observation

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

Arrived at 14.30 to ensure I could purchase a programme before the inevitable sell out of said publication. Wrong. The last one was sold when I was buying my 50-50 draw tickets. Hardly a soul in the ground at that time. Not a moan- observation

The club has started doing e-subscriptions this season so you can get a PDF of the programme emailed to you the day after the match. £1 cheaper and you help to save the environment...or something.