Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

It was always his trademark to be fair.

Not been scoring so many since he started working with me but I hear all about it when he does.

was glad to be in Majorca when they beat us last week in a friendly  to escape the ribbing!

20 minutes ago, big al said:

Sound mate, cheers. Where is it you are coming up from?

I'm on the Warrington train setting out just before 9.30am, landing in Edinburgh for 12.15 I think (and trying to resist the temptation of hitting the beer before I've crossed the border!).

I'm also booked on for the East Fife game in mid-August as my first home of the season, whilst I'm trying to get a few of us to travel up on the 15th September as an excuse for my birthday day out at Central Park, introducing a few more newbies, along with the fella who attended the Cove match with us. Seems he's also caught the bug a bit! FC United are at Guiseley that day and it's a part of the world we have no desire returning to. Without wanting to sound patronising, it really does make Cowden seem like Chicago! So Cowden it will be, and I'm already looking forward to replying to the question of, 'What you doin for your birthday?' 'Goin' to Cowdenbeath, of course'!

9 hours ago, Drifter said:

I'm on the Warrington train setting out just before 9.30am, landing in Edinburgh for 12.15 I think (and trying to resist the temptation of hitting the beer before I've crossed the border!).

I'm also booked on for the East Fife game in mid-August as my first home of the season, whilst I'm trying to get a few of us to travel up on the 15th September as an excuse for my birthday day out at Central Park, introducing a few more newbies, along with the fella who attended the Cove match with us. Seems he's also caught the bug a bit! FC United are at Guiseley that day and it's a part of the world we have no desire returning to. Without wanting to sound patronising, it really does make Cowden seem like Chicago! So Cowden it will be, and I'm already looking forward to replying to the question of, 'What you doin for your birthday?' 'Goin' to Cowdenbeath, of course'!

Fair play to you sir, we are likely to get the run around against hearts but it’s a great day out in Edinburgh in the summer.

Got a great record against the Methil tinks and they will probably bring a few fans so hopefully that’s a decent 1. 

Well, I was at the game yesterday. I thought they played really well, and aside from a scare in the first few minutes, never gave rovers a sniff. Sheerin and Cox both worked really hard and gave them a right hard time at the back. Bodes well for the season, I’d say!

I've just read this on the BBC Scottish football page about the opening game at Cove's new ground. Hope the lad's alright and not nice to read... and it certainly won't help what John Sheran is already calling an injury-hit squad as they go into next week's return against Cowden...

------

Cove Rangers and Aberdeen were forced to abandon Sunday's pre-season friendly at the Balmoral Stadium after Jordon Brown suffered a serious head injury.

Brown, 25, collided with Dons defender Andrew Considine in the second half with the visitors leading 2-1.

Referee Alex Shepherd, Cove manager John Sheran and Aberdeen counterpart Derek McInnes agreed to stop the game.

An ambulance was called with spectators asked to leave, with Brown receiving treatment for over 25 minutes.

He was given oxygen on the pitch as physios from both teams and the Aberdeen team doctor assisted before paramedics arrived.

Brown was conscious when he was moved into the ambulance and taken to hospital.

Aberdeen tweeted: "The thoughts of everyone at the club are with Jordon at this moment and we wish him a speedy recovery."

The former Aberdeen youth player signed for Cove in June after five years with Peterhead.

The friendly was arranged to officially open Cove's new stadium.

7 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Rovers still frantically looking for a move involving their players.

And it seems they're also frantically looking to move the manager on already, judging by some of the comments on their P&B page!

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

And it seems they're also frantically looking to move the manager on already, judging by some of the comments on their P&B page!

What must really be concerning for Rovers and Rovers fans is not just the defeat by Cowden, a regular occurrence in recent times, but the manner of the defeat. Rovers were comprehensively outplayed and outmanouevered  all over the park, particularly in the second half.  Looks like it will be a long hard  season for Raith.

2 hours ago, Drifter said:

I've just read this on the BBC Scottish football page about the opening game at Cove's new ground. Hope the lad's alright and not nice to read... and it certainly won't help what John Sheran is already calling an injury-hit squad as they go into next week's return against Cowden...

------

Cove Rangers and Aberdeen were forced to abandon Sunday's pre-season friendly at the Balmoral Stadium after Jordon Brown suffered a serious head injury.

Brown, 25, collided with Dons defender Andrew Considine in the second half with the visitors leading 2-1.

Referee Alex Shepherd, Cove manager John Sheran and Aberdeen counterpart Derek McInnes agreed to stop the game.

An ambulance was called with spectators asked to leave, with Brown receiving treatment for over 25 minutes.

He was given oxygen on the pitch as physios from both teams and the Aberdeen team doctor assisted before paramedics arrived.

Brown was conscious when he was moved into the ambulance and taken to hospital.

Aberdeen tweeted: "The thoughts of everyone at the club are with Jordon at this moment and we wish him a speedy recovery."

The former Aberdeen youth player signed for Cove in June after five years with Peterhead.

The friendly was arranged to officially open Cove's new stadium.

Scans at ARI ok. He’s going to be discharged. It was a bad one though.