Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

6 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Thread was going well until Brazilianlex  reached into his bumper book of friendly defeat excuses and come out with the standard players missing/big team no trying as hard/wee team getting over physical in the challenges.

Gogsy, its a friendly warm up game, matters as much as a 1p piece.

more concerned Kelty charging £7 for a friendly! Is that not more than their league games!

Thread was going well until Brazilianlex  reached into his bumper book of friendly defeat excuses and come out with the standard players missing/big team no trying as hard/wee team getting over physical in the challenges.

Cowdenbeath and Kelty had a good run out, tried some different formations and a fair number of players on both teams got some game time. I’d say both managers would be happy with the afternoon.
Good luck to Kelty in the Lowland league.

13 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

Oh f**k me, Kelty got the cock in hand and the 5 knuckle shuffle at full pelt over a friendly. 

Actually, that sounds like a good plan!

Edited by Tenkay

Canny believe folk are falling out over a friendly game:lol: Both sides had various changes to what would be their normal league side. I would expect Kelty to be one of the five sides to be serious challengers for the LL last seasons top 4 being the others.

For the record it was their normal league prices today.

6 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Just as embarrassing then.

You charged the same price for a friendly as a league game. 

Fair price for couple of hours entertainment, decent wee crowd considering England game on 

5 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Didn’t do a good job then. Junior refereeing at its worst. Last 15 mins, you could have taken the ball off and kelty wouldn’t have noticed.

its basic but effective  to be fair but I was expecting better after hearing all the talk of Tam Courts being a tactical genius.

Aye Cowden played right good silky football right enough 

11 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Just as embarrassing then.

You charged the same price for a friendly as a league game. 

How low do you want it £4 and £2?

Id say the facilities we offer and the “effective” winning team that our manager puts out most weeks for us to watch then our pricing is more than fair tbh.

I pay £12 around half a dozen times into Cowdenbeath matches a season, I paid £8 and £4 (£12) for me and my 6 year old son for the Dundee “friendly” during the week. We let in under 12s for free.

Friendlies are for trying things out and getting boys fit lads, the result counts for zilcho.

when are we going to sign dean Brett? Have a decent right back and give ourselves a chance. No point having a good left back and not a good right back.

Need a player in midfield too and I have said it before and will again, even though others have disagreed, Sheerin and Renton won’t get us far up the league. We need a different option upfront aswell.

4 minutes ago, kefc said:

How low do you want it £4 and £2?

Id say the facilities we offer and the “effective” winning team that our manager puts out most weeks for us to watch then our pricing is more than fair tbh.

I pay £12 around half a dozen times into Cowdenbeath matches a season, I paid £8 and £4 (£12) for me and my 6 year old son for the Dundee “friendly” during the week. We let in under 12s for free.

£8 to watch a league team against a premiership team.

£7 to watch a non league friendly? It’s bullshit. I don’t do friendlies and certainly not that.

to be fair, the £8 against Dundee is too high. It’s a kick about and meaningless.  Fiver tops.

anyway who cares what supporters think. Good luck with your season. 

The Kelty fans are riding on a crest of a wave at the moment but it won’t last, that is a certainty. 

Just now, 1GregStewart said:

£8 to watch a league team against a premiership team.

£7 to watch a non league friendly? It’s bullshit. I don’t do friendlies and certainly not that.

to be fair, the £8 against Dundee is too high. It’s a kick about and meaningless.  Fiver tops.

anyway who cares what supporters think. Good luck with your season. 

The Kelty fans are riding on a crest of a wave at the moment but it won’t last, that is a certainty. 

The good luck would have done, stay classy.

All the best to Cowden for the season, enjoy going to a few games when Kelty not playing, game today meant nowt other than a competitive game for the players and the managers to look at new things.

Without exaggerating anyone that cares about pre season results is a bit of a tube. Completely meaningless. 

Also, genuinely thought Kelty were still an amatuer club until today. Fair play to them, hope they win the Fife and Lothians Cup. 

Some classy comments on here from Cowden fans (who before today always seemed to have a good rapport with us). Pre season results don't mean that much but still a good win for Kelty against a side that are a league above.

Out of interest how much is admission to a Cowden home friendly? 

13 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Some classy comments on here from Cowden fans (who before today always seemed to have a good rapport with us). Pre season results don't mean that much but still a good win for Kelty against a side that are a league above.

Out of interest how much is admission to a Cowden home friendly? 

As I said last night don't know why folk get so wound up about a psf:lol: As you say it was a decent work out for both sides.

Prices against Dundee on Monday were £8 and £4. Don't know if we would have had to give Dundee a share of the gate also we have to have stewards at all of our 1st team games which factors into the costs I suppose.