Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

27 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Not givin a jot what you do good result for us

I think we approached the game as a run out, kelty treated it as a cup final. We didn’t play Sheerin, Scott or Smith. Think kelty are good enough to finish top 6 in lowland league but will struggle against better football teams in Spartans, EK and The Shire. Guys like Scott Dalziel will realise that you just can’t kick your way to victory every game.

I think we approached the game as a run out, kelty treated it as a cup final. We didn’t play Sheerin, Scott or Smith. Think kelty are good enough to finish top 6 in lowland league but will struggle against better football teams in Spartans, EK and The Shire. Guys like Scott Dalziel will realise that you just can’t kick your way to victory every game.
Good point. Any team would struggle without those three all-stars in its ranks.

[emoji38] losing to what you deem to be a middling Lowland League side [emoji38]

20 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Top be fair, its always going to be difficult for officials when you've got the Cowdenbeath management trying to referee games from the sidelines.

Didn’t do a good job then. Junior refereeing at its worst. Last 15 mins, you could have taken the ball off and kelty wouldn’t have noticed.

its basic but effective  to be fair but I was expecting better after hearing all the talk of Tam Courts being a tactical genius.

7 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Aye that would be the last 15 minutes where we had four of our u-20 squad playing and you hardly created anything.

Yeah your right, kelty were amazing, Tam Courts tactics were breathtaking. 

Enjoy your lowland League campaign.

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Well of course I was right, never claimed at any point Kelty were amazing or the managers tactics were breathtaking though.  Enjoy your battle against  relegation though, should be a bit easier this season.

We will do our best as always with limited resources.

A bit of needle creeping in. The first time I have seen Kelty  and I was quite impressed. Uncompromising in defence, hard working in midfield, and lively up front The keeper farting about with the ball at his feet is an accident waiting to happen though. On the balance of play they deserved to win  though ironically we had the best chances. Our line-up was experimental in personnel and formation but it would be wrong to imply that we weren't trying.

5 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

A bit of needle creeping in. The first time I have seen Kelty  and I was quite impressed. Uncompromising in defence, hard working in midfield, and lively up front The keeper farting about with the ball at his feet is an accident waiting to happen though. On the balance of play they deserved to win  though ironically we had the best chances. Our line-up was experimental in personnel and formation but it would be wrong to imply that we weren't trying.

Never said we weren’t trying but I would expect Sheerin scott and smith to start in real games and McGurn !

Edited by Brazilianlex

1 minute ago, pipedreamer said:

You might want to ask your players if they were treating today as a run out, certainly didn’t seem that way from the way they were playing.

Worked hard but no full blooded challenges that I saw. Sensible as we don’t want injuries.

2 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Good point. Any team would struggle without those three all-stars in its ranks.

Clyde couldn't stop Brad Smith when the teams last met. Brad got the only goal of the game as the mighty Bully Wee got beat by lowly Cowden. 

Good game today, Kelty were missing Conrad Courts, Sean O’Neil, Ross Philp, Elliot Ford and captain Shaun Greig, all regular starters who play most weeks.

Our Striker playing centre half  and 5 U20s players finishing the game so friendly aside its the 1st win in our pre season campaign after 2 games against SPFL sides setting us up for another tough week ahead.

2 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Oh f**k me, Kelty got the cock in hand and the 5 knuckle shuffle at full pelt over a friendly. 

Imagine the creaming when the fife cup starts!

Seeing as the competition takes ages to conclude that will take the act to tantric levels.