Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Markus Paatelainen will forever be one of my favourite ever Cowden players.  Remember his terrible start? "Mixu get your sister off" being shouted at Bayview to the utter devastation at his serious injury up in Elgin.  

I don't tend to remember players being subbed on but I'll always treasure the moment that Markus appeared in full kit on the Hampden sideline and the roar that went up from the big away support. Some player.  Would do a wee step over and then knock the ball past the defender - it was the Scottish lower leagues Gareth Bale.

16 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Morgaro Gomis

He was really good until christmas and then hardly touched the ball once his pre contract agreement was signed. Mind his cracking goal against Peterhead (I think). Cant forgive him for his penalty against us in the 10-0 doing though.

Ignoring the star midfielders who are obvious picks I'd like to put forward some other guys.

Gary Fusco
Paul McHale
Brian Fairbairn
Jordan Morton - if anybody can find me the clip of his goal against East Fife then I'd be forever grateful
Mark Ramsay
Kyle Miller - deserves praise for his loyal service to us. 
Lewis Milne - just for that game at East End :lol:

Sure there are plenty others. We've had some stinkers as well though - Mick Galloway, Chris Anton to name just 2.

One of the first games I remember seeing was when we beat East Fife  3-1 in the league cup quarter finals. In midfield Basher Murphy was immense. Bob Crampsey  on Scotsport  said he played like a man possessed. Unfortunately he asked for a raise on the back of that performance and was promptly transferred to Queen of the South , where he became a mainstay of their side for many years.

Tomana was a great ball player but other teams sussed out that he was a bit lightweight and targeted him for heavy treatment. Towards the end of his time with us he'd had enough of it.

I always thought that Hamish French was really good for us, even though it was towards the end of his playing career. He had poise and class on the ball and he made some incredible passes to set up the strikers.

2 hours ago, Drifter said:

Now fellas, to complete your Cowden dream team, name the best/your favourite forwards to have worn the shirt whilst you've watched the side....

My favourite by a mile is Gareth Wardlaw. The guy had it all and I loved the way he played the game. Him and Greg Stewart up top for me.

We've had some belting forwards in my time supporting us:

Liam Buchanan, Graeme Brown, Murray McDowell, Keith Wright, Greg Stewart, Kane Hemmings, Pat Clarke, Armand One, Mikko Paatelainen, Greig Spence, Gareth Wardlaw, Paul McQuade.

For banter - Lewis Coult.

We've also had Zeph Thomas and Stephen McConalogue…..