Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

37 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Lack of comment from Cowden is concerning.

could be we have fucked up with offering  Harvey Swann a deal to preserve  the compo.

This is what I think as well. Silence is deafening from the Cowden end and I think we would have mentioned on our site if a fee was due.

Shame Harvey has moved on but that's football.

Hopefully we will start hearing of some signings soon. I guess as always in pre season some players sit it out and weigh up their options and offers. 

I have a good feeling about next season. We have an established manager who is capable of leading the team at the top end of the table. The Club seem to be continuing to do lots of positive and new things to help move the club forward. 

Betfred Group Draw tomorrow at 1:30 so hopefully the club will get a good draw I. E away to Hibs or Hearts in the group. 

11 minutes ago, PELE said:

The Betfred cup is getting boring already. Most interesting game will be v Stenny.

Absolute nonsense and I am sure you know it. If you don't like it then football probably isn't for you.

No matter who we get it’s always going to be tough progressing to the next stage so for me its about playing tough opponents and gaining a good bit of extra income. Hearts and dundee provide both plus always good getting a wee derby against the smelly fifers

Absolute dream draw for us.... 2 big teams with good gates. A home derby against east fife (or away of course) and a game against one of the league challengers. All local for fans no travelling to peterhead or caley or ross county etc.. Expenses for clubs a lot less due to these games being close as well.

Dream draw. Progressing unlikely but you are always up against it. 

Rather play hearts than st johnstone for example.

Whens the fixtures sorted...

Money wise the club will do ok out of it im sure compared to some other draws we could have got.

Realistically out of the tops seeds we want Hearts or Hibs. We got that. Out of the second seeds we got by far the best team to draw. Then all you can really ask for is a Fife derby and a beatable team. Ticks every box. 

Ideally home to Hearts on a Sat. Away to Dundee Utd on a Saturday then the other games whenever. 

3 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Realistically out of the tops seeds we want Hearts or Hibs. We got that. Out of the second seeds we got by far the best team to draw. Then all you can really ask for is a Fife derby and a beatable team. Ticks every box. 

Ideally home to Hearts on a Sat. Away to Dundee Utd on a Saturday then the other games whenever. 

Great draw and definitely ticks every box. 

Ideally you would want Hearts away as last season when we played them mid week the gate was 7500 in attendance. pretty good attendance mid week.

Dundee Utd away not as appealing as some might think gate wise on the basis there was only a gate of 1600 at home to Utd against Alloa in the bet Fred Cup last season. Still better drawing them away as I doubt we would get 1600 at home to Utd especially mid week. 

Edited by Cowden316

4 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Absolute nonsense and I am sure you know it. If you don't like it then football probably isn't for you.

Never been a fan of the League Cup. I'll still go though.

I see our 'Southern' neighbours got an easy draw. Not a money spinning one though.

6 minutes ago, PELE said:

Never been a fan of the League Cup. I'll still go though.

I see our 'Southern' neighbours got an easy draw. Not a money spinning one though.

I think it was the fans with their duelling banjos that got them into the south section.