Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

29 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:
30 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:
Unless they aren't aware...

.....they were

Not sure they are 

I recall being told that all players were contracted to mid June.

that means that stenny have signed a player who is under contract to another Club. I think that’s an illegal approach ! Maybe getting advice from your neighbours at Falkirk ?

Not sure they are 
that means that stenny have signed a player who is under contract to another Club. I think that’s an illegal approach ! Maybe getting advice from your neighbours at Falkirk ?
Given how professional Margaret and the backroom team are with this sort of thing, I'm fairly confident in saying we've done things by the book.

Signings for lots of teams have been announced. I think you're clutching at straws. We've lost an excellent left back. These things happen

11 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Not sure they are 

:lol::lol::lol: 

Have you ever heard of something called the Bosman ruling?

40 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

:lol::lol::lol: 

Have you ever heard of something called the Bosman ruling?

Yes 

i have also heard of compensation for players under 23. If they are offered a similar contract then compy is due. Swann is under 23

bye 

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

Yes 

i have also heard of compensation for players under 23. If they are offered a similar contract then compy is due. Swann is under 23

bye 

I'm just intrigued to know which part of this constitutes an illegal approach, as you're alleging. 

Cya!

8 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

I'm just intrigued to know which part of this constitutes an illegal approach, as you're alleging. 

Cya!

I’m pretty sure I was told all Cowden players are under contract till mid June. Therefore it is illegal to sign a contract while you are still under contract to another club unless the Clubs agree and a fee is agreed. Otherwise known as a transfer. 

So if he has signed, it has to be from the end date of his current contract and a tribunal will be needed to determine a fee. But since they haven’t waited until the end of his contract and haven’t apparently asked permission to speak to the player, I believe that’s an illegal approach,

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

I’m pretty sure I was told all Cowden players are under contract till mid June. Therefore it is illegal to sign a contract while you are still under contract to another club unless the Clubs agree and a fee is agreed. Otherwise known as a transfer. 

So if he has signed, it has to be from the end date of his current contract and a tribunal will be needed to determine a fee. But since they haven’t waited until the end of his contract and haven’t apparently asked permission to speak to the player, I believe that’s an illegal approach,

The vast majority of (part-time) contracts in Scotland run until the end of May, to my knowledge, but that's mostly irrelevant here. Any player is free to speak to whichever club he pleases in the last six months of his contract term, with or without the permission of his current club. If contact was made prior to then, only then does it become illegal. Permission doesn't need to be sought by the interested club either - a club or intermediary only needs to inform the parent club of their interest. You're right about the compensation, though I'm not sure how that's calculated and doubt it'll be anything like a significant amount. Of course, Cowden will only be entitled to it if Swann was offered a new contract on at least the same terms as before, if not more favourable ones. 

2 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

The vast majority of (part-time) contracts in Scotland run until the end of May, to my knowledge, but that's mostly irrelevant here. Any player is free to speak to whichever club he pleases in the last six months of his contract term, with or without the permission of his current club. If contact was made prior to then, only then does it become illegal. Permission doesn't need to be sought by the interested club either - a club or intermediary only needs to inform the parent club of their interest. You're right about the compensation, though I'm not sure how that's calculated and doubt it'll be anything like a significant amount. Of course, Cowden will only be entitled to it if Swann was offered a new contract on at least the same terms as before, if not more favourable ones. 

Yes but stenny have today paraded him as a newly signed player but he will at this time be definitely a Cowden player under contract.

so how is that legal ?

5 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Yes but stenny have today paraded him as a newly signed player but he will at this time be definitely a Cowden player under contract.

so how is that legal ?

He'll have signed a contract to begin on the date on which his Cowdenbeath contract ends; it would only become illegal if he was now formally registered as a Stenhousemuir player, which isn't even possible right now. That'll happen upon whichever falls last - the expiration of his Cowdenbeath contract, or the opening of the registration window. Of course, he's still employed by Cowdenbeath at the moment but it doesn't really count for much when he's not got training to attend or matches to play in.

Edited by the_bully_wee

1 minute ago, the_bully_wee said:

He'll have signed a contract to begin on the date on which his Cowdenbeath contract ends; it would only become illegal if he was now formally registered as a Stenhousemuir player, which isn't even possible right now. That'll happen once the registration window re-opens or - if it comes first - his Cowdenbeath contract expires. Of course, he's still employed by Cowdenbeath at the moment but it doesn't really count for much when he's not got training to attend or matches to play in.

Just checked on the SFA website and it clearly states that clubs may approach a player with less than 6  months left but they must inform the club the player is contracted to.

registration procedures 21.1

So unless that has been superseded, it’s an illegal approach.

2 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Just checked on the SFA website and it clearly states that clubs may approach a player with less than 6  months left but they must inform the club the player is contracted to.

registration procedures 21.1

So unless that has been superseded, it’s an illegal approach.

14 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Permission doesn't need to be sought by the interested club either - a club or intermediary only needs to inform the parent club of their interest.

Even if Stenhousemuir didn't conform to the regulations - a scenario which I find pretty unlikely - I doubt Swann would've stuck around at Cowdenbeath anyway, given his under-utilisation by Bollan.

sad to see swann move on. Potential and a lad that came through which is actually rare nowadays for cowden where as in the past we were fortunate to have a decent % of our first team being made up of  players coming through.

eg. brett/linton/robertson/miller etc.

Nowadays we have cammy muirhead who I doubt will stay at the club. Young lad who has been on the bench a few times whos name escapes me.kyle something??

Also ryan connelly who was a great prospect and looked excellent however a really serious injury has obviously put things backwards just now for him. A loan spell playing regular football at the right team would do him good. Even east of scotland to get his confidence up rather than lowland league which is far tougher environment.

Swann didnt work hard enough at times and perhaps didnt stick to bollans way tactics or way of defending etc. It happens in football sad but true.

He will be a good signing for stenny no doubt.

2 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

Agree with Nelly sad to see a player of such promise leave  a club where he liked playing, but Bollan obviously didn't fancy him. Hope we don't regret this 

Problem is that Harvey has been showing promise for some time, he never seemed to get into top gear. A move is probably the best for him, a different  manager could make all the difference.

I'm sure Cowden Cowboy could clear up anything regarding compo due.

The reality is we will probably send you over some bibs and a few really nice Mitre baws and that will cover it.

18 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I'm sure Cowden Cowboy could clear up anything regarding compo due.

The reality is we will probably send you over some bibs and a few really nice Mitre baws and that will cover it.

The reality is the club should take it to tribunal 100%. Put a lot of faith and money into growing harvey as a player and was on apprenticeship with us im sure.

Good lad and good player. Will do well at Stenny.

I imagine a fee of around £5-7k would be what we are after... 

5-7k fee is still a fair amount at this level where fees on players generally aren't paid too often.

I still think that's pretty hefty from our point of view to take out the budget for a player with potential who was in and out of a poor side in the bottom league.

Hoping we have done our homework here.