Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

2 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Did you get a payment from the League?

No. I can categorically state that the league have never made any payments to me, but they are welcome to if they wish.

If fentie severed ties I assume this is a big loss to money that comes in every year. Is he not the main sponsor and puts in a fair whack each season.. Not easy to find that money and cover it for next season.

Always challenges at the club but we have people behind the scenes who look after it well and do what they feel is in the best interests.

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

If fentie severed ties I assume this is a big loss to money that comes in every year. Is he not the main sponsor and puts in a fair whack each season.. Not easy to find that money and cover it for next season.

Always challenges at the club but we have people behind the scenes who look after it well and do what they feel is in the best interests.

His company is our main sponsor and have been for eight seasons I think.

It was reported that the deal was £40k when we were in the final 1st Division in 2012-13.

21 minutes ago, PELE said:

His company is our main sponsor and have been for eight seasons I think.

It was reported that the deal was £40k when we were in the final 1st Division in 2012-13.

Do we know if this is correct? Hope this isn’t the result of some sort of fallout just as we are all breathing a sigh of relief.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Do we know if this is correct? Hope this isn’t the result of some sort of fallout just as we are all breathing a sigh of relief.

I heard a whisper we weren’t looking too clever financially next season at the recent home game I sponsored. 

That would maybe tie in with this rumour that Fentie is ending his sponsorship.

3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

As far as I'm aware there's been no falling out with Fentie - his money is needed elsewhere is all.  

Don't worry though we've got multi millionaire Vince Sinclair to fill the void ;) 

Don’t think anyone said there was a fall out with Fentie to be fair.

13 hours ago, big al said:

Don’t think anyone said there was a fall out with Fentie to be fair.

20 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Aberdeen Cowden literally said he hoped he hadn't left after a fall out!  

I'm sure the board will be working their arses off to try and minimise the loss from Neil leaving.

Edited by The Minertaur

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Aberdeen Cowden literally said he hoped he hadn't left after a fall out!  

I'm sure the board will be working their arses off to try and minimise the loss from Neil leaving.

Sorry mate didn’t see that. 

1 hour ago, big al said:

Sorry mate didn’t see that. 

No worries.

So now we're at the point where we know which league we're in next season it's time for Punt or Keep!  Obviously some may not want to stay, some may go elsewhere, some we may not afford....

David McGurn - keep until he's in his 50's.
Ryan Goodfellow - no idea as I've never seen him play. Doubt he's good enough by reports though

Fraser Mullen - keep as he's developed into a solid right back.
Josh Todd - keep as he seems steady enough from the 2 matches I've seen of him
Robbie Deas - chances of us getting him on loan again must be zero but I'd love him back
Jamie Pyper - keep as a back up
Luc Bollan - more likely to get back on loan and again has been fine when I've seen him. Keep.
Harvey Swann - keep as he's one of the few players in the squad with talent
Jason Talbot - I imagine he's on big wages and he's been a let down this season. Punt.

Gary Fraser - I would love to keep him but imagine he'll be wanting too much and will be off elsewhere.
Blair Malcolm - 50/50 for me.  Doesn't do enough for me but has good ability with the ball. Depends on other options out there
Kyle Miller - swaying towards keep but I just feel like he needs to step up and get involved more. Doesn't score enough.
Robbie Buchanan - anybody who knows me knows that I do not rate Robbie.  I'd punt but I imagine the club will keep.

David Cox - keep. Think he's the only player I've seen score for us this season :lol:
Kris Renton - keep.  A big fan of his.
Jordan Allan - keep if possible.  Highly doubtful we'll keep him though.
Jordyn Sheerin - punt unless he gets himself fitter. He's done nothing for us since October/November?
Cammy Muirhead - punt.  His attitude will hold him back.

Ryan Connelly should be given a chance to prove his fitness and I've probably forgotten some other players! 

Edited by The Minertaur

2 hours ago, PELE said:

The sponsorship from Subsea was never going to be permanent. If it ends this season it will be tough to replace, but it was excellent while it lasted. 

For someone who came on board due to being a friend of the chairman, who probably had never set foot in the town before then, he has more than done his bit with the shirt sponsorship for almost a decade. It was him who also payed for the upgraded floodlights as well I believe.

Only sponsorship which seems to last forever is Stanraer's with Stenaline:lol:

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Only sponsorship which seems to last forever is Stanraer's with Stenaline:lol:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Stranraer/Stranraer.htm

Going by this they've had Stenaline since 1996-97! :lol: 

On 11/04/2019 at 13:47, The Minertaur said:

No worries.

So now we're at the point where we know which league we're in next season it's time for Punt or Keep!  Obviously some may not want to stay, some may go elsewhere, some we may not afford....

David McGurn - keep until he's in his 50's.
Ryan Goodfellow - no idea as I've never seen him play. Doubt he's good enough by reports though

Fraser Mullen - keep as he's developed into a solid right back.
Robbie Deas - chances of us getting him on loan again must be zero but I'd love him back
Jamie Pyper - keep as a back up
Luc Bollan - more likely to get back on loan and again has been fine when I've seen him. Keep.
Harvey Swann - keep as he's one of the few players in the squad with talent
Jason Talbot - I imagine he's on big wages and he's been a let down this season. Punt.

Gary Fraser - I would love to keep him but imagine he'll be wanting too much and will be off elsewhere.
Blair Malcolm - 50/50 for me.  Doesn't do enough for me but has good ability with the ball. Depends on other options out there
Kyle Miller - swaying towards keep but I just feel like he needs to step up and get involved more. Doesn't score enough.
Robbie Buchanan - anybody who knows me knows that I do not rate Robbie.  I'd punt but I imagine the club will keep.

David Cox - keep. Think he's the only player I've seen score for us this season :lol:
Kris Renton - keep.  A big fan of his.
Jordan Allan - keep if possible.  Highly doubtful we'll keep him though.
Jordyn Sheerin - punt unless he gets himself fitter. He's done nothing for us since October/November?
Cammy Muirhead - punt.  His attitude will hold him back.

Ryan Connelly should be given a chance to prove his fitness and I've probably forgotten some other players! 

You would keep 13 out of 19 and 2 are undecided so only 4 definite punts.

Also 1 of the punts is Sheerin who is signed for next season, so only 3 punts.

Is Bollan confirmed for next season?

i suspect we have to go with a reduced budget next season aswell, although at times the squad this season was slightly bigger than necessary.

38 minutes ago, big al said:

You would keep 13 out of 19 and 2 are undecided so only 4 definite punts.

Also 1 of the punts is Sheerin who is signed for next season, so only 3 punts.

Is Bollan confirmed for next season?

i suspect we have to go with a reduced budget next season aswell, although at times the squad this season was slightly bigger than necessary.

Manager is here next season.

On 4/11/2019 at 13:47, The Minertaur said:

No worries.

I must have missed us signing Josh Todd...

I wouldn't keep Jamie Todd though. Carthorse.