Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

20 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

£112,000 loss in 2017 - overall wages came down a little in 2018 and you will see that 2017/18 league performance was worse than 2016/17 points wise - against budget wage costs always end up higher than budget that’s football.  See Raith recently reported a £400000 loss

Good news that the loss came down from £112k to £46k. Was the directors personal loans up or down between these 2 years?

Not surprised by Raith. The fact they are full time is a joke to be honest in League 1.

Moving into the new season. I may be wrong but no players are signed for another season right? as well as coaching/manager staff?

26 minutes ago, NELLY said:

Good news that the loss came down from £112k to £46k. Was the directors personal loans up or down between these 2 years?

Not surprised by Raith. The fact they are full time is a joke to be honest in League 1.

Moving into the new season. I may be wrong but no players are signed for another season right? as well as coaching/manager staff?

There have never been any repayments of Directors Loans - much more has gone in from the directors as donations.  Loans went up by £23,000 in 2018 and had gone up by £19,000 in 2017 - other monies from Directors in those years went in as donations.  2017/18 also had money in from Club 135.  Manager has another year on his contract.  Sheerin, Renton and Sneddon are signed on to end of next season. 

5 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

There have never been any repayments of Directors Loans - much more has gone in from the directors as donations.  Loans went up by £23,000 in 2018 and had gone up by £19,000 in 2017 - other monies from Directors in those years went in as donations.  2017/18 also had money in from Club 135.  Manager has another year on his contract.  Sheerin, Renton and Sneddon are signed on to end of next season. 

5 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Grim reading. 

Agreed :lol: 

As an aside, and having not posted on here for a while... in fact, since before I attended the rearranged Sevco cup game after travelling up for it for a second time, and attending the relatively recent draw at Berwick... I'm sad to report that unless I get to Annan away in the penultimate game, I think my season's tally of games attended will remain at double figures on nine, instead of the illustrious voluptuously double figure of a nice round-arsed 10.

So hopefully I get to that Annan un n see the hardcore away support one final time in my first 'proper' season watching your club, after my initial introduction to Central Park a year ago this week.

Aside from being overwhelmed by FC United's impending relegation, and thanking Cowdenbeath FC for providing a footballing salvation for me over the last 12 months whilst getting in 11 games altogether on five different grounds in this past crazy year, I want to thank everyone who has made me feel so much apart of your Cowden family and will leave you for the next few weeks with a couple of pictures....

The first, and though am  no fan of private plates, is one I spotted the other day on an auction site and made me do what of those proper snot laughs… or a LOL as they might otherwise be known these days

Whilst the second is of a face you might recognize if you've seen me at one of my last couple of games, and possibly the latest number one Cowdenbeath fan, my mate Blind Paul enjoying his scran at Berwick, who instantly caught the bug after attending a game with me this season and already can't wait for his next match - Paul being the seventh Cowden Red' I've dragged along to a game this season, all but one of whom have returned (the other was me mate's Celtic-supporting Weedgie cousin at Albion Rovers!)…

Ro all I've met along this bonkers journey... thank you, and keep flying  that Cowden flag... and hopefully see you again soon

(The Blue Brazil - even the blind can see!)

coo shed.jpg

IMAG0402.jpg

Some scary figures in those losses but over the same period Berwick lost 130k. Luckily for us we had been well managed and banked revenue from Cup-ties.

Being a PLC I presume you sold shares in this period which doesn’t show in the balance sheet but brings in important income, so actual losses likely to be lower.

Many comparisons with Berwick and Cowden both paying out more they can afford to avoid the drop. You finished bottom twice and we look like taking that position this year so our plans haven’t exactly worked well. 

Berwick had the money in the bank to play with and you have been propped up by director loans. Albion had neither and set a budget they could afford at the start of the season (rumoured to be 60k) almost half of what we spent. Fair play to the Rovers for this approach.

Directors come in for stick but it’s a near impossible job running clubs such as ours. 

You can’t get a player with valuable league experience for under £200 nowadays and with players getting paid for 52 weeks that’s 11k gone straight away. 

Interesting times ahead. 

13 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

2018 audited accounts recently signed off as at May 2018 - £46,000 loss.  Directors loans then were £185,000 - Directors loan figure since then has only gone up there have been no monies repaid

We are in big trouble then.

Ita back to the same issue as always. The bottom line is our home support is too small to compete in league 2 financially.

Things can’t continue with loans and donations.

13 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

You’ve nailed it. Too many players going through the motions just now.

I’d love to see Connelly playing,  and not just for the last 5mins, if he is fit.

Have to disagree. The players aren’t going through the motions at the games Iv been at. They give a lot of effort.

2 hours ago, Drifter said:

As an aside, and having not posted on here for a while... in fact, since before I attended the rearranged Sevco cup game after travelling up for it for a second time, and attending the relatively recent draw at Berwick... I'm sad to report that unless I get to Annan away in the penultimate game, I think my season's tally of games attended will remain at double figures on nine, instead of the illustrious voluptuously double figure of a nice round-arsed 10.

So hopefully I get to that Annan un n see the hardcore away support one final time in my first 'proper' season watching your club, after my initial introduction to Central Park a year ago this week.

Aside from being overwhelmed by FC United's impending relegation, and thanking Cowdenbeath FC for providing a footballing salvation for me over the last 12 months whilst getting in 11 games altogether on five different grounds in this past crazy year, I want to thank everyone who has made me feel so much apart of your Cowden family and will leave you for the next few weeks with a couple of pictures....

The first, and though am  no fan of private plates, is one I spotted the other day on an auction site and made me do what of those proper snot laughs… or a LOL as they might otherwise be known these days

Whilst the second is of a face you might recognize if you've seen me at one of my last couple of games, and possibly the latest number one Cowdenbeath fan, my mate Blind Paul enjoying his scran at Berwick, who instantly caught the bug after attending a game with me this season and already can't wait for his next match - Paul being the seventh Cowden Red' I've dragged along to a game this season, all but one of whom have returned (the other was me mate's Celtic-supporting Weedgie cousin at Albion Rovers!)…

Ro all I've met along this bonkers journey... thank you, and keep flying  that Cowden flag... and hopefully see you again soon

(The Blue Brazil - even the blind can see!)

coo shed.jpg

IMAG0402.jpg

Always a pleasure bud

48 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

It’s not that long ago that we played Elgin off the park. What’s happened since then? 

Was at that game too. Along with the Rangers game which we lost, the only games I have come away from this year and thought that was a decent performance.

9 hours ago, big al said:

Was at that game too. Along with the Rangers game which we lost, the only games I have come away from this year and thought that was a decent performance.

Wasn’t that much difference in the team on Wednesday that played against Elgin. We should have done much better.

Edited by Aberdeen Cowden
Typo

Didn't deserve to lose that today. 2 mistakes for the goals. First a long punt which McGurn didn't come for and the 2nd saw Cox lose the ball on the edge of our box. Bollan missed a tricky rebound which was technically a tap in.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Didn't deserve to lose that today. 2 mistakes for the goals. First a long punt which McGurn didn't come for and the 2nd saw Cox lose the ball on the edge of our box. Bollan missed a tricky rebound which was technically a tap in.

Aye, who’d think Peterheid would get a goal from hoof ball. Don’t blame McGurn though, where  were our defenders? We had enough of them and Rory isn’t the fastest these days.After scoring such a good equaliser we gave away such a silly goal. Passing the ball about on the edge of our box isn’t the best idea.

46 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Aye, who’d think Peterheid would get a goal from hoof ball. Don’t blame McGurn though, where  were our defenders? We had enough of them and Rory isn’t the fastest these days.After scoring such a good equaliser we gave away such a silly goal. Passing the ball about on the edge of our box isn’t the best idea.

Bollan hates getting caught passing the ball in the defensive or middle third and losing it. The fact it lead to a goal just gives him justification for the direct back to front long ball game.

7 hours ago, The Minertaur said:
8 hours ago, wulliemc said:
Not making it today, at a wedding. Is Renton injuref?

Yeah he's injured. He's scouting for us at the Edinburgh game!

aye, the big lad was spotted at Shielfield. Some of us had a wee chat- he's a good guy.