Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

1 hour ago, CowdenPhil said:

I'd say the target for this season was mid table mediocrity. We are not as good as some folk on here think we are. Disappointing way we were turned over but Annan are a solid side and have been challenging for a play off spot last few seasons. I don't see what the fuss over Harvey Swann is. To me he is too inconsistent and makes silly defensive mistakes and does not work hard enough. However, he should have played LB yesterday. Pyper has been solid all season and has improved over this last season, imho. Too early to make a judgement on Jamie Todd & Luc Bollan.  

Bollan did make a mistake in not putting Malcolm in midfield, that is where he is most effective. A frustrating day but we did play well in some spells of the game. 

Phil as you say  Pyper has been solid all season  and fir me an undervalued asset, that said he is not flawless r without fault  but honestly gives his all exactly what I need. I must concede a level of frustration at fan who damn him before he's pn the pitch and seem to blame him for the failure of Brexit to Global warming!

Oh and yes look  facts first pen conceded last Saturday, also look & bookings/red cards  versus peer group 

Edited by Blue Oktober

2 hours ago, Blue Oktober said:

No issue with your thoughts on Henvey or Allan as factual evidence supports those views based on current performance. With regards to Sheerin at the risk of labouring a point and genuinely sorry to say failed to make any impression against an EOS side some weeks and last week against a Tayside Junior side  a step below EOS. Once again a great guy and I really wish he could feature & do a job however the facts are the facts.

Then we should release Sheerin. If he can't get fit, we don't need passengers.

2 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Phil as you say  Pyper has been solid all season  and fir me an undervalued asset, that said he is not flawless r without fault  but honestly gives his all exactly what I need. I must concede a level of frustration at fan who damn him before he's pn the pitch and seem to blame him for the failure of Brexit to Global warming!

Pyper does give his all and it can't be easy if he pays any attention to the comments on here, but he does have a habit of making silly fouls instead of just trying to block the player.

1 minute ago, PELE said:

Pyper does give his all and it can't be easy if he pays any attention to the comments on here, but he does have a habit of making silly fouls instead of just trying to block the player.

Thanks mate  yes not perfect but in terms of costing his team look at the stats yellow /red cards  versus his team members? suggest some of these fouls not a bit smarter than first impression suggest at times. I also know that  Robbie Deas whom I think we all agree is a class act enjoys playing along side hi. Not suggesting he is a modern day saint but neither the devil incarnate that some would suggest

3 minutes ago, PELE said:

How long do you give though? 

Just now, Blue Oktober said:

Thanks mate  yes not perfect but in terms of costing his team look at the stats yellow /red cards  versus his team members? suggest some of these fouls not a bit smarter than first impression suggest at times. I also know that  Robbie Deas whom I think we all agree is a class act enjoys playing along side hi. Not suggesting he is a modern day saint but neither the devil incarnate that some would suggest

That is the challenge my view would put him ouit on loan & build from there.

There's absolutely no doubt Pyper works extremely hard for the side and never hides no matter the scoreline. A lot of players could do worse than try to emulate his attitude. However this effort is undone with quite a lot of bad errors unfortunately.

The biggest issue for me is the utter curve balls thrown by Bollan in terms of starting line ups. I'd hate to see Swann line up against us for any other side in the league.

Listening to the Lower League Ramblings podcast over the last few months and listening to the points that the lads, plus the likes of Bobby Barr make about Bollan, I’m stunned that he tolerates Sheerin being in such a state.

Well, he hasn’t played for months so no need to be stunned.

2 hours ago, onecowden said:

Well, he hasn’t played for months so no need to be stunned.

That's absolutely no excuse. He is paid by Cowdenbeath and is disrespecting the club by not being in the right shape to be considered for selection. 

I'd be happy if he was released today. He's no use to us unless he gets fit. 

That's absolutely no excuse. He is paid by Cowdenbeath and is disrespecting the club by not being in the right shape to be considered for selection. 

I’ll remember not to use excuses in the future.

Totally agree even the fact he’s on our bench every weekend when he has zero chance of coming on much rather have muirhead on the bench and get sheerin either away on loan or released

I may be wrong but sheerin looks same size as when he joined to me. and correct me if im wrong but if it were not for sheerin it would be highly unlikely we would even be in the league. 

Scored 5 in 5 games then got a bad injury. He aint playing football and hes part time.. Already you can see where im going he doesnt have the luxury of day to day active training. He is already a big lad so not playing will kill him more than any other. I still stand by if he was to play 5-6 games in a row he is an asset. Agree no use coming off bench in current fitness state etc however. Should have sent him on loan for 1-2 months (if that could be done btw) to play a solid 6-7 games for civil service or anyone really.

58 minutes ago, NELLY said:

I may be wrong but sheerin looks same size as when he joined to me. and correct me if im wrong but if it were not for sheerin it would be highly unlikely we would even be in the league. 

Scored 5 in 5 games then got a bad injury. He aint playing football and hes part time.. Already you can see where im going he doesnt have the luxury of day to day active training. He is already a big lad so not playing will kill him more than any other. I still stand by if he was to play 5-6 games in a row he is an asset. Agree no use coming off bench in current fitness state etc however. Should have sent him on loan for 1-2 months (if that could be done btw) to play a solid 6-7 games for civil service or anyone really.

Nelly pretty much agree with all of this, facts are he is not in a shape to do job as it stands. A short loan deal LL give him game time gain match fitness  and importantly start scoring goals and rebuilding his own self belief & confidence. As you say a big factor in us still being in league two as well as getting us off to a good start. He is a good guy going through a low  & we should be looking to support him rather than cut him loose.

39 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Nelly pretty much agree with all of this, facts are he is not in a shape to do job as it stands. A short loan deal LL give him game time gain match fitness  and importantly start scoring goals and rebuilding his own self belief & confidence. As you say a big factor in us still being in league two as well as getting us off to a good start. He is a good guy going through a low  & we should be looking to support him rather than cut him loose.

Last season against Sirling he created havoc. For about 30mins the Stirling players couldn't get the ball off him. It's a real shame that it's come to this.

4 hours ago, Blue Oktober said:

Is he low in confidence? He always came across as someone who believed in his ability.