Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

My mistake I thought you were genuinely interested in how these things work - but again you demonstrate complete ignorance.  That is entirely the correct procedure - with Sun on pitch from 11 for 4/5 hours  

I'm interested in finding out whether the pitch froze up while the covers were off - rendering what you said completely meaningless - or while they were on, which would of course that they don't even work. The temperatures through the week weren't even especially low.

Unless the match gets picked up by Premier again, the club will likely miss out on a five-figure broadcasting sum, unless I'm mistaken? Whether 10k or 20k, that's a fair dunt. In any case, the game's postponement isn't ideal when you're gunning for fourth place in the league and any sort of a result from this tie would be massive for the club. There wouldn't have been a better time to play it than last night.
Its 32.5k for TV money which the club are still going to get so I think I speak for everyone here when I say GIRFUY.

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Its 32.5k for TV money which the club are still going to get so I think I speak for everyone here when I say GIRFUY.

Maybe the club can spend that money on covers which actually work, or failing that a vehicle with hotter exhaust fumes than the aforementioned silver Honda. Hopefully, anyway.

I'm interested in finding out whether the pitch froze up while the covers were off - rendering what you said completely meaningless - or while they were on, which would of course that they don't even work. The temperatures through the week weren't even especially low.
Apart from the -3 we had during most of the night.

The only thing you're interested in as acting like a fanny. Excelling thus far.

12 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Covers went down on Wednesday - in a timely manner so that was fine.  You want to do that before any frost as putting covers on frozen ground can trap frost under covers (they are a bit like a vacuum flask in terms of effect depending on temperatures).  However, on Wednesday night very high winds impacted overnight and in some areas managed to get under covers despite them being pinned and lifted them exposing some areas.  Recovered on Thursday morning but areas that had been exposed which didn’t have as much grass on them were effected.  On Friday lift covers and use sun to raise pitch temperature - that worked fine apart from two small areas on south side where perimeter wall, etc restricted amount of sun hitting those areas.  Thus if they remain firm you need to adopt some means of tackling those areas - they continued to improve and soften for a couple of hours after match was called off - helped by a light dusting of sleet - the covers were entirely effective and it was the wind that created the problem areas 

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Covers went down on Wednesday - in a timely manner so that was fine.  You want to do that before any frost as putting covers on frozen ground can trap frost under covers (they are a bit like a vacuum flask in terms of effect depending on temperatures).  However, on Wednesday night very high winds impacted overnight and in some areas managed to get under covers despite them being pinned and lifted them exposing some areas.  Recovered on Thursday morning but areas that had been exposed which didn’t have as much grass on them were effected.  On Friday lift covers and use sun to raise pitch temperature - that worked fine apart from two small areas on south side where perimeter wall, etc restricted amount of sun hitting those areas.  Thus if they remain firm you need to adopt some means of tackling those areas - they continued to improve and soften for a couple of hours after match was called off - helped by a light dusting of sleet

Thank you CC, an explanation such as that was all I was after. Sounds like the club was somewhat unfortunate with how things panned out. Maybe in the future it will be worth pinning the covers down more liberally, particularly if high winds are forecast.  

7 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Thank you CC, an explanation such as that was all I was after. Sounds like the club was somewhat unfortunate with how things panned out. Maybe in the future it will be worth pinning the covers down more liberally, particularly if high winds are forecast.  

The covers  were "literary pinned down"

Really felt for everyone connected to Cowdenbeath last night following everyone's great efforts on volunteering to protect the pitch and the hospitality efforts behind the scenes.  

It was dissapointing for the game to be called of as it was going to be a special Friday night for Cowdenbeath but its good to hear last night that Premier Sports will pick the game again so all is not lost. 

Hopefully the weather will be kind to us. 

All in all I think Cowdenbeath can be proud especially with our part time status with their efforts of doing everything that they possibly could to try ensure that the game went on. 

Perhaps as a fundraising suggestion if there are programmes left is for fans that are able to consider buying one and perhaps a fundraising suggestion for fans that are able to would be to donate £10 to Club 135 which I am going to donate to again as I would have spent a bit pre and post match on a few beverages. That way can help some of the financial loss as a result of the game being called of. 

Edited by Cowden316

16 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Really felt for everyone connected to Cowdenbeath last night following everyone's great efforts on volunteering to protect the pitch and the hospitality efforts behind the scenes.  

It was dissapointing for the game to be called of as it was going to be a special Friday night for Cowdenbeath but its good to hear last night that Premier Sports will pick the game again so all is not lost. 

Hopefully the weather will be kind to us. 

All in all I think Cowdenbeath can be proud especially with our part time status with their efforts of doing everything that they possibly could to try ensure that the game went on. 

Perhaps as a fundraising suggestion if there are programmes left is for fans that are able to consider buying one and perhaps a fundraising suggestion for fans that are able to would be to donate £10 to Club 135 which I am going to donate to again as I would have spent a bit pre and post match on a few beverages. That way can help some of the financial loss as a result of the game being called of. 

Scott many thanks for your kind words which I would endorse regards programmes I would envisage that the  same programmes will be used for the rescheduled math perhaps with an update insert normally what happens in such situations.

25 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Never seen Cowden play there so it’s a good draw and it will be live on TV as well. What more can you want Andy? ;)

Seen us play there a few times in the late 80s early 90s one time they clinched promotion against us on the last day and there was something line 9k there and it was on Scotsport the next day.

Would f**k it up for traveling being on Premier Sport though;)