Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Are we trying to keep Robbie Deas? Or, are we allowed to extend his loan?

I would appeal the sending off, but we only have him for one more game I believe. I assume that was his last game for us.

53 minutes ago, PELE said:

I would appeal the sending off, but we only have him for one more game I believe. I assume that was his last game for us.

Wasn't it the middle of January that his loan was due to end. I'm like you I would appeal that on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Wasn't it the middle of January that his loan was due to end. I'm like you I would appeal that on Saturday.

Robbie's loan is up after the Berwick game.

My thought after the game on Saturday was that we should be appealing the sending off. Having watched it a few times now, I think it would be difficult to argue.

It's not even close to being a penalty but Deas does put his hand on Macdonald. Macdonald went down far too easily and no doubt it was simulation but the fact that Deas put his hand on him at all doesn't help. We would have to argue that it wasn't denial of a goal scoring opportunity and as Macdonald was going towards goal and would have beaten McGurn (next closest player) to the ball, it's a goal scoring opportunity.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Wouldn’t matter how incorrect the decision was. We’d have no chance with an appeal. More concerned about being able to extend his loan. If it’s a no, can’t see us getting too many more wins, he’s been outstanding.

44 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Robbie's loan is up after the Berwick game.

My thought after the game on Saturday was that we should be appealing the sending off. Having watched it a few times now, I think it would be difficult to argue.

It's not even close to being a penalty but Deas does put his hand on Macdonald. Macdonald went down far too easily and no doubt it was simulation but the fact that Deas put his hand on him at all doesn't help. We would have to argue that it wasn't denial of a goal scoring opportunity and as Macdonald was going towards goal and would have beaten McGurn (next closest player) to the ball, it's a goal scoring opportunity.

Exactly my thoughts Peaso is an experienced campaigner goes down very  easily when Robbie put his hand on him  & the referee buys it frustrating but I think a hard one to argue based on the video evidence but who knows. can only hope.Robbie looked devastated and a little bewildered but ultimately a learning experience for him exactly why he's here, hope fully we get the opportunity to extend his education.

It was never a penalty, not even in the box and more worrying is that the referee still got it woefully wrong despite having full view of it. Why are Scottish officials so abysmal?

Edited by PELE

If by any slim chance there are cup tickets left for general sale, anyone know when that would be? Are the five separate sale dates listed on the website just for priority sales?

10 minutes ago, PELE said:

If by any slim chance there are cup tickets left for general sale, anyone know when that would be? Are the five separate sale dates listed on the website just for priority sales?

That's how I read it sure it said that I was unlikely there would be a general sale.

12 minutes ago, PELE said:

Yes, all for priority sales.

I imagine if there are any tickets left, an announcement would take place with arrangements..

5 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Yes, all for priority sales.

I imagine if there are any tickets left, an announcement would take place with arrangements..

Thought so. Would have thought that the priority sales should only last a few days, then general sale. How many days do they need to get their tickets? 

34 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Yes so priority sales last a few days - 5 in fact, then there may be a general sale if any left.

Fingers crossed then.

Still don't see why we need five days for priority sales for less than 500 tickets.