Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Given average home fan numbers must be say 250 - 275 I don't see many diehards missing out. Everybody seems to like to advocate schemes that see them benefit. There is no perfect solution - the one we are using is pretty fair. 100 club and Bonus Ball are both one ticket per member - thus multiple memberships don't impact. If you have two season tickets though you qualify for a ticket for each - 4 or 5 people have two in their own names.

I am not advocating a free for all. Why not give out vouchers to those attending games for the opportunity to buy a cup ticket. I doubt Sevco fans are that desperate to get a ticket that they will attend our games to get a voucher.
Basically, if you have money you are alright. Is our gate money not also used to help the club pay it's way?
So, we won't see any friends and family who never usually go in attendance at the cup match then.

Yes gate money helps so does lottery money and 50/50 and club 135 and donations and merchandise purchases and lots of other sources.

I have no problem with any of this.

I made the comment about the general gate to my wife earlier and that out of the truly regular crowd I would be surprised if anyone would miss out.

I havent defined truly regular before anyone asks.

9 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

I have no problem with any of this.

I made the comment about the general gate to my wife earlier and that out of the truly regular crowd I would be surprised if anyone would miss out.

I havent defined truly regular before anyone asks.

If no tickets are likely to be on general sale, then that won't be the case.

Never going to please everyone with ticket allocation and there is no perfect solution. However, putting tickets on general sale is the worst solution in my view as will just allow local Rangers fans to buy Cowden tickets. That’s what happened  in the championship.

the fans with the fortunate ability to buy multiple tickets should be encouraged to sell to Cowden fans. Could maybe be organised via Facebook ?

i don’t however think there will be many core supporters not in 100 club etc. 

I am not advocating a free for all. Why not give out vouchers to those attending games for the opportunity to buy a cup ticket. I doubt Sevco fans are that desperate to get a ticket that they will attend our games to get a voucher.
Basically, if you have money you are alright. Is our gate money not also used to help the club pay it's way?
So, we won't see any friends and family who never usually go in attendance at the cup match then.
I'd have thought vouchers would have been the obvious solution. My Dad's mate has had a season ticket for years but this season didn't bother due to a combination of getting older and missing a lot of early season and late season games when he plays bowls. He still goes to the majority of home games though. He's highly unlikely to be able to get a ticket when they go on general sale.

The board are 100% bang on the money with this. Anyone that thinks a Cowden ‘diehard’ is missing out is kidding themselves on. The comments on Facebook are embarrassing too - clearly Rangers fans from the town that go to one or two games expecting a home end ticket. 

11 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
3 hours ago, PELE said:

I'd have thought vouchers would have been the obvious solution. My Dad's mate has had a season ticket for years but this season didn't bother due to a combination of getting older and missing a lot of early season and late season games when he plays bowls. He still goes to the majority of home games though. He's highly unlikely to be able to get a ticket when they go on general sale.

Voucher system so Rangers fans from the town can turn up to one game and get a ticket? The system is fair as it is. Sorry your dad can’t make it but that is the way it goes. 

The board are 100% bang on the money with this. Anyone that thinks a Cowden ‘diehard’ is missing out is kidding themselves on. The comments on Facebook are embarrassing too - clearly Rangers fans from the town that go to one or two games expecting a home end ticket. 

This. Claiming we should get the terracing and jobs for the boys were particular highlights among some of the verbal diarrhoea being spouted.

A quick check of a few profiles unearthed some rather colourful flags too.

Some folk are simply too thick to see the bigger picture unfortunately.

9 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

This. Claiming we should get the terracing and jobs for the boys were particular highlights among some of the verbal diarrhoea being spouted.

A quick check of a few profiles unearthed some rather colourful flags too.

Some folk are simply too thick to see the bigger picture unfortunately.

My favourite was a Rangers fan saying that it should be first come, first served and then asking if he gets a ticket because he has a disabled pass for the bus.

Voucher system so Rangers fans from the town can turn up to one game and get a ticket? The system is fair as it is. Sorry your dad can’t make it but that is the way it goes. 
First it's not my Dad, second I'm not saying there should be a voucher for one game. The draw was made when, November 24th? Since then you've had three home games I think. Even allowing for the first one being too soon, you could have two vouchers made, with holders of two getting first dibs after season ticket holders etc. then holders of one getting any remaining. I'd be amazed if any Sevco fans would actually pay to watch a Cowden game just to get a ticket for the Cup game let alone two btw. And even if they did, at least you'd have their money for an additional game or two. It's certainly a lot less likely Sevco fans getting into the home end doing that than by having a general sale of what's left.

31 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
11 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

First it's not my Dad, second I'm not saying there should be a voucher for one game. The draw was made when, November 24th? Since then you've had three home games I think. Even allowing for the first one being too soon, you could have two vouchers made, with holders of two getting first dibs after season ticket holders etc. then holders of one getting any remaining. I'd be amazed if any Sevco fans would actually pay to watch a Cowden game just to get a ticket for the Cup game let alone two btw. And even if they did, at least you'd have their money for an additional game or two. It's certainly a lot less likely Sevco fans getting into the home end doing that than by having a general sale of what's left.

If your dad’s mate was a season ticket holder for years he must know someone who is eligible for tickets that can get him one. Cowden have such a small support genuine fans would help each other out in the unlikely event someone misses out. 

I’d wager Cowdenbeath/Rangers fans from the town would turn up to one of these games if it guaranteed them a ticket, doesn’t make it right. It is also a good way for the board to promote the schemes that they run to supplement the club’s income. £10 a month gets you into a prize draw and guarantees you a ticket for big games. Seems a bargain to me. 

If your dad’s mate was a season ticket holder for years he must know someone who is eligible for tickets that can get him one. Cowden have such a small support genuine fans would help each other out in the unlikely event someone misses out. 
I’d wager Cowdenbeath/Rangers fans from the town would turn up to one of these games if it guaranteed them a ticket, doesn’t make it right. It is also a good way for the board to promote the schemes that they run to supplement the club’s income. £10 a month gets you into a prize draw and guarantees you a ticket for big games. Seems a bargain to me. 
He may well do, although going by what he was saying as we were at my old man's exchanging Christmas presents he's not confident. He usually goes by himself on the bus from Kelty and doesn't really talk to many folk at the games so I'm not sure if he'll be able to get someone to get him one. I'd also not consider £10 a month a bargain for a pensioner with little disposable income - a prize draw which he's unlikely to win and guaranteed tickets to big games? How many "big games" have needed this type of thing to happen in the last decade? The play-off away leg two years ago naybe and...?

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

a prize draw which he's unlikely to win

Why is he unlikely to win? He's got as much chance to win it as anyone else.

He may well do, although going by what he was saying as we were at my old man's exchanging Christmas presents he's not confident. He usually goes by himself on the bus from Kelty and doesn't really talk to many folk at the games so I'm not sure if he'll be able to get someone to get him one. I'd also not consider £10 a month a bargain for a pensioner with little disposable income - a prize draw which he's unlikely to win and guaranteed tickets to big games? How many "big games" have needed this type of thing to happen in the last decade? The play-off away leg two years ago naybe and...?

And 6 games v Rangers, Hibs and Hearts in championship, Hibs in Scottish Cup, some Dunfermline games

Just had a look at Facebook, some comments.

I generally think the solution for tickets makes a lot of sense. Its Impossible to please everyone so I suppose the main losers here are people who pay on the day (like me at the moment due to work) but those who give most to the club are getting something for that now which is fine.

TBH I'm not actually that bothered if I cant source a ticket as I prefer league football anyway and dont particularly like sitting at the game either.