Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Wish the Hamilton away game recorded
Kane and Greg were unplayable - 4 up, both had to go off and they got it back to 4-3   

Just showed how important they were to us. The two of them were simply a cut above anyone else we had in that squad. To think Rangers allowed us to have Hemmings and replace him with overpaid shit.

The Brechin away game in the playoff final would have been good footage too. Someone must still have it recorded on Alba?

Now there's a question for everybody on here.  What was your first ever away game?
Fairly sure CC took me to a 3-0 loss at East Stirlingshire? My bro and I were more interested in kicking a bottle around on the terraces than the game itself!
Mine would have I think a fife cup final at EEP. Beat Dunfermline 3-1. Recall running onto the pitch at the end as well to see the presentation.

My first away game was against the townies at starks park in the cup.

i put it as my 2nd favourite away day ever. 

Sell out 7500 crowd under the lights. We were div2 they were premier. We gave them a game and Eric did OBoyle. For me that was the last game of the Cowden generation of fans(and songs) before my time.

obvioulsy the favourite was eep 3-0 game 

and 3rd favourite was Alloa 92.

Edited by big al

Favourite away game was probably the win at Hamilton in 2013. The sheer unexpected nature of it will never be topped for me. Some day.

Winning 7-5 at Brechin and 5-2 at Berwick were also toppers. 

Edit: Jordan Morton didn’t get enough credit eh. What a player he was. 

Edited by Muzza81

Favourite away game was probably the win at Hamilton in 2013. The sheer unexpected nature of it will never be topped for me. Some day.
Again, another player I think we got to see the best of. When he was in the mood he was a joy to watch. Wonder where he is now.

We’ve had some magical days Muzz
As someone mentioned earlier Brechin away in play offs was another cracker

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:
2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Again, another player I think we got to see the best of. When he was in the mood he was a joy to watch. Wonder where he is now.

Cambuslang Rangers. 

3 hours ago, vince sinclair said:

We’ve had some magical days Muzz
As someone mentioned earlier Brechin away in play offs was another cracker

Yes, that was a great day, Vince. Big  Gareth Wardlaw bullied the Brechin defence. Wardlaw had a tremendous work rate - defending from the front, never giving opposing defenders peace. At the final whistle we all ran on to the pitch. We've had some tortuous seasons, but also some great times.

Play-off winners pic.png

tenors.jpg

On 22 December 2018 at 01:10, big al said:

My first away game was against the townies at starks park in the cup.

i put it as my 2nd favourite away day ever. 

Sell out 7500 crowd under the lights. We were div2 they were premier. We gave them a game and Eric did OBoyle. For me that was the last game of the Cowden generation of fans(and songs) before my time.

obvioulsy the favourite was eep 3-0 game 

and 3rd favourite was Alloa 92.

I remember that game at Starks really well. O Boyle had a bad leg break. We competed well but ultimately they were spending big on players  and we were overpowered . 

Still a great memory though. It's weird how you can forget games and then when somebody brings them up you can remember being there like it was yesterday. The atmosphere was great before kick off. Just thinking about it now sends shivers up my spine.

Just now, Only coo in the village said:

I remember that game at Starks really well. O Boyle had a bad leg break. We competed well but ultimately they were spending big on players  and we were overpowered . 

Still a great memory though. It's weird how you can forget games and then when somebody brings them up you can remember being there like it was yesterday. The atmosphere was great before kick off. Just thinking about it now sends shivers up my spine.

We gave O'Boyle some stick, but he still managed a grin and a wave to us from the stretcher as he was being carried off.

Day 17 - No words needed....

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Day 18 - who doesn't love a last minute winner?

Spoiler

Day 19 - another win over Livingston!

Spoiler

Day 20 - Greg Stewart...giphy.gif

Spoiler

Day 21 - a win down in England

Spoiler

I see there already unhappy people regarding the ticket situation for the Rangers game. In my opinion, the board have got it bang on. Someone who goes every week but not a part of any of the schemes required to get a ticket is not any more or less a supporter than someone who is a part of the various schemes. It would appear it is simply a reward for those who are contributing the most financially to the club.

It also minimises the likelihood of Rangers supporters without the bus fare getting a ticket in the home end - which may have seen plenty people not part of the initiatives lose out anyway!

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I see there already unhappy people regarding the ticket situation for the Rangers game. In my opinion, the board have got it bang on. Someone who goes every week but not a part of any of the schemes required to get a ticket is not any more or less a supporter than someone who is a part of the various schemes. It would appear it is simply a reward for those who are contributing the most financially to the club.

It also minimises the likelihood of Rangers supporters without the bus fare getting a ticket in the home end - which may have seen plenty people not part of the initiatives lose out anyway!

I would agree if those contributing were limited to one ticket. Basically, those who can currently afford to buy a season ticket or contribute to these schemes are treated more favourably than those who cannot afford to do so, but follow the team regularly. Why would they need more than one ticket? To give to someone who doesn't usually go. Total contradiction.

I would agree if those contributing were limited to one ticket. Basically, those who can currently afford to buy a season ticket or contribute to these schemes are treated more favourably than those who cannot afford to do so, but follow the team regularly. Why would they need more than one ticket? To give to someone who doesn't usually go. Total contradiction.

No it isn't it makes sure Cowdenbeath tickets largely go to Cowden fans and these fans can sell their extra tickets to Cowden fans who don't qualify because they will tend to best know who are the people who attend games or are loyal fans who don't live locally nowadays. Otherwise you are advocating a free for all where lots of tickets are snapped up by Rangers fans rather than Cowden fans in the first place. Then again it is also a reward for fans who contribute to these schemes which do so much to help the club survive and pay its way

3 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

No it isn't it makes sure Cowdenbeath tickets largely go to Cowden fans and these fans can sell their extra tickets to Cowden fans who don't qualify because they will tend to best know who are the people who attend games or are loyal fans who don't live locally nowadays. Otherwise you are advocating a free for all where lots of tickets are snapped up by Rangers fans rather than Cowden fans in the first place. Then again it is also a reward for fans who contribute to these schemes which do so much to help the club survive and pay its way

I am not advocating a free for all. Why not give out vouchers to those attending games for the opportunity to buy a cup ticket. I doubt Sevco fans are that desperate to get a ticket that they will attend our games to get a voucher.

Basically, if you have money you are alright. Is our gate money not also used to help the club pay it's way?

So, we won't see any friends and family who never usually go in attendance at the cup match then.