Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Was told TV games are 32k each and we get 20 k for getting into this round.

tv money used to be a lot bigger but clubs voted it to be a smaller amount and more money goes to each team as they qualify for each round instead.

i presume this applies to premier sports games. Obviously there are others better placed than me to confirm or correct this.

Was told TV games are 32k each and we get 20 k for getting into this round.
tv money used to be a lot bigger but clubs voted it to be a smaller amount and more money goes to each team as they qualify for each round instead.
i presume this applies to premier sports games. Obviously there are others better placed than me to confirm or correct this.

You are more or less correct Al - each club in the 4 live televised games gets £32.5k (net - so no VAT to be be paid). Each club in this round also receives £20k from the SFA (increased from previous £9k). Clubs used to get £82.5k if in a live game but clubs agreed to amend that from last season with more being distributed per each round and less per live game

48 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

You are more or less correct Al - each club in the 4 live televised games gets £32.5k (net - so no VAT to be be paid). Each club in this round also receives £20k from the SFA (increased from previous £9k). Clubs used to get £82.5k if in a live game but clubs agreed to amend that from last season with more being distributed per each round and less per live game

I was listening!

The benefit of beating Clyde a couple of rounds ago so apparent now. 

We’ve been a poor cup team mostly over the years so it makes a nice change.

9 hours ago, Drifter said:

By the way, does anyone know when the cup time and date will be confirmed? I'm really hoping I can get a train booked before the prices get stupid

If you want to do it on the cheap, use Megabus.

Just booked my train up on the Friday and back on Saturday... and though not ideal, other than the unlikely three o'clock on a Saturday scenario, this is a better option for me than an early Saturday or Sunday match so, despite the financial burden for a game I fully expect the team I'm supportin to lose (though I'll be puttin a few quid on a draw to pay for a potential replay if it happens), I can't wait for this, and, hopefully, a good night under the Central Park lights for what will probably be the biggest crowd I'm likely to see at the ground.

And along with the financial windfall, hopefully a portion of that could be invested into the team over the next few months/summer to help push on to that next league level once again,

As I said at the start of the season, embrace these positive times because you've suffered enough these last few years!

Edited by Drifter

16 hours ago, PELE said:

If you want to do it on the cheap, use Megabus.

Don't think if I could tolerate half a day on the Megabus, there and back pal, before spending an evening within breathing distance of that lot lot... so train via Edinburgh it is... and another game to be squeezed in on the Saturday before heading back. Thinking Bo'ness against Dundonald Bluebell (I think), unless anyone has any better grounds or games I can head to the day after Cowden's cup shock?!

19 hours ago, Drifter said:

Just booked my train up on the Friday and back on Saturday... and though not ideal, other than the unlikely three o'clock on a Saturday scenario, this is a better option for me than an early Saturday or Sunday match so, despite the financial burden for a game I fully expect the team I'm supportin to lose (though I'll be puttin a few quid on a draw to pay for a potential replay if it happens), I can't wait for this, and, hopefully, a good night under the Central Park lights for what will probably be the biggest crowd I'm likely to see at the ground.

And along with the financial windfall, hopefully a portion of that could be invested into the team over the next few months/summer to help push on to that next league level once again,

As I said at the start of the season, embrace these positive times because you've suffered enough these last few years!

Nice 1 mate

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

Don't think if I could tolerate half a day on the Megabus, there and back pal, before spending an evening within breathing distance of that lot lot... so train via Edinburgh it is... and another game to be squeezed in on the Saturday before heading back. Thinking Bo'ness against Dundonald Bluebell (I think), unless anyone has any better grounds or games I can head to the day after Cowden's cup shock?!

Bo'ness is a decent non league ground the one that the original side played in on in the SFL back in the 1920s although most of the old stand is gone and just the bottom bit where the dressing rooms are (a bit like Workington's).

Never seen the other fixtures for that day i'll have a look and get back to you!

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Bo'ness is a decent non league ground the one that the original side played in on in the SFL back in the 1920s although most of the old stand is gone and just the bottom bit where the dressing rooms are (a bit like Workington's).

Never seen the other fixtures for that day i'll have a look and get back to you!

Thanks Andy, a mate from Eyemouth recommended Bo'Ness if I'm in the vicinity. He proposed watching 'the Moof' there, but as Cowden are laying at home around the same time, there's no way I'd be over the water for that whist the Blue Brazil are strutting their stuff. My other match would be Hibs-Elgin (going full circle on first Cowden match on the watch back from watching the Hibees and seeing Cowden finally win against 'the Cobblers'). And I noticed Hearts of Beath are at home, along with  a Fife derby with Raith and Dundermline in the Cup,  but considering the bag I'll be carrying will be mostly filled with Cowden related contents that's probably not the best plan,,,, so I reckon a trek into Bo'Ness and a classic old ground might be the one to keep me out of pubs fora couple of hours/shake off the previous day's hangover!

Edited by Drifter

Thank Andy, a mate from Eyemouth recommended Bo'Ness if I'm in the vicinity. He proposed watching 'the Moof' there, but as Cowden are laying at home around the same time, there's no way I'd be over the water for that whist the Blue Brazil are strutting their stuff. My other match would be Hibs-Elgin (going full circle on first Cowden match on the watch back from watching the Hibees and seeing Cowden finally win against 'the Cobblers'). And I noticed Hearts of Beath are at home, along with  a Fife derby with Raith and Dundermline in the Cup,  but considering the bag I'll be carrying will be mostly filled with Cowden related contents that's probably not the best plan,,,, so I reckon a trek into Bo'Ness and a classic old ground might be the one to keep me out of pubs fora couple of hours/shake off the previous day's hangover!
You'd be fine at Stark's Park for the Raith v Dunfermline game even with a bag full of Cowden gear. Especially if you were to go into the Main Stand. It's quite a quirky set up with an odd, L-shaped stand in the corner and another stand that is unused. It also has the added advantage of being not too far a walk from Kirkcady train station where there are regular trains to Edinbugh and onwards back home.

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
58 minutes ago, Drifter said:
Thank Andy, a mate from Eyemouth recommended Bo'Ness if I'm in the vicinity. He proposed watching 'the Moof' there, but as Cowden are laying at home around the same time, there's no way I'd be over the water for that whist the Blue Brazil are strutting their stuff. My other match would be Hibs-Elgin (going full circle on first Cowden match on the watch back from watching the Hibees and seeing Cowden finally win against 'the Cobblers'). And I noticed Hearts of Beath are at home, along with  a Fife derby with Raith and Dundermline in the Cup,  but considering the bag I'll be carrying will be mostly filled with Cowden related contents that's probably not the best plan,,,, so I reckon a trek into Bo'Ness and a classic old ground might be the one to keep me out of pubs fora couple of hours/shake off the previous day's hangover!

You'd be fine at Stark's Park for the Raith v Dunfermline game even with a bag full of Cowden gear. Especially if you were to go into the Main Stand. It's quite a quirky set up with an odd, L-shaped stand in the corner and another stand that is unused. It also has the added advantage of being not too far a walk from Kirkcady train station where there are regular trains to Edinbugh and onwards back home.

Cheers pal, could be an option as it's a ground I definitely want to visit - but hopefully for a Cowden game one day in the not too distant future! However, there's a memorial in Kirkcaldy to honour the International Bridge members from Fife who fought fascism in the Spanish Civil War that I intent to visit soon, so who knows. After  a Cowden-Sevco clash the night before, though, I might just be in need of the tranquility of junior football and Bo'Ness!

Edited by Drifter