Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

On 12/05/2019 at 21:08, big al said:

Out in edinburgh yesterday, bumped into Kris Renton, had a quick drink with him. Good lad.

then later bumped into Chris Kane and had a chat. Leaving East Fife, would be a good centre half for us!

Read Luc Bollan released by Dundee Utd, no idea if he would return to us but would be a good signing.

Rumoured Kane might be coming to Kelty - we will see tomorrow. Would certainly be a good signing for Cowden and a great signing for us.

12 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Rumoured Kane might be coming to Kelty - we will see tomorrow. Would certainly be a good signing for Cowden and a great signing for us.

He said Airdrie and another team had made him an offer. Can’t rememeber who, may have been Kelty?

32 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

‘Great’ is maybe overstating it a bit. He would do a solid enough job for you I’m sure but not one to get excited about. 

27 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

‘Great’ is maybe overstating it a bit. He would do a solid enough job for you I’m sure but not one to get excited about. 

Granted I've only seen him a couple of times but in the Lowland league he should be pretty good no? If you've seen more of him I'll bow to your knowledge though.

14 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Granted I've only seen him a couple of times but in the Lowland league he should be pretty good no? If you've seen more of him I'll bow to your knowledge though.

I just think he’s a solid type player and won’t stand out like your Eastons or Lintons should at that level. Seen plenty guys like him do okay in the leagues then drop down and just do okay again in the ‘non leagues’.

Definitely not sustainable for them. Unreal wages.

That’s the way now though. It’s called progress. It’s supposedly so good for Scottish football. Get rid of teams who try to live within their means and replace them with clubs who..........well don’t.

15 minutes ago, onecowden said:

That’s the way now though. It’s called progress. It’s supposedly so good for Scottish football. Get rid of teams who try to live within their means and replace them with clubs who..........well don’t.

I must have missed when Cowdenbeath became sustainable on their six figure losses each season with over 50k prize money given to them. 

And that’s just to stand still. Not a club looking to get out a league with a pittance off prize money on offer compared to club 42 above receiving £43k each season for being terrible.

I must have missed when Cowdenbeath became sustainable on their six figure losses each season with over 50k prize money given to them. 
And that’s just to stand still. Not a club looking to get out a league with a pittance off prize money on offer compared to club 42 above receiving £43k each season for being terrible.

Fair point. I was generalising though. I wasn’t having a dig at anyone in particular and wasn’t writing from my own clubs perspective. However it’s undeniable that my club specifically are not in a good place financially.

Interesting comment from the Cove assistant manager in today’s P&J talking about Berwick and the game against Cowden last season “So we will show them(Berwick) every respect at full-time regardless of the score - we won’t treat them the way we were treated” !!!

Wonder what would happen if Cove lost again?

Makes for  some exciting games next season.

Interesting comment from the Cove assistant manager in today’s P&J talking about Berwick and the game against Cowden last season “So we will show them(Berwick) every respect at full-time regardless of the score - we won’t treat them the way we were treated” !!!
Wonder what would happen if Cove lost again?
Makes for  some exciting games next season.

Cove officials rewriting history. I’m not shocked.

7 hours ago, onecowden said:

Cove officials rewriting history. I’m not shocked.

rewrite all they like-their heads gone towards the final whistle are on film and the actions taken by the ref are a matter of record.The HFL are glad to be rid of them and not just because of their recent domination of that league

10 hours ago, onecowden said:

What clubs in Scotland are living within their means?