• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Drifter

Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

I think it's a good thing we still have Muirhead.  We're really short up front with only Sheerin, Renton, Cox, Allan and Henvey…..

My personal opinion is that Bollan has done his Job. Lifted a team from doldrums of bottom of the league 2 years in a row to a position where we dont have to worry about relegation. However he has been backed superbly and on paper we should be doing slightly better not massively but slightly. I dont think Donald will be happy he seems to always say we are going for promotion.. 

Bollan has a team which is not now timid or light. We are a hardworking team with battlers. A couple of seasons ago we moaned we were the opposite. Now is the time to find the balance and build towards next year.

Still a quarter of season to go so for me if Bollan could finish 6th it would be a successful season especially with the rangers cup money in bag also. Im pretty sure there would be another overhaul of players next season. If he can keep Fraser/Allan/mullen/swann/cox amongst others but tweak the forward line and wide players.

We need to realise as a team we are not good enough currently to compete with the top 2-3 teams over a season. However strike that with we shouldnt expect to go from 2 years bottom of the league to being league 2 champions or fantastic team to watch. Bollans teams will never be like that. 

I think Bollan is 7 out of 10 for the job he has done. He would get an 8 if he finishes 5th or 6th.

I still think as a club our overhaul of players during a season is too large but maybe the nature of part time football and the lower leagues.

Confident we will beat Berwick on Saturday then all will be rosy again.........

12 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Anyone who was at the Elgin game must be wondering what is going on. I’m not even confident that we’ll beat Berwick.

Same here. I think it's 50/50.

Anyone who was at the Elgin game must be wondering what is going on. I’m not even confident that we’ll beat Berwick.

Why? We have lost to the Top 4 - who are better than us, lost to Rangers, beaten Berwick and Albion Rovers plus drawn v Queens Park who are useful at home. Other than Stirling Albion game nothing too surprising

According to Scottish Gossip on the BBC, Greg Stewart is in the frame for an international call up. Well deserved imo.

Thought we were the better side first half without being great, and that their goal was offside.

The 2nd half yesterday was a tough watch. Very little football played

Didnt like the shape with 3 centre half’s and we were very wasteful passing the ball.

Enjoyed a good day out in berwick with all the lads and it would be a shame to lose that trip if they go down.

25 minutes ago, big al said:

Thought we were the better side first half without being great, and that their goal was offside.

The 2nd half yesterday was a tough watch. Very little football played

Didnt like the shape with 3 centre half’s and we were very wasteful passing the ball.

Enjoyed a good day out in berwick with all the lads and it would be a shame to lose that trip if they go down.

You can still have a day out there if they go down.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

You can still have a day out there if they go down.

True but probably won’t happen. 

Much better going to Berwick the EK!

1 minute ago, big al said:

True but probably won’t happen. 

Much better going to Berwick the EK!

I would prefer a day out in Berwick than either EK or Cove. Will probably head down if they do end up in the play off final.

4 hours ago, onecowden said:

According to Scottish Gossip on the BBC, Greg Stewart is in the frame for an international call up. Well deserved imo.

Hasn’t been the player he was with Dundee or Cowden! That’s a surprise, hope he gets it.

Hasn’t been the player he was with Dundee or Cowden! That’s a surprise, hope he gets it.

He was on fire at Kilmarnock - then McInnes takes him again and once more plays him in a set up that doesn't really work for Greg same as Birmingham did. Dundee and Killie set up to benefit from Greg's play and the players Scotland have would also dovetail better with Greg

8 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

He was on fire at Kilmarnock - then McInnes takes him again and once more plays him in a set up that doesn't really work for Greg same as Birmingham did. Dundee and Killie set up to benefit from Greg's play and the players Scotland have would also dovetail better with Greg

Iv been to a couple of Aberdeen games recently and it would help him if Cosgrove has more pace and movement beyond the centre half’s. Saying that he’s still doing quite well, probably better than his first time there.

I agree with this. I was surprised when he went back there. McInnes tactics don’t suit.

7 hours ago, big al said:

When I saw the line up, I assumed that we were going 3-5-2 but we went went a back four and had Deas playing left back.

Deas doesn't look comfortable there at all and it shows. He's our best defender, possibly our best player so why are we forcing him out to left back to accommodate Todd (who isn't great) and the manager's son? Play your best players in their best positions.

12 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

When I saw the line up, I assumed that we were going 3-5-2 but we went went a back four and had Deas playing left back.

Deas doesn't look comfortable there at all and it shows. He's our best defender, possibly our best player so why are we forcing him out to left back to accommodate Todd (who isn't great) and the manager's son? Play your best players in their best positions.

In fairness to Deas I thought he was excellent on Saturday and got forward really well.  I'd rather he was at centre half but he did well.

13 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

When Deas arrived he started at LB but wasn’t that impressive. As soon as he went to CH our results improved. Left back continues to be a problem position, hopefully  Talbot returns soon.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

In fairness to Deas I thought he was excellent on Saturday and got forward really well.  I'd rather he was at centre half but he did well.

He was fine but looked like a CB playing at LB. He got caught out a few times as his positioning wasn't great but that's to be expecting when playing in an unfamiliar position. 

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

When Deas arrived he started at LB but wasn’t that impressive. As soon as he went to CH our results improved. Left back continues to be a problem position, hopefully  Talbot returns soon.

Talbot won't play again this season so may have played his last game for us. 

4 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

He was fine but looked like a CB playing at LB. He got caught out a few times as his positioning wasn't great but that's to be expecting when playing in an unfamiliar position. 

Talbot won't play again this season so may have played his last game for us. 

Well, every right winger we play against is going to be very good!