Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

43 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

What is it with allan being on the bench recently he’s miles better than the front 3 that’s starting

Every time I’ve seen Allan he’s been very good. I did wonder if he’s carrying an injury?

7 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I'll be making the trip down from Aberdeen.  If I see you I'll be sure to say hi.  Would be good to put a face to the name!

Superb. will be good to meet you. I shouldn't be too difficult to miss. I'll probably be the blind drunk bloke next to the drunk blind bloke!

(though that might apply a few of us on Saturday, in all fairness)

Looked promising at the start. Stopped with the hoofball and everyone looked up for the game. That quickly changed and we resorted to type.

I assume Allan was injured and where was Henvey? Has he asked to go back to Dundee? Wouldn't blame him. Or, has the loan finished? He was in their under 20 squad this afternoon. Sheerin gets heehaw time again and still looks more dangerous than Renton.

Why do we keep hoofing the ball to the opposition? The game was over after Lennox more or less passed it to the Peterhead player.

Don't know what game Bollan was watching based on his after match interview. Their first goal was a bit like the equaliser on Saturday for Stirling. Nobody tracking the runner from the middle. Second goal Mullen no pace to even try to put a challenge in.

Edited by PELE

6 minutes ago, Cowden loyal brethern said:

Oh dear not good must learn to pass to our own players Cox running all over with no support .Fotheringham was at least trying to lay ball off and pass he should be teaching the rest during traing he is asst coach 

Fotheringham had some good touches when he came on. Played far more advanced than I thought he would and looked decent. 

From our point of view it was job done. Poor start but at least we got the equaliser fairly quickly & settled down. We did close down better at times last night but are still prone to give the ball away too easily. Two goals & an assist from Rory just a pity our man of the match Jamie Stevenson had to go off injured.

2 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Two goals & an assist from Rory just a pity our man of the match Jamie Stevenson had to go off injured.

I genuinely think Jamie Stevenson has been man of the match in every Peterhead v Cowdenbeath match I've been at over the last few years.  Terrific player.

3 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I genuinely think Jamie Stevenson has been man of the match in every Peterhead v Cowdenbeath match I've been at over the last few years.  Terrific player.

Hopefully Jamies injury not too bad as he has been a stand out for us all season.

Last night we just have to say we were outclassed by a far better team. Its as simple as that. It shows the gulf between a top of the table team and where we are. Huge strides to go to ever win a league again. For me get Mcgurn back in team. 

Gary Fraser is our best player and would be a great player for a good team (e.g peterhead)

Renton gets stick but genuinely what do you expect him to do some of the time. Works hard and some things come off for him but in the main it doesnt. Swann got in some terrific positions last night but his final ball was shocking but the movement off the ball for him was also non existent.

Fotheringham coming on hmm. Difficult to analyse it great player but he is massively overweight we can slag sheerin but not fotheringham... If fotherhingham could even lose a stone he would be an asset as his touch and passing is a step above anyone we have in the team. If he aint gonna lose weight and not be fit he shouldnt play any time at all. Its amateurish stuff from us.

Tough night defensively for us and our defence wont play against much better forward lines or movement all season so difficult to critiscise.

Berwick away is where we need to get back on track. I would be tempted to start Sheerin give him 50 mins to bust his balls and let Renton realise he aint a guaranteed starter.. 

Mcgurn back in sticks 2. Sheerin gets stick but look at his movement when we have the ball in the wider areas he is much more pro active and sees the run he should make better than renton which is why I would give him the nod. More likely to get on the end of chances..

p.s Jamie Stevenson was superb last night as always what a great lower league player he is.

43 minutes ago, NELLY said:

Last night we just have to say we were outclassed by a far better team. Its as simple as that. It shows the gulf between a top of the table team and where we are. Huge strides to go to ever win a league again. For me get Mcgurn back in team. 

Gary Fraser is our best player and would be a great player for a good team (e.g peterhead)

Renton gets stick but genuinely what do you expect him to do some of the time. Works hard and some things come off for him but in the main it doesnt. Swann got in some terrific positions last night but his final ball was shocking but the movement off the ball for him was also non existent.

Fotheringham coming on hmm. Difficult to analyse it great player but he is massively overweight we can slag sheerin but not fotheringham... If fotherhingham could even lose a stone he would be an asset as his touch and passing is a step above anyone we have in the team. If he aint gonna lose weight and not be fit he shouldnt play any time at all. Its amateurish stuff from us.

Tough night defensively for us and our defence wont play against much better forward lines or movement all season so difficult to critiscise.

Berwick away is where we need to get back on track. I would be tempted to start Sheerin give him 50 mins to bust his balls and let Renton realise he aint a guaranteed starter.. 

Mcgurn back in sticks 2. Sheerin gets stick but look at his movement when we have the ball in the wider areas he is much more pro active and sees the run he should make better than renton which is why I would give him the nod. More likely to get on the end of chances..

p.s Jamie Stevenson was superb last night as always what a great lower league player he is.

Agree 100% about McGurn, our keeper seems to have “butter fingers”at times. Not good at cross balls either although he has had some good saves.

Unless McGurn has asked to be dropped we run the risk of pissing him off and losing him in the summer (I don't think his contract extends beyond that), same with Allan. All the focus should be on building a squad for next year.

3 hours ago, NELLY said:

Yeah. Peterhead looked really fit, almost like a full time team. We looked much better at the start of the game, but they eventually started to overrun us. Some of the players do look low on confidence at times. I think Bollan, Lennox and Todd look promising, just need more game time to shake off the nerves. Bollan looks really good at times and then panics sometimes.  I am maybe a bit harsh on Renton, but it is frustrating to watch when we basically play the ball straight back to the opposition. I do think he would be better knocking the ball onto two strikers. He knocked the ball onto Sheerin on Saturday and we almost scored. Too little movement up front and little or no support either. Coxy and Swann were on their own on the left a couple of times with no Cowden players anywhere near to support.

I wasn't a fan of Fotheringham,  but he looked good most of the time when he came on. Some of the players look too nervous when he is around. We should be going for youth for the future, but he is what we need in the middle if he can play like that more often. He looked much fitter than last time he played. Lots of one touch stuff, but that might be because he is too unfit to take more than one touch! Fraser is sometimes good and sometimes wasteful and Miller a bit too wasteful just now. We need some consistency in the middle and maybe then we can stop hoofing it at every opportunity.