Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

2 hours ago, Blue Oktober said:

My comment /observation based around Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs upper two tiers based on the fact he is a normal human being

Just a theory though. Doesn't mean it is reality or applies to all. Plenty of people have strong self belief irrespective of what others think of them. 

It's a pyramid though and you could apply it to Cowden in that, although we have safety, we will not progress to the next level unless we have our own ground.

53 minutes ago, PELE said:

Just a theory though. Doesn't mean it is reality or applies to all. Plenty of people have strong self belief irrespective of what others think of them. 

It's a pyramid though and you could apply it to Cowden in that, although we have safety, we will not progress to the next level unless we have our own ground.

A fairly well  broadly accepted model I am not sure where ground ownership issues effect the player in mind as a factor though! as Maslow initiates domestic & individual stability & wellbeing as opposed to a corporate regime.

Edited by Blue Oktober

31 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

A fairly well  broadly accepted model I am not sure where ground ownership issues effect the player in mind as a factor though! as Maslow initiates domestic & individual stability & wellbeing as opposed to a corporate regime.

I was joking. Applying his model to Cowden. What we need to fulfill to move up the levels of the pyramid.

Plenty of people think it's a flawed model though.

Re Sheerin , guys struggled with weight obviously last few years but when he gets on you can’t fault his effort , was same at Kelty 

Totally agree that he basically scored the goals to keep you in league football but it’s a tough decision for you guys as he is a passenger at mo 

58 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Re Sheerin , guys struggled with weight obviously last few years but when he gets on you can’t fault his effort , was same at Kelty 

Totally agree that he basically scored the goals to keep you in league football but it’s a tough decision for you guys as he is a passenger at mo 

On his game and fully fit, Sheerin is an exciting player. As well as being a natural goalscorer, he knocks defenders about and creates space for others - just ask the Cove defenders! They were quoted in the Press and Journal as saying how hard he was to play against.  Two or three sessions with a good sports psychologist might prove to be cheap at the price - having an instinctive striker who terrorises defenders can be the difference between staying up and being in the relegation play-offs (perish the thought!)  Mind you, the player himself has to 'get it' that he's throwing away a good career by not taking care of himself.  I would set him up with a reputable sports psychologist - and ask an enthusiastic motivator like Neil Irvine to work with him on his fitness - and offer him an extended contract with penalty causes in it.  He is a special talent. Showing that degree of belief in him could save his career and benefit the club in terms of goals and transfer value.

Alloa promotion game.jpg

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Jordyn only scored two goals last season - one in a draw against Stenny and one in a win over Elgin.

He was definitely a good addition to the team though - occupied defenders and took out the Cove keeper when it mattered!

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Why'd Cox get sent off? What was the game like? Cheers.

Ball went out for what should have been a corner but referee awarded a goal kick. Cox let the referee know his thoughts. 

Really bad performance from the officials today. Thomson should have been sent off for kicking out off the ball and Todd's yellow was a good challenge - got the ball. 

Lennox shouldn't have been beaten for the first goal. It was a decent hit from Thomson but it was into the wind. Poor positioning from Lennox. Get McGurn back in.

We were poor and didn't deserve anything from the game. Didn't look like scoring. 

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Why'd Cox get sent off? What was the game like? Cheers.

If Cox put as much effort into the game as he did chasing after the ref and giving him abuse, the result might have been better. It wasn't a corner. The defender knocked it off Cox.

Usual guff from us. I can't for the life of me understand why we persist with Renton up front. He offers nothing. He gets the ball plenty of times and loses it and stands about waving his arms like a spoilt kid. Sheerin looked more dangerous in the handful of minutes he was on. Should be Allan and Henvey starting up front, with Sheerin coming on before it's too late.

With the exception of a few players, we look just like we did a few seasons ago. We will be battling with Berwick to avoid the drop next season.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

If Cox put as much effort into the game as he did chasing after the ref and giving him abuse, the result might have been better. It wasn't a corner. The defender knocked it off Cox.

Usual guff from us. I can't for the life of me understand why we persist with Renton up front. He offers nothing. He gets the ball plenty of times and loses it and stands about waving his arms like a spoilt kid. Sheerin looked more dangerous in the handful of minutes he was on. Should be Allan and Henvey starting up front, with Sheerin coming on before it's too late.

With the exception of a few players, we look just like we did a few seasons ago. We will be battling with Berwick to avoid the drop next season.

Why on earth does any player give a referee abuse. What has that ever achieved?

There is only going to be one winner.

2 hours ago, PELE said:

I was standing on the balcony looking down on the pitch and it was a corner for us. Off course it was silly of Davie to go running after the ref and get himself off but he was right about the corner.

Bit early to say what its going to be like next season Pele as no one knows what sort of squad either us or Berwick will have.

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I was standing on the balcony looking down on the pitch and it was a corner for us. Off course it was silly of Davie to go running after the ref and get himself off but he was right about the corner.

Bit early to say what its going to be like next season Pele as no one knows what sort of squad either us or Berwick will have.

How can someone get sent off over a corner kick decision though?

thats totally crazy