• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Drifter

Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

2 hours ago, Cowden loyal brethern said:

Why is it that the punters here on p&b know cowdens best line up better than Bollan !!!!!

Do they? It’s all about opinions. 

Our strongest team should always include Harvey Swann, I think the vast majority of us can agree on that apart from Gary Bollan.

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Do they? It’s all about opinions. 

Aye i agree  but then somtimes bollan does throw a curve ball selction !! I am not anti bollan just somtimes his selection a bit diffrent 

What do you think about Deas?

obviously he’s good for us but is he good enough to make it in the premier, and is he good enough for Celtic?

we have had Markus Fraser in defence on loan from Celtic previously, and he didn’t last at Celtic but ended up Ross county I think?

Is he better than Fraser ?

sure Iv heard it’s about 1 in 20 make it at Celtic from their youth team, tough school.

2 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Our strongest team should always include Harvey Swann, I think the vast majority of us can agree on that apart from Gary Bollan.

Would agree with this 

13 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

obviously he’s good for us but is he good enough to make it in the premier, and is he good enough for Celtic?

we have had Markus Fraser in defence on loan from Celtic previously, and he didn’t last at Celtic but ended up Ross county I think?

sure Iv heard it’s about 1 in 20 make it at Celtic from their youth team, tough school.

I think Deas will end up on loan at a Championship club next season - maybe a Morton. 

59 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Quality centre back who is Scotland under19 regular and captain and could be playing now in premier league with a bottom 6 team.

however, Celtic will buy some Slovakian for 20 million and Deas will end up with some  English Championship team. Sad reflection on the development of Scottish talent by our big clubs.

1 hour ago, 1GregStewart said:

Not a chance he will make it at Celtic. I can’t imagine the success rate is close to 1/20 in recent years either. 

He certainly has the potential to make a career from football though but it is quite hard to tell as he’s playing against people at the arse end of the SPFL.

Fraser was playing well for us in a much stronger team against much stronger opposition - hard to compare. He’s Ross County’s captain though and could be back in the top flight next season. 

8 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Quality centre back who is Scotland under19 regular and captain and could be playing now in premier league with a bottom 6 team.

That’s a bit of a wild shout. Nothing really to suggest that’s the case. 

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

however, Celtic will buy some Slovakian for 20 million and Deas will end up with some  English Championship team. Sad reflection on the development of Scottish talent by our big clubs.

There is little or no development from the bigger clubs. All they do is hoover up the kids with potential and they stagnate and get very few opportunities whilst the club overspends on foreigners, some of whom are at the end of their career.

Young players would be far better avoiding the bigger clubs and get game time elsewhere.

Instead, they are too quick to sign up and then disappear for a while before eventually playing lower league football in England.

17 hours ago, PELE said:

There is little or no development from the bigger clubs. All they do is hoover up the kids with potential and they stagnate and get very few opportunities whilst the club overspends on foreigners, some of whom are at the end of their career.

Young players would be far better avoiding the bigger clubs and get game time elsewhere.

Instead, they are too quick to sign up and then disappear for a while before eventually playing lower league football in England.

Yeah mate it seems to be the case, especially Celtic. They can’t play them all, so many don’t develop sitting on the bench. And they can’t play for a local team /school as they’re not allowed to if signed with Celtic etc.

Obviously finances in Scotland are severely weighed in Celtic's favour, thanks to the champions league, so they can take as many youths as they want and it barely makes a difference.

19 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Not a chance he will make it at Celtic. I can’t imagine the success rate is close to 1/20 in recent years either. 

He certainly has the potential to make a career from football though but it is quite hard to tell as he’s playing against people at the arse end of the SPFL.

Fraser was playing well for us in a much stronger team against much stronger opposition - hard to compare. He’s Ross County’s captain though and could be back in the top flight next season. 

Yeah I think odds worse than 1/20

No biggie if he doesn’t make it at Celtic look at Andy Robertson didn’t do him much harm not to succeed there , better off at a team where he will play week in n out 

I read in todays press and journal that our postponed away trip to Peterhead is to be played on Tuesday 26th February.ive seen no notification on the spfl site but that's pretty pish nowadays.anyone able to confirm?

Just now, highlandcowden said:

I read in todays press and journal that our postponed away trip to Peterhead is to be played on Tuesday 26th February.ive seen no notification on the spfl site but that's pretty pish nowadays.anyone able to confirm?

Its also in the fife times online. We play them on the 5th of March at home as well.

3 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Its also in the fife times online. We play them on the 5th of March at home as well.

ill take that as read,then,unless I hear otherwise.as I said,they revamped spfl site is shite so it not saying anything doesn't really mean much

2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

No biggie if he doesn’t make it at Celtic look at Andy Robertson didn’t do him much harm not to succeed there , better off at a team where he will play week in n out 

Yes of course you are correct. 

However , that’s a very rare story. For every Andy Robertson there’s a ton of good players wasted. Some don’t even kick a ball anymore. 

I know this from first hand experience. My brother in law was Celtic under 20 and did not enjoy it and hasn’t played for anyone else since. He’s not the only 1.

Anyway, at least Deas is getting games for a senior club. Hope it stands him in good stead for a career somewhere.

Yes all our rearranged fixtures are on the clubs social media sites facebook and twitter