Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:
1 hour ago, Drifter said:
Wonderful news... I'll get that train booked. Again!

Your commitment is as much mental as it is admirable!

Ha, ta... I don't know about admirable but definitely feckin nuts - especially after I questioned my sanity returning from the last futile trip.

I was desperate to get back for this but the only real obstacle was finances (working freelance can be a bitch when waiting for payment, especially at this time of year)... so tried delaying what I thought would be the inevitable of missing this game until as late as possible.

Wanting to give Al a few days to find any possible takers for my ticket, I sent a message earlier, expressing the regret that I'd have to say it's looking very unlikely I'll be able to travel.

Then he says about some heaters and the fact it WILL be on - and this coming from the fella who doubted the Albion Rovers away might go ahead, and was also worried about last Friday's match. So the certainty raised that slight hope of getting there.

Then I got a message off me mate Blind Paul asking if I'm going and could I get him a ticket, as he's up for a few days in Scotland mooching around some grounds and junior games and heard via an FC friend that I've been doing a few Cowden games and was up for the game last week.

So then there was the possibility of sharing costs on digs, and there was only one way without the roll of a dice that I was going to commit to this and that was the old tried and tested...

Put my faith in the Viking god that is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and whack a tenner on United winning at Arsenal tonight. With half an hour to go, I cashed out and put a few quid on United 3-1, and thus my train fare was covered on a £10 bet, Paul was called and committed to travelling... and hopefully Al hasn't found a buyer for my tickets!

So if you see a skint, pished and travel-weary-looking fella walking down the High Street with a can in his hand and a blind fella trailing desperately on his shoulder, and steering the poor sod into the High Street shop windows en-route by mid-afternoon next Wednesday... that'll be us, and please feel free to feed our hunger for alcohol!

Now C'mon Cowden!!

PS... Yes, Blind Paul really is blind but he's one of the biggest sports nuts I know...  goes 'watching' cricket in Australia on his own and loves lower-league Scottish fitba... so we're all a bunch of barmpots in our Cowden Reds group... as you're probably slowly discovering over the past year :) 

Edited by Drifter

12 hours ago, Drifter said:

In fact chief... can you hold em until tomorrow night... it's still 90% certain I won't make it so if anyone wants to get at the top of the list on standby... I've just been offered a glimmer of hope for making it... and my companion really would make you smile if it's a goer.

By the way. Do you know who Scotty is on here... or one of the lads from West Brom? 

Edinburger Cowden - doesn't post much now but does look 

13 hours ago, Drifter said:

ALI, KEEP MY NAME ON THOSE TICKETS TA PAL!!

I'm risking financial ruin to get up for this rearranged game, along with me much-travelled and equally drunken made Blind Paul who despite the fact I'll be acting as his guide, he'll no doubt he guiding me home by the end of another very long day or two on the lash without hopefully the latest recruit of the Cowden Reds! 

Now get them heaters working... please!

You’re some boy!

11 hours ago, Drifter said:

Ha, ta... I don't know about admirable but definitely feckin nuts - especially after I questioned my sanity returning from the last futile trip.

I was desperate to get back for this but the only real obstacle was finances (working freelance can be a bitch when waiting for payment, especially at this time of year)... so tried delaying what I thought would be the inevitable of missing this game until as late as possible.

Wanting to give Al a few days to find any possible takers for my ticket, I sent a message earlier, expressing the regret that I'd have to say it's looking very unlikely I'll be able to travel.

Then he says about some heaters and the fact it WILL be on - and this coming from the fella who doubted the Albion Rovers away might go ahead, and was also worried about last Friday's match. So the certainty raised that slight hope of getting there.

Then I got a message off me mate Blind Paul asking if I'm going and could I get him a ticket, as he's up for a few days in Scotland mooching around some grounds and junior games and heard via an FC friend that I've been doing a few Cowden games and was up for the game last week.

So then there was the possibility of sharing costs on digs, and there was only one way without the roll of a dice that I was going to commit to this and that was the old tried and tested...

Put my faith in the Viking god that is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and whack a tenner on United winning at Arsenal tonight. With half an hour to go, I cashed out and put a few quid on United 3-1, and thus my train fare was covered on a £10 bet, Paul was called and committed to travelling... and hopefully Al hasn't found a buyer for my tickets!

So if you see a skint, pished and travel-weary-looking fella walking down the High Street with a can in his hand and a blind fella trailing desperately on his shoulder, and steering the poor sod into the High Street shop windows en-route by mid-afternoon next Wednesday... that'll be us, and please feel free to feed our hunger for alcohol!

Now C'mon Cowden!!

PS... Yes, Blind Paul really is blind but he's one of the biggest sports nuts I know...  goes 'watching' cricket in Australia on his own and loves lower-league Scottish fitba... so we're all a bunch of barmpots in our Cowden Reds group... as you're probably slowly discovering over the past year :) 

I had buyers for your tickets mate but they’re yours 

13 hours ago, Drifter said:

Now C'mon Cowden!!

Your fecking mad:lol:  (I say that in a good way). Good shout with the bet to cover your train fare.

6 minutes ago, PELE said:

Scoring goals a problem for us. So why not start with Henvey? Renton isn't doing it.

Renton doing away ok. 

Today Cox giving the ball away too often, aswell as Buchanan. Wasn’t really clicking today and didn’t get Allan in the game enough.

Bollan far too slow to make subs, it was obvious first 5 mins of second half how game was going to go unless we changed it.

3 minutes ago, big al said:

Renton doing away ok. 

Today Cox giving the ball away too often, aswell as Buchanan. Wasn’t really clicking today and didn’t get Allan in the game enough.

Bollan far too slow to make subs, it was obvious first 5 mins of second half how game was going to go unless we changed it.

Buchanan poor too often. He seems to switch off. Cox hit and miss, but puts the effort in.

If we are going to take loan players, put them in. It's not like we are on some great run and don't want to change the team.

Now with a fair chunk of the season gone , which players would you guys like to see us part ways with and what do you think we need to bring in ?
Bollan should be sitting down right now looking at the league table and the cup cash and begging the board to get gary fraser signed up for next season before someone else does.

And Swann but convincing him to stay will be a challenge.

5 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

Bollan should be sitting down right now looking at the league table and the cup cash and begging the board to get gary fraser signed up for next season before someone else does.

And Swann but convincing him to stay will be a challenge.

I usually don’t say much about Swann but based on the last 2 games we have played, it’s a crime Swann was an unused sub today.