Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Mixu had us playing the best football you're ever likely to see played by Cowdenbeath. The three attackers with Markus was an absolute joy to watch. I remember a lot of people writing big Armand off when he joined us but he was an absolute revelation.

I would also agree with the style of play under Mixu and the first title in 67 years being special and would put him first.

Cameron also deserves some recognition for winning the third tier (whatever it was called that week) and keeping us up in the Championship a season.

On 01/06/2019 at 17:43, Drifter said:

So, with the favourites now decided and decked in Paulas Benara kits - making you the only fans in football who will probably say the best shirts you've had were made by that manufacturer!!

The final question.

If you were to have one former Cowden manager as boss of your favourite team, who would it be? (And you can have a second nominations as assistant!)

Tam Steven- won us the East of Scotland League and still goes to City matches and will kick my heid in if I didn't nominate him :lol:

Assistant- well, he wasn't Cowden boss but can I have Neil Irvine because he's a great guy? 

2 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

What's your point, caller? We were a Championship club at the time. 

I just don't think you can compare one game away at the runaway leaders hearts with the season long train wrecks in almost-pub leagues under fox and nish,thats all

3 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

I just don't think you can compare one game away at the runaway leaders hearts with the season long train wrecks in almost-pub leagues under fox and nish,thats all

We got pumped 6-0 by Falkirk, 5-0 by Hibs and QOTS, 10-0 by Hearts and multiple other scuddings through the season.

It was a season long train wreck in which our squad included Jordan Halsman, Craig Sutherland, Danijel Jurisic, Sammy Stewart and lots of other jobbers. Jimmy Nicholl was not a good manager and his signing policy brought in some of the worst players I've seen at Central Park in his two spells at the club.

19 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Any word on any more players signing up? When the strips will be released?

Kits usally get revealed a week or so before the Cowdenbeath Gala where they become available to buy, which is a week on Saturday, so must be imminent, hopefully. 

Edited by The Blue Brasilion

Neither Nish or Fox managed to lose 10-0.

Enter Jimmy Nicholl!

A friend of mine played lower league football for way over 10 years, and spent 3 or 4 seasons at Cowdenbeath. He always says that Nicholl was the worst manager he played under in all his time in football.

Apparently he never gave instructions to players and just told him to “run about a bit” or “burrow in the hole” [emoji23]

Crazy to think of the teams he has worked at since leaving Cowden, as I don’t doubt this is true.