Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I quite liked the Paulas Benara tops they were always bespoke ones.

If you were a skinny winger though, wearing a long-sleeve top, and the wind picked up on a matchday... surely the players would be lifted away like helpless kites before landing somewhere in the Forth?!

58 minutes ago, Drifter said:

If you were a skinny winger though, wearing a long-sleeve top, and the wind picked up on a matchday... surely the players would be lifted away like helpless kites before landing somewhere in the Forth?!

Graeme Brown was like that when he first came to Cowden, he had to beef up as he was easily knocked off the ball, fast forward a couple of seasons and he could hold off defenders no bother, was rather good at it. 

Was the Carnie who was sub in that match Grant Carnie? 

Was going to be the next big thing for City in the East of Scotland League. He wasn't. Later played for Dunbar United too. 

Best known for hitting a shot towards goal which was deflected off centre half Ross McNamara's arse and in. The popular Mac hadn't scored a goal for City so he was credited with it and the chant

"Ross McNamara, he scores goals with his arse"

was born!

31 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Was the Carnie who was sub in that match Grant Carnie? 

Was going to be the next big thing for City in the East of Scotland League. He wasn't. Later played for Dunbar United too. 

Best known for hitting a shot towards goal which was deflected off centre half Ross McNamara's arse and in. The popular Mac hadn't scored a goal for City so he was credited with it and the chant

"Ross McNamara, he scores goals with his arse"

was born!

Yeah was Grant. 

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I quite liked the Paulas Benara tops they were always bespoke ones.

Have loads of Cowden tops. My Paulo Benara top with the 'Bernard Gunther Crane Hire' logo is way, way, my favourite. Love the collar & especially the royal blue colour which is bright & has not faded over time. Hopefully Drifter's design for next years's top gets the nod so I can take a view as to any new potential favourite.

P.S. Edited to add: Quite like those Benares Benara Socks with the blue and white stripes in the photos. How good would those look with the Drifter tops  ? 

Edited by ronaldincoo

3 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Have a loads of Cowden tops. My Paulo Benara top with the 'Bernard Gunther Crane Hire' logo is way, way, my favourite. Love the collar & especially the royal blue colour which is bright & has not faded over time. Hopefully Drifter's design for next years's top gets the nod so I can take a view as to any new potential favourite.

Things that make you go hmm....:

Bernie Gunther is the hero of Edinburgh author Philip Kerr's detective novels set in Nazi Germany... coincidence?!

The Boys from The Blue Brazil...  :lol:

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Things that make you go hmm....:

Bernie Gunther is the hero of Edinburgh author Philip Kerr's detective novels set in Nazi Germany... coincidence?!

The Boys from The Blue Brazil...  :lol:

Yes. I've had 6 pints so far. Entirely coincidence.:cheers

Edited by ronaldincoo

Still have my Paulas Benara  97/98 shirt, it was quite rare back then for a club just to have a kit design for one season, etremely rare to come across one. Benara era kits were some of the finest designs we have had. 

Edited by The Blue Brasilion

I have quite a lot of the tops from the mid 80's to the current top, but I would love to have a replica of the 1970 home and away tops as next seasons tops.

6 hours ago, PELE said:

I have quite a lot of the tops from the mid 80's to the current top, but I would love to have a replica of the 1970 home and away tops as next seasons tops.

There is one shirt I would have loved to have owned was the 94/95 one, I maybe the only one that thought it looked smart, lol. Yeah would be fantastic to have bespoke based on that kit, hopefully it's not just another template. 

Edited by The Blue Brasilion

So, with the favourites now decided and decked in Paulas Benara kits - making you the only fans in football who will probably say the best shirts you've had were made by that manufacturer!!

The final question.

If you were to have one former Cowden manager as boss of your favourite team, who would it be? (And you can have a second nominations as assistant!)

18 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Mixu.

Another for Mixu most entertaining season watching us was 05-06, not just winning the title but they way we did it pure attacking entertainment. Even more remarkable was he came in aftet the season had started!