Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Looking at all these names. We’ve had some cracking forwards over the years.

Edit to add - in recent times when we had Greg Stewart and Kane Hemmings up front we were capable of beating anyone. Better teams couldn’t go all out attack as we caught them on the break and these two were lethal. Great times.

21 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Looking at all these names. We’ve had some cracking forwards over the years.

Edit to add - in recent times when we had Greg Stewart and Kane Hemmings up front we were capable of beating anyone. Better teams couldn’t go all out attack as we caught them on the break and these two were lethal. Great times.

Greg and Kane v Hamilton away, we ended up winning 4-3 but they were totally un-playable that day  

It's really difficult picking from just the players I have watched over the years and I am sure some of the guys before my time would definitely dominate the team line up. 

As I prefer 4-3-3, I would go with Greg Stewart on the left, Armand One in the centre and Kenny Ward on the right. A good few others could easily interchange with these three. 

I have watched some brilliant strikers... 

Sandy Ross, Alan Mackenzie

Mark Yardley,  Billy Spence

Graham Buckley, Sumo Lamont

Willie Callaghan, Tom Condie :lol:

Nicky Henderson, Graham Brown

Murray McDowell,  Graeme Holmes

Armand One,  Liam Buchanan, 

Pat Clarke,  Mikko P

Gareth Wardlaw, Greg Stewart

Kane Hemmings. 

If I had to pick a partnership,  it would have to be Sumo and Buckley but if selecting 2 from the list, I would go... 

Greg Stewart and Alan Mackenzie for the silky football. 

Mark Yardley, Graham Brown and Gareth Wardlaw were three of my all time favourites and Sumo and Billy Steele from the older days.

Graham Brown was a brilliant player for us but sadly during his second stint he had gone completely off the boil for some reason. 

The Flamingo will always be a legend in my eyes. He actually scored a lot of important goals for us, often after coming on as a sub.

He was a nutter as well which made him even better in my eyes.

Edited by Only coo in the village

36 minutes ago, The Blue Brasilion said:

Whilst having a clearout i came across a couple of old newspaper match reports that i kept but completely forgot about. From Pasquale Bruno turning out for Cowden to Broonie's late winning header in Methil. 

IMG_20190531_191255.jpg

IMG_20190531_191229.jpg

IMG_20190531_191153.jpg

Rab Shannon - those were they days.  Did he not get sent off at CP in another thrashing of them?  Sure it ended 4 nil that day

Great stuff. A few things made me smile, and even do one of those proper laugh out loud things where a bit of snot shoots out of your nostril.

Anyway, looking at that last clipping... how baggy were shirts in the 90s?!

Secondly, the shirt-out-of-the-shorts look worn by Bruno reminded me of Georgie Best and Denis Law... though obviously on a slightly different level playing wise.

Which leads me on finally, as a United fan who went home and away in those days, to that snot-induced giggle at the fact his Cowden career was effectively over because he had to get back to Italy for the Inter-United game! Was this 99? if so, then lucky b*****d, cos I was stuck in college that day and on the verge of getting booting out for non-attendance due to the football just after the subsequent final that year, and missing my exams.

Funny how random tales induce such good and forgotten memories. Nice one fellas, really enjoying this mini thread of favourites

1 hour ago, vince sinclair said:

Rab Shannon - those were they days.  Did he not get sent off at CP in another thrashing of them?  Sure it ended 4 nil that day

Yeah was the first game against East Fife the same season and it ended 4-0. Yeah Shannon got sent off, that season and the season after East Fife were a bunch of dirty b******s.  Near enough got at least a sending off in every game., 3 in 1 game, ha! Did Levein no kick up a stick in the media about the Methil tinks diry tactics? 

Edited by The Blue Brasilion

32 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Great stuff. A few things made me smile, and even do one of those proper laugh out loud things where a bit of snot shoots out of your nostril.

Secondly, the shirt-out-of-the-shorts look worn by Bruno reminded me of Georgie Best and Denis Law... though obviously on a slightly different level playing wise.

Which leads me on finally, as a United fan who went home and away in those days, to that snot-induced giggle at the fact his Cowden career was effectively over because he had to get back to Italy for the Inter-United game! Was this 99? if so, then lucky b*****d, cos I was stuck in college that day and on the verge of getting booting out for non-attendance due to the football just after the subsequent final that year, and missing my exams.

Funny how random tales induce such good and forgotten memories. Nice one fellas, really enjoying this mini thread of favourites

March 13th, 1999 was when the game was played. Yeah some of the shirts from this period felt a size bigger on you, lol. 

57 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Aye it was 98-99 season towards the end.

24 minutes ago, The Blue Brasilion said:

March 13th, 1999 was when the game was played. Yeah some of the shirts from this period felt a size bigger on you, lol. 

I quite liked the Paulas Benara tops they were always bespoke ones.

24 minutes ago, The Blue Brasilion said:

I found one of my mid-90s United tops the other day -and  it's still baggy on me now almost 25 years later!