Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

10 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Didn’t he get sent off in twice in consecutive games? Some player though.

He got sent off 3 times in Mixu's full season and as you say in 2 consecutive ones he was involved in. Turned out all well in the end as his 2 seasons at Arniston saw him comeback with a cooler head.

In the last 13 years he's only had a further 3 red cards.

Edited by cowdenbeath

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

He got sent off 3 times in Mixu's full season and as you say in 2 consecutive ones he was involved in. Turned out all well in the end as his 2 seasons at Arniston saw him comeback with a cooler head.

Was both his red cards not 2 yellows in relatively quick succession?

4 hours ago, Drifter said:

Could the club possibly arrange a game or two in the north west of England during pre-season, possibly Cumbria, so we can enjoy a good day out.... and I don't have to travel far for a game? If not, north Wales will do! Ta

If you played Clugger's Quay Gonads in a pre-season friendly you wouldn't have many fit players for the start of the season..

..see you in the Clwyd for a pint..

59 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

If you played Clugger's Quay Gonads in a pre-season friendly you wouldn't have many fit players for the start of the season..

..see you in the Clwyd for a pint..

Other than them, Airbus, or the equally soulless and dislikable TNS... of course! Otherwise, some lovely places, grounds and boozers along the north coast

Edited by Drifter

44 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Yer man Moonglum mentioned it on our thread. The assumption seems to be that's who it is.

Real shame if Swann has gone. He never got a regular run in our team and has real ability. Not a left back though.

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

There's no actual evidence that he has joined Stenny just been mentioned by a few Stenny fans on here. I would imagine we would be due a development fee if he has joined them.

I'd rather have Swann than a small fee.

1 minute ago, PELE said:

I'd rather have Swann than a small fee.

As I said I would take anything a random on here says with a pinch of salt. No idea what we would be due but he's been with us for a good few years long before he came on the 1st team scene,

Used to like big Keith Wilson and his regular stints being put upfront at the end of games.  Also thought his partner David White was a decent CB. 

Big Shug Douglas, Davie McGovern and Eric Archibald were a solid 3 but Mbu and Armstrong my top 2.

Going back a bit further, Archie Robertson brought Mike Clinton from Clyde and played him as a sweeper first time we had seen anything like that . He wasn't big or fast but he read the game brilliantly and was very calm. Made a lot of goals for big Tam Clark with his pinpoint free kicks .Couldn't take a penalty though. Jim Moore was another good one. With Dundee United for years but couldn't get a game because of Doug Smith. Was a bit of a steal for us getting him

3 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

Used to like big Keith Wilson and his regular stints being put upfront at the end of games.  Also thought his partner David White was a decent CB. 

Big Shug Douglas, Davie McGovern and Eric Archibald were a solid 3 but Mbu and Armstrong my top 2.

Mbu and Armstrong for me too.