Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Mcgregor was unbelievable for us and gave the best centre half showing up at brechin one day ive ever seen.

For me Mcgregor and chopper.

Always had great centre backs. Big joe was immense. Loved big John Ward. Davie white was excellent too. Innes was a leader and a great fit for us at that time but not as good as a mcgregor or chopper.

Fife Cup has some new members for next season!   We've been drawn at home to Kelty Hearts while Dunfermline host Hill of Beath. East Fife travel to Dundonald Bluebell and Burntisland host Raith.

I actually thought the small amount of time McGregor was played in midfield, he actually looked better! We gave East Fife a pumping and he was literally untouchable. Jay Stein also scored a cracking free kick.

As above though, we've been absolutely spoiled with excellent centre halfs over the years. Chopper and Inness probably take it for me though. What was the script with Chopper not playing for us again? A fall out with Nish rings a bell? Travesty if so.

Also, was it not Chopper that got absolutely rattled square in the coupon with a drilled shot from point blank range at East End Park? I've never heard a whole stand give it an 'OOOOOOOOHHHHH' after something like that. He barely flinched when it would have took any other player on the pitch right out. Hard b*****d.

23 minutes ago, NELLY said:

Mcgregor was unbelievable for us and gave the best centre half showing up at brechin one day ive ever seen.

McGregor was a good player, especially when he came back off loan but he was always a free kick waiting to happen.

11 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Fife Cup has some new members for next season!   We've been drawn at home to Kelty Hearts while Dunfermline host Hill of Beath. East Fife travel to Dundonald Bluebell and Burntisland host Raith.

Could the club possibly arrange a game or two in the north west of England during pre-season, possibly Cumbria, so we can enjoy a good day out.... and I don't have to travel far for a game? If not, north Wales will do! Ta

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Shame we aren't away to Kelty, would have gone to that.

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

Always had great centre backs. Big joe was immense. Loved big John Ward. Davie white was excellent too. Innes was a leader and a great fit for us at that time but not as good as a mcgregor or chopper.

Agree these would be my two. Armstrong the best defender in my time but McGregor was superb in the middle of park  as well (scored a few goals) so I would be tempted to move him forward.

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I actually thought the small amount of time McGregor was played in midfield, he actually looked better! We gave East Fife a pumping and he was literally untouchable. Jay Stein also scored a cracking free kick.

As above though, we've been absolutely spoiled with excellent centre halfs over the years. Chopper and Inness probably take it for me though. What was the script with Chopper not playing for us again? A fall out with Nish rings a bell? Travesty if so.

Armstrong never recovered from a bad injury, I think he was on a lot of steroids and ended up putting weight on. Sad as you see that donkey Lithgow playing in the top flight and Armstrong was a level above him.

1 hour ago, ronaldincoo said:

McGregor was a good player, especially when he came back off loan but he was always a free kick waiting to happen.

Don't think he ever went on loan, he was a very rash young lad though but he matured well. Loved his attitude.

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

Could the club possibly arrange a game or two in the north west of England during pre-season, possibly Cumbria, so we can enjoy a good day out.... and I don't have to travel far for a game? If not, north Wales will do! Ta

We have had a lot of games in the NE of England over the years, we definitely played Workington which I am sure is Cumbria though. Not many teams to choose from there though!

9 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Don't think he ever went on loan, he was a very rash young lad though but he matured well. Loved his attitude.

Just checked. You are right Muzz. He was released by us and went to play for Arniston before coming back.

11 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

We have had a lot of games in the NE of England over the years, we definitely played Workington which I am sure is Cumbria though. Not many teams to choose from there though!

In recent memory, we played at Ashington and Blyth. 

9 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

In recent memory, we played at Ashington and Blyth. 

We also played in Workington and Dunston (I think).  Dad and I were at both games - Workington has to be the worst town I've ever visited while I think I missed the only goal of the game in Dunston :lol: 

2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Andy Kinnell surely and Darren McGregor and Bryan Gilfillan

I'm glad Bryan got a shout... if only for that wonderful image with crutches after the Cove game last season!! If ever there was a picture of pure commitment, that was it

5 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

We also played in Workington and Dunston (I think).  Dad and I were at both games - Workington has to be the worst town I've ever visited while I think I missed the only goal of the game in Dunston :lol: 

You're not wrong about Workington. An absolute cesspit of a place but a lovely old ground that staged one of the final games played by many of the Busby Babes in 1958. It's also a lovely drive though the lakes from our part of the world, though the locals are something else!

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

Aye, not much to go at in Cumbria to be fair. Other than Workington, there's a decent day out at Kendal, whilst there's now Carlisle City in the North West Counties... plus Penrith… and a bit beyond Cumbria is Lancaster, which is a fine drinking town and decent ground.

Edited by Drifter

56 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Yeah we played Dunston Federation. We also played Bedlington FC or something like that. Did we play Billingham Synthonia?

It was the other lot Billingham Town we played remember speaking to you and your old man at the game it was on a Friday night played at Ashington the next day.