Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Getting withdrawal symptoms already. Had a weird nightmare last night. We were playing up at Elgin,who had signed David Templeton. We were winning 2-0,but ended up losing 3-2 Templeton scoring twice. At the end of the game Dave McGurn, who was wearing a bunnet, pointed at me and said,"It's your fault." Then I was running about the streets of Elgin in a blind panic because I couldn't remember where I had parked  the car  I woke up in a cold sweat. Is there Joseph out there who can tell me what it all means?

8 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Getting withdrawal symptoms already. Had a weird nightmare last night. We were playing up at Elgin,who had signed David Templeton. We were winning 2-0,but ended up losing 3-2 Templeton scoring twice. At the end of the game Dave McGurn, who was wearing a bunnet, pointed at me and said,"It's your fault." Then I was running about the streets of Elgin in a blind panic because I couldn't remember where I had parked  the car  I woke up in a cold sweat. Is there Joseph out there who can tell me what it all means?

Over to you Kierkeggard !

10 hours ago, mo83 said:
19 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:
Left backs don't get me started Denis Jack, Henry Mowbray, Davie Cairns, Jim Markey, Davie Taylor come to mind

Greame Meldrum?

Wouldn't get to polish those boys boots. 

8 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Andy Campbell was pretty funny at LB. Was never a football player but had some engine if I remember rightly.

I always liked Andy, he gave us 100% and was right footed playing left back. Got far too much stick. 

46 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

GK -  Buzz Lamont (sub McGurn) 

RB - Davie Watt (sub Brett) 

LB - Rory McKeown (sub Sandy Robbo) 

You are having a laugh with the keeper choice. Buzz was one of the worst keepers we ever had. Taxi for Lamont!

10 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

Totally disagree!! Who can forget his Scottish cup performance at Partick Thistle and then against Hibs x2. 

He was good at reflex saves, but poor at the other stuff and cost us goals plenty of times. I remember a game against the Shippy when he didn't judge the bounce of the ball and let it bounce over his head and in. We lost the game.

14 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

Totally disagree!! Who can forget his Scottish cup performance at Partick Thistle and then against Hibs x2. 

If you could mix his strengths with McGurns you would have an amazing keeper.

I presume we're doing centre backs now.  Ooft we've had some crackers over the years.

Innes Ritchie :wub: John Ward :wub: Joe Mbu :wub: John Armstrong :wub: 

Sandy Hodge :eek: Craig Sives :eek: David Hannah :eek:

8 minutes ago, PELE said:

Let's just have a team of centre backs.

Deal

GK -  Jamie Pyper

Right Back - John Armstrong

Left Back - Dougie Hill

Centre Backs - Innes Ritchie, David White

Right Mid -  John Ward

Left Mid - Robbie Deas

Centre Mids - Darren McGregor, Thomas O'Brien

Strikers - Darren Brownlie. Joe Mbu

Would skoosh the Championship.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I presume we're doing centre backs now.  Ooft we've had some crackers over the years.

Innes Ritchie :wub: John Ward :wub: Joe Mbu :wub: John Armstrong :wub: 

Sandy Hodge :eek: Craig Sives :eek: David Hannah :eek:

I hadn't even got round to the left backs! But as they've mostly been covered now, we might as well move on to your favourite/best central defenders!